Hi, I'm looking to buy a new headset/heaphones. I'm thinking of getting sennheiser HD598. I'm using a razer megalodon at the moment and love the perfect surround sound pinpointing ability that it gives me. How would i go around getting the same surround sound on the HD598s?. If there are better suggestions than the HD598s then please let me know. I'm looking for something with almost no bass. Thanks for your time.
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productCreative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Cardtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- LOl at these guys Last post on 1/11/14 at 12:28pm in Computer Audio
- Computer Audio Setup - Opinions? Last post on 9/26/13 at 7:32pm in Computer Audio
- Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 ohm) for Gaming and Music Last post on 9/6/12 at 7:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for upgrade Last post on 6/25/12 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Multipurpose under 200$ Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Looking to buy a new headset/heaphones for games and music.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I second his opinion!
what's the difference between the Xonar DG and the Xonar Essence STX?. Will these sound cards give me the surround sound that i'm asking for?. How's the bass in these headphones? if it's too high for my liking will i be able to lower it somehow?
The STX has a better DAC, more powerful headphone amplifier, replaceable op-amps, does 7.1 headphone surround sound, S/PDIF (optical & coaxial),
The HD598 is a lighter bass headphone.
- Looking to buy a new headset/heaphones for games and music.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 23 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 55 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Good 6.5" speakers for my car? 1 minute ago
- › Experience with nocturnal audio cables? 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend a DAP for sub $500 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones. AKG Y50? V-Moda M-80? Or the Sennheiser... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an IEM?... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)