Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix - Page 32

post #466 of 1155

Ok, since i was able to fluke out and get FW 1.16 installed most of what I wanted fix seems to be resolved. For whatever reason my player seems to be able to scan with no problems and I've yet to experience any kind of freezing. I just finished popping in a full 64GB card and all my music was scanned by the player within a few minutes. All the files I'm using are ALAC and and so far abything I hit is displaying album art. Also, my tage and the tracks I'm using seem to be in order and when I go into the album list app at first glance all my albums seem to be displayed.

 

The only problem I'm having, which is really pissing me off right now, is no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get my player up update

 

@Soren

What you suggested was the first thing I tried and the DX50 isn't even displayed in the disk management service. All my other drives are but no DX50

 

@tak

I decided to try your SD card update method by downgrading my FW from 1.16 to 1.15. I got to the proper screen as you instructed and chose update from SDcard. The screen then gives me the following message "cannot found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted" I then tried installing the 1.16 update onto my player which already has 1.16 installed and got the same message.

Could you please try and reinstall your 1.16 FW update and see if your DX gives you the same message. I'm guessing or rather hoping the DX50 FW update utility won't let a user downgrade his firmware or install the FW if the same FW is already installed.

 

I put this player, sonically, through it's paces today with a full card and liked what I heard on my UERM's. I'd rather not send my player back for a replacement if I can help it considering it hasn't displayed any of the other bugs people have been complaining about. Heck, all iBasso needs to do now is add playlists and I'd be perfectly happy.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/19/13 at 9:08pm
post #467 of 1155

Check your PM's DigtalFreak.

post #468 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

Check your PM's DigtalFreak.

Already did oh Mad Max road warrior from down under

:wink_face:

post #469 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

RAWR RAWR RAWR ANGRY DIGITAL FREAK RAWR RAWR RAWR

 

@Soren

What you suggested was the first thing I tried and the DX50 isn't even displayed in the disk management service. All my other drives are but no DX50

 

Alright, try running this program: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/usbview.exe

 

It'll tell you exactly what is and what isn't connected via USB. See if your computer even properly connects with the DX50. (Shows up as Rockchip sumthin sumthin)

post #470 of 1155

Don't mean to rain on the parade too much. (as I really like the player)

Had the unpredictable crazy volume again, however this time (for the first time) it went down in volume instead of up, I have heard back from iBasso regarding this and they said they're going to try and fix this next week as they're on  Mid autumn festival holiday.

 Still...if it happens to you, send them an email please.......

post #471 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

My dumb questions of the day due to no manual:

 

1) Red Triangle with !:  I have not heard anyone talk about this icon before that is coming up during my start up attempts. Is this a low power warning or an error warning icon? My DX50 is refusing to start even though my power bar was still showing half full. I am assuming it is a power warning because I have been running it for about 10 hours so my power bar may be displaying incorrectly.

2) Charge Time: How long does it take to charge the DX50 from zero to full?

3) Charging Indicator: How do you know if the DX50 is completely charged? Does something light up or does it display this in the start up screen? Do you have to keep checking or is there a progress indicator?

4) Charge Percentage: Most of my mobile electronics provide a percentage charge remaining which can sometimes be buried in system information if not in the display. Is there such a feature hidden in the system info or an option to turn it on for the screen?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

1) Never had the problem, so can't help there

2) About 2-3 hours, if memory serves, but it could be somewhat longer (it definitely takes longer than smartphones, iPods, etc.)
3) When you connect the DX50 to a power source, after a little bit a big circle comes on the screen, painting a green round image and saying "charging"... when it's charged, the circle does not move and says "charged" :smile: (edit: and you can check by simply pushing on the power button: the start up screen will say either "charging" with a moving image, or "charged" with a fixed image)
4) Nope, no way right now that I know of... let's hope it gets added some time down then road (I think that's what happened with the DX100 too - first FWs did not have that, later ones did)
 
Hope that helps,
 
Guido

Edited by geagle - 9/19/13 at 11:51pm
post #472 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

My dumb questions of the day due to no manual:

 

1) Red Triangle with !:  I have not heard anyone talk about this icon before that is coming up during my start up attempts. Is this a low power warning or an error warning icon? My DX50 is refusing to start even though my power bar was still showing half full. I am assuming it is a power warning because I have been running it for about 10 hours so my power bar may be displaying incorrectly.

2) Charge Time: How long does it take to charge the DX50 from zero to full?

3) Charging Indicator: How do you know if the DX50 is completely charged? Does something light up or does it display this in the start up screen? Do you have to keep checking or is there a progress indicator?

4) Charge Percentage: Most of my mobile electronics provide a percentage charge remaining which can sometimes be buried in system information if not in the display. Is there such a feature hidden in the system info or an option to turn it on for the screen?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

1) Never had the problem, so can't help there

2) About 2-3 hours, if memory serves, but it could be somewhat longer (it definitely takes longer than smartphones, iPods, etc.)
3) When you connect the DX50 to a power source, after a little bit a big circle comes on the screen, painting a green round image and saying "charging"... when it's charged, the circle does not move and says "charged" :smile: (edit: and you can check by simply pushing on the power button: the start up screen will say either "charging" with a moving image, or "charged" with a fixed image)
4) Nope, no way right now that I know of... let's hope it gets added some time down then road (I think that's what happened with the DX100 too - first FWs did not have that, later ones did)
 
Hope that helps,
 
Guido

 

Thank you very much, that was a great help. I did find the green charging circle, but it was still saying that it was charging after 4 hours. After disconnecting it, the charge indicator was still showing the half charged level. Hopefully, that is moving. I will have to try charging overnight and see what happens.

post #473 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

@tak
I decided to try your SD card update method by downgrading my FW from 1.16 to 1.15. I got to the proper screen as you instructed and chose update from SDcard. The screen then gives me the following message "cannot found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted" I then tried installing the 1.16 update onto my player which already has 1.16 installed and got the same message.
Could you please try and reinstall your 1.16 FW update and see if your DX gives you the same message. I'm guessing or rather hoping the DX50 FW update utility won't let a user downgrade his firmware or install the FW if the same FW is already installed.

I actually installed 1.16 over my existing 1.16 because i wanted to take photos of the screens. Installed ok. Posting photos from my phone doesn't seem to work so I'll type out what is shown.

==Update rkimage...
Finding update package...
===UPDATE RKIMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
!!! Make sure the battery isn't
low before updating !!!
Check parameter...
Update boot.img...
Check boot.img...
Update system...
Check system...
Update backup...
Check backup...
Update recovery.img...
Check recovery.img...
handle script error! ignore...
copy Boot loader...
Installation complete.
Formatting /data...
Formatting /something, didn't catch this part
Rebooting...

The handle script error happened only during the reinstallation. My update. img was located in the most basic level. Card was formatted by android when inserted, and came with typical folders and files you would find in a phone memory card. No problems during installation.

I had installation problems originally when my file was extracted into the download folder. Try to extract a new copy and see if it helps. If the installation still fails, download the zip file again to narrow down the cause of update failure.
Edited by tak- - 9/20/13 at 12:20am
post #474 of 1155

Hi all ! :)

 

To my mind the DX50 is at this time the best DAP ever : form factor, fw ergonomics ...

 

BUT :D it lacks just one option, which is on RockBox, that is the Auto-change directory especially in the directory system. Some people will say that I could do playlist or use tag informations, but it is not as usefull as the auto-change directory option :frown:

post #475 of 1155

Some updates for next firmware:

 

1. when viewing music files in any other way than via "Directory," the file's name is limited to the width of the screen and this (In my case) often hides the text that indicates the name of the track

"07 Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herron Band - Deepest Red.m4a" appears as "07 Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herron B" About 30% of my library has filenames that are too long to fit within the width of the screen.

2. a "Home" button to take you to the "My Music" screen from wherever/whatever sub-directory you're in will speed up music browsing greatly.

3. basic file operations such as 'Rename,' 'Copy,' 'Paste' & 'Delete' when selecting and holding down on a file or folder would make things great...

Regards,

Jeremy

post #476 of 1155

For me problem of correct ordering for most of my FLAC music files are killing all the benefits of DX50, so I put my DX50 into the drawer and until iBasso fix this issue I probably won't use my DX50...

 

Also about hiss in DX50... on my UM Merlin there is a hiss, not critical, but easy hearable, it's volume is about the same that I have with this CIEM's on DX100 with MID Gain on... BTW the hiss almost not changing with change of Gain on DX50 and little changes that happens is kinda strange - higher Gain -> lower hiss volume, on DX100 it's completely opposite (and also significantly more pronounced) - higher Gain -> higher hiss volume...


Edited by DragonOwen - 9/20/13 at 3:23am
post #477 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOwen View Post

For me problem of correct ordering for most of my FLAC music files are killing all the benefits of DX50, so I put my DX50 into the drawer and until iBasso fix this issue I probably won't use my DX50...

Also about hiss in DX50... on my UM Merlin there is a hiss, not critical, but easy hearable, it's volume is about the same that I have with this CIEM's on DX100 with MID Gain on... BTW the hiss almost not changing with change of Gain on DX50 and little changes that happens is kinda strange - higher Gain -> lower hiss volume, on DX100 it's completely opposite (and also significantly more pronounced) - higher Gain -> lower hiss volume...

It's been observed and the hiss level is inversely proportional to the gain level.

I get rid of the hiss by adding an amp to the player, it increases the input impedance and eliminates it.
post #478 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

It's been observed and the hiss level is inversely proportional to the gain level.

I get rid of the hiss by adding an amp to the player, it increases the input impedance and eliminates it.

There was a mistake in my previous post, I've now corrected it... it's just strange for me that on the same CIEM's the loudest hiss on DX100 is on Hi Gain, but on DX50 the loudest hiss is on Lo Gain...

post #479 of 1155
My DX50 just hangs on a black screen when I turn it on. Any suggestions?
post #480 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

My DX50 just hangs on a black screen when I turn it on. Any suggestions?

 

First try: Turn if off by holding down power or doing a battery pull. Then turn it back on again.
 

Second try: Turn it off, then turn it on by holding Power + Volume up. This will take you to the recovery menu, where you can select "Factory reset/Wipe user data. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix