Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Confused beginner looking for sound advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confused beginner looking for sound advice - Page 3

post #31 of 40
Thread Starter 
They seem good except that they offer no isolation at all which makes them useless since I'll use them while travelling.
New suggestions would be appreciated!
post #32 of 40
Maybe used pair of Shure SRH-840?

Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #33 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Maybe used pair of Shure SRH-840?

Billson smily_headphones1.gif

 

Are they portable? I'm not sure!

Besides, they are selling at $170, nowhere near my budget. Btw, I need to take a decision within this week.


Edited by needforbeats - 9/29/13 at 11:03pm
post #34 of 40

helllooooooo  

i'm just going to take a moment here to..

ride off of your thread 8)

i'm in the same boat. also, OP i know where you can get some m50s for 100. go on soundprofessionals and they give you a 50 dollar discount and i think there's free shipping too -w-

apparently the m50 has poorer sound isolation though


Edited by helllooooooo - 9/29/13 at 11:47pm
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforbeats View Post
 

 

Are they portable? I'm not sure!

Besides, they are selling at $170, nowhere near my budget. Btw, I need to take a decision within this week.

 

I think you should stick with either the HD439 or UE4000. Both are good and suit your needs. To my ears, I prefer these two over ATH-M50 mostly and especially for the genre of music you listen to. If I would have to choose between the HD439 or UE4000, I will go for the HD439 for comfort where as the UE4000 for it's detailed sound :)

post #36 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helllooooooo View Post
 

helllooooooo  

i'm just going to take a moment here to..

ride off of your thread 8)

i'm in the same boat. also, OP i know where you can get some m50s for 100. go on soundprofessionals and they give you a 50 dollar discount and i think there's free shipping too -w-

apparently the m50 has poorer sound isolation though

 

Wow man! Sounds like a deal. Btw, is the sound isolation poorer than Zoro/Zoro HD?

post #37 of 40

never used those so i have no idea.

my iems recently broke so i am looking for a comfy pair of headphones to wear on the bus.

at home i usually use a pair of $5 panasonic supra-aural headphones. but hey. they're light. (just no way in hell am i going to walk around with a 5 dollar pair of headphones)
 

p.s. the ath-m50s fold up. ermagerd


Edited by helllooooooo - 9/30/13 at 12:05am
post #38 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helllooooooo View Post
 

never used those so i have no idea.

my iems recently broke so i am looking for a comfy pair of headphones to wear on the bus.

at home i usually use a pair of $5 panasonic supra-aural headphones. but hey. they're light. (just no way in hell am i going to walk around with a 5 dollar pair of headphones)
 

p.s. the ath-m50s fold up. ermagerd

Okay, I'm buying either this or Zoro HD. 
Btw, have you considered any other options?

post #39 of 40
i was thinking of getting the shure 440 or px200 ii or hd439.
post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforbeats View Post
 

Okay, I'm buying either this or Zoro HD. 
Btw, have you considered any other options?

Not a bad choice I must say if you prefer a more bassy sound of ATH-M50 :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by helllooooooo View Post

i was thinking of getting the shure 440 or px200 ii or hd439.

 

I like the HD439 best out of all but they are too different to compare thought. The HD439 has the well controlled bass with best soundstage and imaging of the three as well as Sennheiser's warmish mids. The SRH-440 sound colder in comparison but in terms of vocals, I like these better xD

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Confused beginner looking for sound advice