I have thought many times about buying ciem's, but dont want to be locked into a totally sealed and pressurised environment. sometimes I prefer a slightly shallower and less pressurised environment. I probably would like the fit and comfort of a ciem, but at least I have the ability to adjust, push or pull a normal iem, to get the balance and signature I want. I am unwilling to shell out good money for something that is not as versatile as a normal iem, and also, almost unsaleable. any constructive comments?
- productPhilips Fidelio S1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs that have: Decent soundstage, look good, and cost around $70? Last post on 9/4/14 at 9:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any IEMs for me? Last post on 8/30/14 at 10:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for headphones under 100 for metal music Last post on 12/11/14 at 5:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finding my perfect in ears, please help, desperate! Last post on 12/16/13 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can ask for a non-sealed custom. To explain a bit better, the faceplate comes with a hole to allow musicians to listen better the outside noise, however, it defeats the purpose of CIEMs IMHO.
Hybrids CIEMs also come with holes.
Consider Philips Fidelio S1 or S2 as a non-isolating option.
I still want a seal, just without the air pressure stuck in my ears. My normal method of fit is, push them in, get equal balance, then lift up or sideways until pressure release, then its about right.
Holding a ciem shell to the ear and pulling on your earlobes should relieve pressure and balance sound. A non musician fit has a shorter canal and for me never creates pressure when inserted, probably because unlike universal silicone tips, the ciem shell doesnt create a "seal" until the very last moment when the earpiece clicks into place. I only have to relieve pressure once in a while when in a car/bus or plane due to pressure changes based on altitude. I had unequal pressure on ciem before but was because one side was poor fit (top of shell too big pushing the earpiece outward creating a pull suction on eardrum). You should be fine aslong as you get good fit on ciems.
Then insert any custom, pull ear lope to break seal and equalize the pressure, and you're done.
- customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Need help with headphone amplifer type. 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 7 minutes ago
- › AK120 bundle with docking station and 2 leather cases 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2