I have thought many times about buying ciem's, but dont want to be locked into a totally sealed and pressurised environment. sometimes I prefer a slightly shallower and less pressurised environment. I probably would like the fit and comfort of a ciem, but at least I have the ability to adjust, push or pull a normal iem, to get the balance and signature I want. I am unwilling to shell out good money for something that is not as versatile as a normal iem, and also, almost unsaleable. any constructive comments?
- productPhilips Fidelio S1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation for headphones under 100 for metal music Last post on 5/12/14 at 12:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finding my perfect in ears, please help, desperate! Last post on 12/16/13 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In-ear headsets for Android? Last post on 4/3/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fidelio S1 LNIB Last post on 10/21/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can ask for a non-sealed custom. To explain a bit better, the faceplate comes with a hole to allow musicians to listen better the outside noise, however, it defeats the purpose of CIEMs IMHO.
Hybrids CIEMs also come with holes.
Consider Philips Fidelio S1 or S2 as a non-isolating option.
I still want a seal, just without the air pressure stuck in my ears. My normal method of fit is, push them in, get equal balance, then lift up or sideways until pressure release, then its about right.
Holding a ciem shell to the ear and pulling on your earlobes should relieve pressure and balance sound. A non musician fit has a shorter canal and for me never creates pressure when inserted, probably because unlike universal silicone tips, the ciem shell doesnt create a "seal" until the very last moment when the earpiece clicks into place. I only have to relieve pressure once in a while when in a car/bus or plane due to pressure changes based on altitude. I had unequal pressure on ciem before but was because one side was poor fit (top of shell too big pushing the earpiece outward creating a pull suction on eardrum). You should be fine aslong as you get good fit on ciems.
Then insert any custom, pull ear lope to break seal and equalize the pressure, and you're done.
- customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 13 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 (FS or WTT for K712) 1 minute ago
- › beyerdynamic T51p & T51i appreciation society 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-08-27 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A practical experiment that shows how damping factor works in... 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › What should I set my ASUS U7 Headphone setting to when using a... 2 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)