Originally Posted by CobraMan
Appears that in 1.2.3beta the eq is better than 1.2.2 but still not how it was in 1.2.0 to my ears. 3db is double the power and about 23% increase in loudness which I think most of us would agree is not what we are getting currently. Hopefully they can fine tune things before releasing 1.2.3beta.
As a point of reference here are some suggestions I sent to iBasso prior to 1.2.3beta but have seen no reply:
1) The eq settings do not change the sound as much as they should in the latest firmware update - what was changed from 1.1.6 and can you change it back? Switching between the predefined settings makes very little change in sound and on the custom mode moving the sliders up and down does very little to the sound. Note - improved with 1.2.3beta but still lacking.
2) Add more custom eq settings - 4 or 5 would be great so we can tailor the settings for different earphones/headphones and music types.
3) When adjusting the eq sliders allow the volume up/down buttons to move the slider up/down and the |<< and >>| buttons to move to the different frequencies. The touch screen is tricky to adjust the sliders - so adding this would be helpful.
4) Allow access to the eq settings directly from the home view when music is playing by touching the area where the eq setting is displayed.
5) It is possible to add more frequency bands to the custom eq mode? (How about a full 1/3 octave eq if you want to push the envelope!)
6) For the play modes add a single play option so only the current song plays then stops.
7) When music is playing in the home screen have an option to automatically scroll track and album titles when they are too long to fit the screen.
8) The addition of the scroll bar on the artist/album/title screen is nice but too small to easily grab and move up/down - please make the icon bigger. Note - better in 1.2.3beta.
9) When music is playing have an option to display left and right UV meters (analog like old hifi equipment) or a real time audio spectrum - this is for looks more than anything practical.
10) I am experiencing more crashes and automatic reboots with 1.2.2 - especially within the first 2 minutes of turning it on. Once it reboots a time or two it appears more stable. This did not happen with 1.1.6. Note - much better with 1.2.3beta - no crashes/lock-ups yet.
11) Still have many times when the first second or two of a song is cutoff or sounds like the music fades in. Please make it sound just like the original CD version of the music. The gapless needs some adjusting - still hear a slight pause between tracks that should have no gap.
12) Battery meter - can you show the percent remaining in 5% increments next to the icon? Icon now appears to reflect the battery status better now but know if there is 45% or 15% would be good. Note - 1.2.3beta has a new battery usage display - still would be nice to see a percentage remaining in 5% increments, etc. Heck - maybe even display current voltage % of full charge?
Definitely agree that 1.2.3beta is another step in the right direction to my likings.