I have thought many times about buying ciem's, but dont want to be locked into a totally sealed and pressurised environment. sometimes I prefer a slightly shallower and less pressurised environment. I probably would like the fit and comfort of a ciem, but at least I have the ability to adjust, push or pull a normal iem, to get the balance and signature I want. I am unwilling to shell out good money for something that is not as versatile as a normal iem, and also, almost unsaleable. any constructive comments?
- productPhilips Fidelio S1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs that have: Decent soundstage, look good, and cost around $70? Last post on 9/4/14 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any IEMs for me? Last post on 8/30/14 at 10:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for headphones under 100 for metal music Last post on 5/12/14 at 12:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finding my perfect in ears, please help, desperate! Last post on 12/16/13 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can ask for a non-sealed custom. To explain a bit better, the faceplate comes with a hole to allow musicians to listen better the outside noise, however, it defeats the purpose of CIEMs IMHO.
Hybrids CIEMs also come with holes.
Consider Philips Fidelio S1 or S2 as a non-isolating option.
I still want a seal, just without the air pressure stuck in my ears. My normal method of fit is, push them in, get equal balance, then lift up or sideways until pressure release, then its about right.
Holding a ciem shell to the ear and pulling on your earlobes should relieve pressure and balance sound. A non musician fit has a shorter canal and for me never creates pressure when inserted, probably because unlike universal silicone tips, the ciem shell doesnt create a "seal" until the very last moment when the earpiece clicks into place. I only have to relieve pressure once in a while when in a car/bus or plane due to pressure changes based on altitude. I had unequal pressure on ciem before but was because one side was poor fit (top of shell too big pushing the earpiece outward creating a pull suction on eardrum). You should be fine aslong as you get good fit on ciems.
Then insert any custom, pull ear lope to break seal and equalize the pressure, and you're done.
- customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alo Audio Mk 3 1 minute ago
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)