hear me out, i have no experience with high end headphones this is gonna be my first pair, i only listen to hip hop, rap, a little rock , oldies & reggae im NOT a " basshead " im looking for a headphone that has superb clarity with good bass but not over powering bass! bass that would compliment hiphop/rap songs..also im looking for a "3D type sound " i dont know how to explain that sorry .! from my understanding "dr dre beats" are crap, soo i was wondering which of these two headphones will be better for my music taste Sennheiser Momentum OR V - Moda Crossfade M 100 ? also which of those two is an over all better headphone.? comparing both headphones bass,clarity, mid range ect..! and do i need to break them in or not.?? my budget is up to 400$ if none of these are right for me than i would appreciate it if you would recommend the best pair for me.! thanks sorry for the knowledge im depending on you guys to guide me to the right pair for me.! thanks again.!
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 9/4/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 9/25/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Sennheiser Momentum In ear Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Are The Sennheiser Momentum's Good For Hip/hop, Rap, Dubstep Ect..?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
3D type sound = wide sound stage, and the M-100 beats the Momentum on this. Technically the M-100 has more bass and sub-bass, but since it is more diffused, you don't feel it as much as the Momentum. I think the M-100 will be best for you in this regard.
Hmm hard to describe.
I use this term to describe all sort of rap genres which are also played in clubs.
Maybe some other guy can help me out, I'm not used to this music, I'm more of a EDM, soul, soundtrack, orchestra fan lol
V-shaped profile better fitting fast moving music like EDMs and pop I guess.
- Are The Sennheiser Momentum's Good For Hip/hop, Rap, Dubstep Ect..?
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 9 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 56 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about XB700s 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)