Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix - Page 60

post #886 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post
 

CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?

 

After a shut down, how to turn on the unit? Press the button once? or press it for a few seconds? I tried multiple ways, but 9 out of 10 times, it just show me the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen for 3 seconds, then turn off by itself.

normally i count for 2 or 3 :) over press might result the unit to hang at the ibasso screen....haha

post #887 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post

CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?
Try deleting off your DX50, then unplugging so it can rescan. Then plug back in and copy everything over except .cue files.
That's what worked for me
post #888 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post

CUE file for APE and FLAC is not working. I have a single APE/Flac file for an entire album with a corresponding CUE file. The player can read the cue file content and shows correct tract info when moving to next track. But it will ALWAYS play the first song no matter what I do. I've even rescan the external SD card multiple times to no avail. Any idea?

After a shut down, how to turn on the unit? Press the button once? or press it for a few seconds? I tried multiple ways, but 9 out of 10 times, it just show me the "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player" screen for 3 seconds, then turn off by itself.
Miggt be a dumb question, but is your battery flat?
post #889 of 1164

This happens to me too. Try turning off the Gapless function, it looks like with this function turned on it prevents the playback of the cue file.  That seems to work for me but still has the problem of not playing the first second of every track.

post #890 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbull79 View Post
 

This happens to me too. Try turning off the Gapless function, it looks like with this function turned on it prevents the playback of the cue file.  That seems to work for me but still has the problem of not playing the first second of every track.

i've disabled gapless

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak- View Post


Miggt be a dumb question, but is your battery flat?

as flat as an airport runway, battery looks ok

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster View Post


Try deleting off your DX50, then unplugging so it can rescan. Then plug back in and copy everything over except .cue files.
That's what worked for me

if i remove cue file, means the player will always play entire album as a single track, and without track info, no? i am trying to isolate those working and not working and trying to find out what is the difference

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post
 

normally i count for 2 or 3 :) over press might result the unit to hang at the ibasso screen....haha

thanks!!! this single suggestion saved me from going insane, it definitely have higher success rate than how i am currently doing it

post #891 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post
 

i've disabled gapless

 

as flat as an airport runway, battery looks ok

 

if i remove cue file, means the player will always play entire album as a single track, and without track info, no? i am trying to isolate those working and not working and trying to find out what is the difference

 

thanks!!! this single suggestion saved me from going insane, it definitely have higher success rate than how i am currently doing it

you are most welcome....sometimes i accidentally over press the power and it lead my unit to hang as well...what you need to do is...press the power button for 7 seconds...and it will do a reset ...and then your unit shoudl come back alive....if hang again..just do the same trick ....

 

if only ibasso make the unit to have a power on led indicator...then we wouldnt need to self time the power on timing ;)

post #892 of 1164

Cue sheet is driving me nuts, might as well just declare they dont support cue sheet totally until further notice.

After factory reset and a full rescan, finally another couple album's cue sheet is working as expected. Therefore i went through other album to check if the album art is showing or the cue file is working. Plug to my pc a few times to update the album art etc etc. After a few hours, thought of finally call it a day for editing and want to enjoy my music. Dang, cue file that work a few hours ago doesnt work now, not even after a factory reset and a full scanning. It is this kind of instability, not knowing exactly how it is broken that is driving me nuts.

post #893 of 1164
My life is simple. I play files from folders.
post #894 of 1164
Thread Starter 

lol.

post #895 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by pOOB73 View Post

My life is simple. I play files from folders.


me too, just that almost all my collection are a single APE/FLAC for entire album, that is the root cause

is there any particular reason Mediaval Cue Splitter is named "mediaval"??? is the author trying to imply something?

post #896 of 1164

The only two bug that is left in iBasso DX50:

 

1 - has been introduced with the newest firmware - albums with several cd-s on them are not properly ordered - 1 track (cd1), 1 track (cd2), 2 track (cd1), 2 track (cd2). This only happens in album mode, not in artist -->album which is a bit weird...

 

2 - has been there ever since I got mine - if you play some album, turn the screen on and go to the next track and soon after try to fast forward this track with touch progress bar/line thingy, it may sometimes not fast forward, the progress line will be in the position you want it to be, but the elapsed time indicator will be something like 00:01 and the sound will not fast forward. now if you tap it again on the line, it will do it. somehow, happens only with 16/44.1 kHz stuff. high res files seem to be immune with this :/

post #897 of 1164
Has anyone else found that the DX50 cuts off the last 3 seconds or so of every track, regardless of whether gapless is switched on or off? This makes listening to operas very difficult (at present, the only solution is to convert the whole opera into a single track, or to accept constant "skips", much like a badly scratched LP!).

When I said I wanted "analog" sound, this isn't what I meant! biggrin.gif
post #898 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG888 View Post

Has anyone else found that the DX50 cuts off the last 3 seconds or so of every track, regardless of whether gapless is switched on or off? This makes listening to operas very difficult (at present, the only solution is to convert the whole opera into a single track, or to accept constant "skips", much like a badly scratched LP!).

 

I hope iBasso is able to fix this problem; for me, it's a critical issue.

 

~Brian


Edited by bcarr112281 - 10/28/13 at 7:49pm
post #899 of 1164

I got through scanning through my micro SD content for the first time successfully. However it took a really long time and there is no indication whether the DX50 is hung or still scanning. I wonder whether the scanning media screen could be updated with a counter of how many files have been scanned so far.

 

Cheers

 

    Thomas

post #900 of 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post
 

if i remove cue file, means the player will always play entire album as a single track, and without track info, no? i am trying to isolate those working and not working and trying to find out what is the difference

 

That wasn't the case with me. I usually keep all my .cue files in a different folder on my computer anyway but some .cue's were still mixed with the albums. So i took the time to move those over and copied all my music but not the folder holding all the cue's and its working perfectly. Artwork, metadata, the whole shibang. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix