hear me out, i have no experience with high end headphones this is gonna be my first pair, i only listen to hip hop, rap, a little rock , oldies & reggae im NOT a " basshead " im looking for a headphone that has superb clarity with good bass but not over powering bass! bass that would compliment hiphop/rap songs..also im looking for a "3D type sound " i dont know how to explain that sorry .! from my understanding "dr dre beats" are crap, soo i was wondering which of these two headphones will be better for my music taste Sennheiser Momentum OR V - Moda Crossfade M 100 ? also which of those two is an over all better headphone.? comparing both headphones bass,clarity, mid range ect..! and do i need to break them in or not.?? my budget is up to 400$ if none of these are right for me than i would appreciate it if you would recommend the best pair for me.! thanks sorry for the knowledge im depending on you guys to guide me to the right pair for me.! thanks again.!
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 9/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- How does the creative aurvana live rank these days, still good? Last post on 12/6/13 at 3:35pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is there diminishing return when it comes to headphone quality? Last post on 12/7/13 at 5:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- p5 v p7 v mdr1 v vmoda 100 v m50 v momentum. Which one? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable, good looking headphone, good clarity and imaging with non muddy bass. £150-200 Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Momentum Case question Last post on 12/5/13 at 12:06am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Are The Sennheiser Momentum's Good For Hip/hop, Rap, Dubstep Ect..?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 119/4/13 at 8:25pm
3D type sound = wide sound stage, and the M-100 beats the Momentum on this. Technically the M-100 has more bass and sub-bass, but since it is more diffused, you don't feel it as much as the Momentum. I think the M-100 will be best for you in this regard.post #3 of 119/4/13 at 9:48pmThread Starterpost #4 of 119/5/13 at 7:24ampost #5 of 119/5/13 at 7:32ampost #6 of 119/5/13 at 7:37am
Hmm hard to describe.
I use this term to describe all sort of rap genres which are also played in clubs.
Maybe some other guy can help me out, I'm not used to this music, I'm more of a EDM, soul, soundtrack, orchestra fan lolpost #7 of 119/5/13 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #8 of 119/5/13 at 10:25amQuote:
V-shaped profile better fitting fast moving music like EDMs and pop I guess.post #9 of 119/5/13 at 11:33amThread Starterpost #10 of 119/5/13 at 11:39am
- Are The Sennheiser Momentum's Good For Hip/hop, Rap, Dubstep Ect..?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 seconds ago
- › SELL CVV GOOD 100%/Bank login/Dumps-track/Transfer WU/Paypal <== 51 seconds ago
- › SELL CVV GOOD 100%/Bank login/Dumps-track/Transfer WU/Paypal <== 1 minute ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S 4 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi