I have thought many times about buying ciem's, but dont want to be locked into a totally sealed and pressurised environment. sometimes I prefer a slightly shallower and less pressurised environment. I probably would like the fit and comfort of a ciem, but at least I have the ability to adjust, push or pull a normal iem, to get the balance and signature I want. I am unwilling to shell out good money for something that is not as versatile as a normal iem, and also, almost unsaleable. any constructive comments?
- productPhilips Fidelio S1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs that have: Decent soundstage, look good, and cost around $70? Last post on 9/4/14 at 9:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any IEMs for me? Last post on 8/30/14 at 10:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for headphones under 100 for metal music Last post on 12/11/14 at 5:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Finding my perfect in ears, please help, desperate! Last post on 12/16/13 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How Important Are a Headphones' Aesthetic Appearance To You? Favorite Design? Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can ask for a non-sealed custom. To explain a bit better, the faceplate comes with a hole to allow musicians to listen better the outside noise, however, it defeats the purpose of CIEMs IMHO.
Hybrids CIEMs also come with holes.
Consider Philips Fidelio S1 or S2 as a non-isolating option.
I still want a seal, just without the air pressure stuck in my ears. My normal method of fit is, push them in, get equal balance, then lift up or sideways until pressure release, then its about right.
Holding a ciem shell to the ear and pulling on your earlobes should relieve pressure and balance sound. A non musician fit has a shorter canal and for me never creates pressure when inserted, probably because unlike universal silicone tips, the ciem shell doesnt create a "seal" until the very last moment when the earpiece clicks into place. I only have to relieve pressure once in a while when in a car/bus or plane due to pressure changes based on altitude. I had unequal pressure on ciem before but was because one side was poor fit (top of shell too big pushing the earpiece outward creating a pull suction on eardrum). You should be fine aslong as you get good fit on ciems.
Then insert any custom, pull ear lope to break seal and equalize the pressure, and you're done.
- customs, stuck with the same sealed environment
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese CIEM and UIEM manufacturers 7 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...