or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What wooden headphones should I get?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What wooden headphones should I get?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hello,



I'm thinking of purchasing some wooden headphones. This will be my first over-ear headphones. I can't afford more expensive ones than $100-$130. I was googling and I found these:



 



WoodTones Over-The-Ear Headptoyones



LSTN Wood Fillmores



 



Which wooden headphones should I buy? Are there any other made of wood at this price? I care about good quality, comfortable use and long-term durability  I'm opened to others suggestions smily_headphones1.gif.



 



Cheers!

post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekmert View Post
 

Hello,

 

I'm thinking of purchasing some wooden headphones. This will be my first over-ear headphones. I can't afford more expensive ones than $100-$130. I was googling and I found these:

 

 

 

WoodTones Over-The-Ear Headptoyones

 

LSTN Wood Fillmores

 

 

 

Which wooden headphones should I buy? Are there any other made of wood at this price? I care about good quality, comfortable use and long-term durability  I'm opened to others suggestions smily_headphones1.gif.

 

 

 

Cheers!

Neither... I would recommend you start with something like a used ESW11 or the ESW9 Audio Technica and Denon make good wooden head phones Not sure about other brands 

 

Maybe even try the Denon 2k, the might show up for around $300 and I promise you'd like them as your first woodens, and actually there is a seller selling my frst wooden headphphone the Audio Technica w1000x, for around $400... 

 

I just don't recommend you start on something cheap when it comes wooden headphones 

post #3 of 9

None of them. The sound quality, materials would be mediocre and the lifespan usually short. 

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

None of them. The sound quality, materials would be mediocre and the lifespan usually short. 

 

This, cheap materials will sound bad and won't last 

post #5 of 9
How about the Grado line of wooden headphones? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhimonk View Post

How about the Grado line of wooden headphones? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wooden Grado's are a serious investment.   If you haven't spent some serious time with any of the entry level Grado's I would recommend not jumping into a RS1-2/MS-pro.

 

It's been my experience that diminishing returns hits quite hard as you move up in the Grado line.  But don't get me wrong...I like them...my MS1's are one of only 2 dynamics I still use.

post #7 of 9
I agree in the light of price. smily_headphones1.gif

I now own a Grado 225i and looking forward to jump into the wooden ones.

On that note serious time means years of use? or when the "ears" demands an upgrade? Hehehe.

Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhimonk View Post


On that note serious time means years of use? or when the "ears" demands an upgrade? Hehehe.


 

 

When I say "serious time", I mean at least a few months to a year (or a week if you really know what you like).    Basically, I just want to impart the message that dropping a new car payment on a set of headphones should only be considered if you really think that you are getting your money's worth.

 

I have the money to get a set of Stax 007's.  Why don't I?   I simply am not that into headphone audio and spending that kind of money would be a waste for me, even though I'm 99.9% sure I would absolutely love them.

post #9 of 9
I totally agree. A good advice. I will follow it. So far, I am still happy with my present Grado. smily_headphones1.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › What wooden headphones should I get?