Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix - Page 73

post #1081 of 1155

So that ^^ was the bug and the following is the wish:

 

If you (iBasso) could display what number out of selected playlist (be it album, folder, or playlist) is playing (e.g. I pick a 43 track playlist on the display would be "16 of 43" or something to that effect).

 

And if you could make the "Return" button just a wee bit bigger.

 

That is all

 

Thank you

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1082 of 1155

MrLazyAnt :D

 

I think you got a lot of thread reading to do in the DX50 Thread, this subject got stretched beyond capacity. I am sure you should be able to find a remedy to your situation and if you can't the best advice is to send an email to iBasso support for issues or even suggestions, they are pretty good to provide you with a quick one or two phrase response.

 

Here is the link to the first page:

 

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0
started on 08/31/13 last post 07/23/14 at 7:18pm 14406 replies 1208763 views

 

In any events, good luck with the DX50, it is a wonderful sounding player.

post #1083 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

MrLazyAnt :D

 

I think you got a lot of thread reading to do in the DX50 Thread, this subject got stretched beyond capacity

 

...

In any events, good luck with the DX50, it is a wonderful sounding player.

 

I did a search for the word "scan" within this thread, couldn't find anything pertinent to the exact fault I am experiencing.

 

Thanks for the link, will check

 

It is indeed a wonderful sounding DAP. I even prefer it's pairing with my main 'phones to the ODAC+cMoyBB, or ODAC straight to Marantz amp for my speakers although I have to tame the trebles a little for that.

 

Thanks again =)

post #1084 of 1155

I do not know if it is a known issue, but my DX50 cannot play (respectively recognize) 24 bit / 48 kHz ALAC-files properly. For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

 

For another thing, the player does not even recognize them as 24/48 ALACs but as 32 bit and 48 kHz …

 

Did anyone else notice something similar?

post #1085 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by highning View Post
 

I do not know if it is a known issue, but my DX50 cannot play (respectively recognize) 24 bit / 48 kHz ALAC-files properly. For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

 

For another thing, the player does not even recognize them as 24/48 ALACs but as 32 bit and 48 kHz …

 

Did anyone else notice something similar?


yeah, I've noticed the same. everyone for that matter noticed the same :D

post #1086 of 1155

There is a bug that I've been aware of for some time, but it has started to bother me more now: it concerns .cue play with whole albums: when playing all music in a random shuffle, when the shuffle hits a song included in an album with a .cue file, the display shows the correct song, but what actually plays is the first song of the album, and not the one shown, and the progress indicator does not move. If you manually move the progress indicator by touching the screen, the right song (the one displayed) plays, and if one then hits the backward button, it will start from the beginning (which is the "fix" I've been using). This happens with both .flac and .ape whole albums.

 

I've already emailed iBasso about this, let's see if they will fix it in one of the future FWs (and let's hope that the FW will not sound worse than 1.2.8 :smile:).

post #1087 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by highning View Post
 

For one thing, all my 16/44,1 ALACs are presented with the cover, which is not the case with the 24/48 ALACs.

 

I used the free app Tagr for Mac and loaded the cover into the .m4a files again—and now at least the cover is shown correctly!

 

I also noticed that apparently the DX50 does not recognize pictures with a CMYK color space—so I converted them into sRGB.

 

 

 

Edit: You have to connect the DX50, delete the tracks, disconnect it and let it scan the music again and finally connect it once more and retransfer the files in question. Otherwise the DX50 would't recognize the changes.


Edited by highning - 2/9/14 at 8:45am
post #1088 of 1155

what do you mean by "cover"?  The album art?  I haven't had any problems with any type of ALAC and album art when simply copying the artist folders from the iTunes library. 

Scott

post #1089 of 1155

 

 


Edited by gatucho - 2/17/14 at 8:22pm
post #1090 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by geagle View Post
 

There is a bug that I've been aware of for some time, but it has started to bother me more now: it concerns .cue play with whole albums: when playing all music in a random shuffle, when the shuffle hits a song included in an album with a .cue file, the display shows the correct song, but what actually plays is the first song of the album, and not the one shown, and the progress indicator does not move. If you manually move the progress indicator by touching the screen, the right song (the one displayed) plays, and if one then hits the backward button, it will start from the beginning (which is the "fix" I've been using). This happens with both .flac and .ape whole albums.

 

I've already emailed iBasso about this, let's see if they will fix it in one of the future FWs (and let's hope that the FW will not sound worse than 1.2.8 :smile:).

 

Also you can't play a .cue album from a different song than 1st.

post #1091 of 1155
Reasonable Requests (Click to show)
 

I would love it if the "back" and "home/now playing" buttons were just a wee bit bigger, as well as the scroll bar down the side. I'm skinny and I find them too small. I can only imagine how hard to use it might be for overweight people.

 

That and having an "All music" when you go into an artists data, and not being limited to any certain album. (eg, I navigate into "Shpongle" I am led to a list of albums. I would like to be able to lump them all together).

 

A "search" function would be amazing.

 

 

Outrageous Requests (Click to show)
When in the "Now Playing" screen if you could link up directly to the Artist or Album playing by clicking on the name of the Album/Artist/Cover art, maybe with the option to turn that style of navigation off for those who don't want it.
 
If it something which is likely to assist in battery life, then have the option to take away any visual embellishments of the "Now Playing" screen and/or Menu. Possibly a choice between 2-3 skins. (Original, Simple, and Dead Simple).
 
If the navigation were to stay the same as it was before it was turned off (i.e. If I was in the artists registry, inside "Kurbeats" inside "Folktronica", then turning the DAP back on would return me to where I was).
 
The ability to alter tags would be incredible

Now that I've made my complaints, I really like that when in the "All Music" directory, you can choose if it is Alphabetical, By artist, by album, or by date added. That is a great touch, so thank you iBasso for that.

post #1092 of 1155

nice! hadn't even noticed that new option

post #1093 of 1155

i just received my dx50. 

excited as a pig in poo, i inserted the micro sd card and turned on the unit. 

i expected the unit to start scanning the micro sd card as soon as it was powered on but nothing was happening. 

 

when i went to my music -> directory -> and chose SD card.  then the unit just freezes.  i turned off the unit, and tried again but the same thing happened. 

 

can anyone tell me what needs to be done for the unit to start scanning the micro sd card? 

 

fyi,

1. when i check the system info, it does recognize the micro sd card and even shows how much space is taken and empty. 

2. i transferred the music (flac & mp3) to micro sd card on my computer at home before i came to work where i received the unit. 

 

any advice and/or suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

post #1094 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjumper78 View Post
 

i just received my dx50. 

excited as a pig in poo, i inserted the micro sd card and turned on the unit. 

i expected the unit to start scanning the micro sd card as soon as it was powered on but nothing was happening. 

 

when i went to my music -> directory -> and chose SD card.  then the unit just freezes.  i turned off the unit, and tried again but the same thing happened. 

 

can anyone tell me what needs to be done for the unit to start scanning the micro sd card? 

 

fyi,

1. when i check the system info, it does recognize the micro sd card and even shows how much space is taken and empty. 

2. i transferred the music (flac & mp3) to micro sd card on my computer at home before i came to work where i received the unit. 

 

any advice and/or suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

Not sure if this will help but try inserting the SD card after turning it on. It should prompt you to scan or not.

post #1095 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjumper78 View Post
 

i just received my dx50. 

excited as a pig in poo, i inserted the micro sd card and turned on the unit. 

i expected the unit to start scanning the micro sd card as soon as it was powered on but nothing was happening. 

 

when i went to my music -> directory -> and chose SD card.  then the unit just freezes.  i turned off the unit, and tried again but the same thing happened. 

 

can anyone tell me what needs to be done for the unit to start scanning the micro sd card? 

 

fyi,

1. when i check the system info, it does recognize the micro sd card and even shows how much space is taken and empty. 

2. i transferred the music (flac & mp3) to micro sd card on my computer at home before i came to work where i received the unit. 

 

any advice and/or suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

You should reboot it : go to "advanced" etc : reboot (without the sd card)


Edited by whoever - 2/28/14 at 7:56am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix