Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser momentum vs B&O H6
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser momentum vs B&O H6

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Where do you stand between these two excellent portable headphones ? Because I use a cowon Z2 and listening a lot of diversity of different music such as Electronic, Classical, Alternative. I've read that I need something more powerful or use an amp to use a H6... Is that right ? Thank you for your help !

post #2 of 6

Hi

 

I am no expert in reviewing headphones however, maybe my thoughts could help a bit. Maybe.  It also seems like you have a similar music taste to me.

 

Anyway, I own a Shure SE535 and I recently bought the Momentums. To be honest, compared to the Shures, I was never happy with the Momentum. Recently I walked into the B&O show room and started listening to the H6s and was very impressed. Mainly because I felt that the sound signature most closely resembled my Shure's.

 

For Jazz, Swing, Alternative , Soundtracks and Classical music, I prefer my Shure's to the Momentums hands down and so since I felt the B&Os had a similar sound signature, I wish I could return my Momentum for the B&O like today.

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlawrence74 View Post
 

Where do you stand between these two excellent portable headphones ? Because I use a cowon Z2 and listening a lot of diversity of different music such as Electronic, Classical, Alternative. I've read that I need something more powerful or use an amp to use a H6... Is that right ? Thank you for your help !

Get the Momentum hands down.  I did some extensive testing of the H6 a while back and found that it is overly bright with very weak to no bass.  I am not a bass head but the bass in the H6 is so lean that it really needs an amp and EQ to take it back to balance.

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Get the Momentum hands down.  I did some extensive testing of the H6 a while back and found that it is overly bright with very weak to no bass.  I am not a bass head but the bass in the H6 is so lean that it really needs an amp and EQ to take it back to balance.

both comments actually make sense. I am curious about these as well... Shure headphones have the worst sound signature to me out of every headphone I have tried. All treble and nothing else. So the user that likes the Shures likes these and the user that doesn't like these say they have no bass and too much highs. .... just like the Shures do. I am guessing Shure 940's the ones I have heard.... I haven't heard the other Shure's but I'm sure the shures are all shures.

 

 

Well that is enough for me to stay away from them.

post #5 of 6

I own both the H6 and the momentums. The H6 seems to strongly favor my tube hybrid, they are pretty darn picky with amping, so I use them at home as closed headphones with my x-can v8. They are indeed able to deliver bass, but only when the recording really calls for it. They will never sound bassy or warm almost no matter how much you EQ the bass, at least with the fiio x3 bass eq.

 

They are kinda bright with 1-2kHz being emphasized. Very special sound signature.

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

both comments actually make sense. I am curious about these as well... Shure headphones have the worst sound signature to me out of every headphone I have tried. All treble and nothing else. So the user that likes the Shures likes these and the user that doesn't like these say they have no bass and too much highs. .... just like the Shures do. I am guessing Shure 940's the ones I have heard.... I haven't heard the other Shure's but I'm sure the shures are all shures.

 

 

Hmm, I have a pair of Shure 535s and before that, the 310s and my experience with them has been the absolute opposite - they have a controlled, smooth treble which is definitely on the opposite side of neutral than bright.

 

I am *very* sensitive to bright headphones and speakers, for what it is worth.   Single-ended triodes for speaker-fi, and LCD2 with a warm amp for head-fi.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser momentum vs B&O H6