Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix - Page 28

post #406 of 1155

Is music still (un)organized by  Artist->all songs regardless of album?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #407 of 1155

I just installed the v.1.1.6 firmware, and it appears that the apostrophe problem is unchanged from the previous firmware version. 

 

Mine will play tracks with an apostrophe in the filename, but only one track at a time.  It it will not play the next track in sequence.  It just stops at the end of each track if there's an apostrophe in the artist name or title. 

 

If I try to press the forward/back buttons, it just plays the same track over and over.  The only way to play the next track is to navigate back to the folder view, choose another track from the lsit, and press play again. 

 

Also, in Directory view, it still automatically goes back to the top of the list if you navigate back out of one of the folders.  It's driving me insane.  This has to be the simplest thing to fix in the firmware too.  :(


Edited by jj69 - 9/18/13 at 4:43pm
post #408 of 1155

Can anyone direct me to why the player might shutdown after being 2 seconds in on a song? The only way I can turn it on after this occurs is by holding the power button for 7-10 seconds.

post #409 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rubberduckys View Post

Is music still (un)organized by  Artist->all songs regardless of album?
It appears to list tracks in Artist/Album/Track order, but doesn't list the Album name. Because my folder structure is //Artist/Album/Track, I've not got a need for Artist/Album. And I tend to start most listening sessions from the Album first anyway.
post #410 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post

Can anyone direct me to why the player might shutdown after being 2 seconds in on a song? The only way I can turn it on after this occurs is by holding the power button for 7-10 seconds.
I suggest you puul the battery for 30 seconds or so then do a factory reset to restart the firmware. When I get a bug in the OS of any of my Android devices, it seems to persist until the software has been reset.
post #411 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfe8851 View Post

I suggest you puul the battery for 30 seconds or so then do a factory reset to restart the firmware. When I get a bug in the OS of any of my Android devices, it seems to persist until the software has been reset.

 

Sure, thanks, I'll give that a try. It so far only happens on one album right now.

 

Btw, how do I factory reset?

post #412 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post
 

 

Sure, thanks, I'll give that a try. It so far only happens on one album right now.

 

Btw, how do I factory reset?

 

its located under 'settings/system info' from what i recall.

post #413 of 1155

Ok guys not to sure if this is a bug or a defective unit. Lets see if anyone else has encountered this yet. I just tried to do a FW update from 1.00 to 1.16 and I can't. All I get is the Windows 7 chime repeatedly going off as if the player is being plugged and unplugged repeatedly and messages from Windows such as device software not recognized to one of my USB devices is defective. At first I thought maybe it might have been a bad cable so I swapped to another USB cable. No avail, I got the exact same thing. I then tried a couple of factory restores and again no DX50 FW update love. Next I moved to my moms desktop computer thinking maybe it was just my laptop didn't like my DX50. I plugged in the DX50 and the exact same messages occurred as on my laptop. Feeling desperate I then did a battery pull followed by a system reset and tried one final time and again got no DX50 love. I left the player plugged in to charge overnight and  tried again just now once my battery was fully charged, no luck, exact same thing happens. I've also tried different USB ports and I've made absolutely sure my DX50 was turned on when I tried plugging it into my laptop. So anyone encounter this problem before. I sent an email to iBasso but haven't gotten a response yet. You guys think it might be a defective unit or a bug?

 

PS

I just plugged a 8 GB flash thumb drive to my DX50 using a OCG cable and it works flawlessly. Weird?


Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/18/13 at 8:12pm
post #414 of 1155

For those having problems with the firmware update, two things come to mind:

 

(1) Your firmware may be corrupted.  Some people have reported problems when downloading from the iBasso site (the connection is slow and unreliable). Try downlading one of the mirrors posted earlier in this thread. 

 

(2) After you copy the "update" file onto your DX50, be sure to EJECT AND UNPLUG the DX50 from your computer.  Although the iBasso instructions state that the DX50 should remain plugged in during the update process, it has been suggested by members here that you should remove it before running the update.  I have done so both times I updated my firmware and I've had no problems.  My guess is that iBasso suggests leaving it connected to be sure the DX50 doesn't lose power during the update process.  As long as you battery isn't low, it will be fine. 

 

 

post #415 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Ok guys not to sure if this is a bug or a defective unit. Lets see if anyone else has encountered this yet. I just tried to do a FW update from 1.00 to 1.16 and I can't. All I get is the Windows 7 chime repeatedly going off as if the player is being plugged and unplugged repeatedly and messages from Windows such as device software not recognized to one of my USB devices is defective. At first I thought maybe it might have been a bad cable so I swapped to another USB cable. No avail, I got the exact same thing. I then tried a couple of factory restores and again no DX50 FW update love. Next I moved to my moms desktop computer thinking maybe it was just my laptop didn't like my DX50. I plugged in the DX50 and the exact same messages occurred as on my laptop. Feeling desperate I then did a battery pull followed by a system reset and tried one final time and again got no DX50 love. I left the player plugged in to charge overnight and  tried again just now once my battery was fully charged, no luck, exact same thing happens. I've also tried different USB ports and I've made absolutely sure my DX50 was turned on when I tried plugging it into my laptop. So anyone encounter this problem before. I sent an email to iBasso but haven't gotten a response yet. You guys think it might be a defective unit or a bug?

 

hmm... 1st question... are u able to use the dx50 at all to play music? Maybe u could try plugging in the usb cable to any of usb ports that's located at the back of the desktop? Also try to turn off 'auto shutdown' or fix the timing to 30 mins (just in case).

post #416 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarel View Post
 

 

hmm... 1st question... are u able to use the dx50 at all to play music? Maybe u could try plugging in the usb cable to any of usb ports that's located at the back of the desktop? Also try to turn off 'auto shutdown' or fix the timing to 30 mins (just in case).

I've tried various ports front and back and my auto shutdown is set to 30 mins. The player plays fine and the music sounds great. Until I tried updating this afternoon I thought I had a great player on my hands.

post #417 of 1155

There is a slight lag when pressing the 3 physical buttons....

post #418 of 1155
Yup, mine has a 0.5 second delay too. It registers the command, just delayed somewhere in the chain towards execution.
post #419 of 1155

If you are having trouble connecting to your computer or problems installing the update, it can be installed by by copying the file to an SD card and booting to recovery.

Copy the update to a blank (or you may be able to copy it to your regular SD card) and insert it into the SD slot.

Boot into recovery by holding down the start and volume buttons together until the Ibasso start screen appears.

Release the buttons.

The screen will go black for a second and the recovery screen will appear.

You will be given 3 options: Reboot, install update from SD and Restore to factory (I don't remember the exact wording but you get the idea).

Navigate to install from SD using the volume up/down buttons.

Use the power button to select.

The update should start installing.

 

Hope this helps.

post #420 of 1155
Had 2 volume-crazy bugs until now.
Can't remember the exact step, but the volume drop to 0 gradually.
Pressing the button did not bring the circle volume screen, but with a white "countdown" (lol) number on the playing now screen.

Is iBasso reading this thread or I have to write them?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix