Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Please help me decide!

All of the above fit in my budget,I have read alot of reviews about them,but still can't decide which one is the best.

Looking for the highest SQ possible,detailed and neutral sounding.

Thanks!

post #2 of 8

Heya,

 

If you've read the reviews and then want the most "neutral" sounding, then I'm afraid you must have read some very flacid and poor reviews, or maybe you didn't think about this before you posted. Not to be rude, but the DT990 is a bassy headphone. Far from neutral.

 

Also, it matters what you're plugging these into. You need to tell us that. It makes a difference if you can even drive the headphones you're talking about.

 

Also it matters whether you want isolation (closed back) or if you're ok with open air (open back).

 

Maybe give a total budget, because there's a lot more options than this.

 

Without knowing anything, here's some more suggestions:

 

Hifiman HE-300

Hifiman HE-400

Beyer DT880

Sennheiser HD600

Sony MA900

AudioTechnica AD900X

AKG K702/Q701

 

AKG K550

Mr Speakers Mad Dogs

AudioTechnica A900X

SoungMAGIC HP100

 

Very best,

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hi thanks,the only reason i included the DT990 is that some claim it's better than the DT880,so it got me confused.

So,i edited the thread...and i'm left with The AKG K550,Beyer DT880 or DT1350.

Which one of the these three is the best?i have a low budget so i don't have many options.


Edited by pearljam50000 - 9/5/13 at 1:54pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post
 

Hi thanks,the only reason i included the DT990 is that some claim it's better than the DT880,so it got me confused.

So,i edited the thread...and i'm left with The AKG K550,Beyer DT880 or DT1350.

Which one of the these three is the best?i have a low budget so i don't have many options.

 

You're still comparing a pear, to an orange, to an apple.

You've still provided no budget to help guide this.

 

So I'll make it simple if these are the only three in existence that you can consider:

 

K550 - Closed back, over ear.

DT880 - Open back, over ear.

DT1350 - Closed back, on ear.

 

Those simple difference are easily the fastest way to decide what headphone would work for you, again, assuming these three are the only three on the planet that you can possibly get.

 

Good luck with your choice.

 

Very best,

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 

Thanks.

I understand what you are saying that they are of different types.

But i'm looking for the highest SQ possible,as close to the Sennheiser HD800 sound as possible.

Since i can't audition any of them it's impossible to me to decide which are most detailed and neutral.

post #6 of 8

The closest in character to the HD800 would be the K550.  They have a similar neutrality, and are surprisingly airy for closed back 'phone.  They have a tad more impact than an unamped HD800, but like the HD800 do not have a prominent bass.

 

The DT1350 are not as neutral, but fun, so definitely audition them, as are the DT880, but I find the musical interpretation of the k550 is also the closest tot he HD800.

 

Lots of people seems to find the HD800 sterile, but if you find them neutrality revealing and them musically revealing, then the K550 would be a great choice.  Personally I find the overly coloured 'phones crush the musical message.


Edited by jagwap - 9/5/13 at 8:55pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post
 

Thanks.

I understand what you are saying that they are of different types.

But i'm looking for the highest SQ possible,as close to the Sennheiser HD800 sound as possible.

Since i can't audition any of them it's impossible to me to decide which are most detailed and neutral.

We need to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

We need to know what source(s) your going to be plugging the headphones into?

 

Well i'm think i'll be getting a cheap Fiio DAC,a budget rig(:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880