I thought I read that the sound was changed as well, are you quoting Sony information, have heard the new model and done an A/B test, or are giving your expectation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Get MDR-1R mk2 or wait for NAD VISO HP50? Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mdr 1abt? Last post on 5/18/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Sony MDR-1R series MK2 - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hope it sounds a little more controlled than the we 1r , it's a great portable but with some tracks it loses focus and can sound a little boxy to me.
Subbed, definitely interested about the MDR-1RMK2, hope the difference is more than just an extra cable. If so, I`d definitely consider buying these as I`m looking to buy some cans soon.
If anyone finds out anything about the 1rMk2, don`t be shy to post here or PM me.
Edited by DubRapAndTrap - 11/7/13 at 2:55pm
I wouldn't be surprised if all they decided to do was to fix the wobbly cable issue. We have a solution for that here (bluetak) provided by another forum member (Ra97oR I think) which works. Although it would be nice to not have that issue in the first place.
- Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Little-Dot MKIVse 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 9 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 12 minutes ago
- › Momentum 2.0 over ear & DT1350(facelift version) AUS 13 minutes ago
- › Amp scaling with Hifiman he-400i and other planar magnetic headphones 13 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2