I have thought many times about buying ciem's, but dont want to be locked into a totally sealed and pressurised environment. sometimes I prefer a slightly shallower and less pressurised environment. I probably would like the fit and comfort of a ciem, but at least I have the ability to adjust, push or pull a normal iem, to get the balance and signature I want. I am unwilling to shell out good money for something that is not as versatile as a normal iem, and also, almost unsaleable. any constructive comments?
- productPhilips Fidelio S1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation for headphones under 100 for metal music Last post on 5/12/14 at 12:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finding my perfect in ears, please help, desperate! Last post on 12/16/13 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In-ear headsets for Android? Last post on 4/3/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fidelio S1 LNIB Last post on 10/21/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can ask for a non-sealed custom. To explain a bit better, the faceplate comes with a hole to allow musicians to listen better the outside noise, however, it defeats the purpose of CIEMs IMHO.
Hybrids CIEMs also come with holes.
Consider Philips Fidelio S1 or S2 as a non-isolating option.
I still want a seal, just without the air pressure stuck in my ears. My normal method of fit is, push them in, get equal balance, then lift up or sideways until pressure release, then its about right.
Holding a ciem shell to the ear and pulling on your earlobes should relieve pressure and balance sound. A non musician fit has a shorter canal and for me never creates pressure when inserted, probably because unlike universal silicone tips, the ciem shell doesnt create a "seal" until the very last moment when the earpiece clicks into place. I only have to relieve pressure once in a while when in a car/bus or plane due to pressure changes based on altitude. I had unequal pressure on ciem before but was because one side was poor fit (top of shell too big pushing the earpiece outward creating a pull suction on eardrum). You should be fine aslong as you get good fit on ciems.
Then insert any custom, pull ear lope to break seal and equalize the pressure, and you're done.
- customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 19 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 32 seconds ago
- › Open Headphones and Amp Advice 39 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 52 seconds ago
- › Earbuds for 60$? 2 minutes ago
- › Birthday gift for my BF: headphones for studying 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)