Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 59

post #871 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by croqui View Post
 

Hi,

 

Once i was a owner of the f806 now i have the f886. I like more the skin of the stock player in the f806 than the one in f886. I don't like the buttons (not the physical ones) in the screen for play/pause pre-track and next-track  inside a circle. I don't like too that when we touch the cover art appears a line over the picture, in the bottom.with information of the time of the track and number of the track. I like the bar but not over the image of the cover. I contact Sony and asked them if they are planning to make skins for the stock player to just let us choose the one we like more. They said that my question/suggestion was welcome but they are not planning to make skins. So i like to know if there are more people interested in the skins just to make a petition to send to Sony.

I'm waiting for your suggestions and support.

 

Many thanks

Why don't you install the old media player app? You can google it. There's a dump of the old F somewhere on XDA.

post #872 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamuz View Post


Nice! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to avoid the customs tax? Isn't that a little risky? Thanks!


You can't really avoid it :D I just said if they could ship me with their name instead of a company name (apparently that's less suspicious, so it might help) and made them write the price less than it is. I did pay customs tax, but upon that price, if they knew the real price, I'd have to pay a lot more. Also, if they'd realised that it had radio, I'd have to pay extra.

post #873 of 1469

Rooted F887 and froze some system apps with Greenify and Titanium Back up. Lets see whether it improves battery life.

 

http://cubeundcube.blogspot.com/2013/11/sony-walkman-nw-f880root.html

 

Will log battery drain with this app

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

post #874 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama View Post
 

Rooted F887 and froze some system apps with Greenify and Titanium Back up. Lets see whether it improves battery life.

 

http://cubeundcube.blogspot.com/2013/11/sony-walkman-nw-f880root.html

 

Will log battery drain with this app

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Have you been able to find the recovery mode on this device? And are there any other modes like fastboot or download mode?

post #875 of 1469

Maximum you can get with 320KBPS MP3 with no wifi and minimum screen usage is 16 hours!!!! Sony's 35 hour claim is on 128KBPS MP3. But what I can not understand is their claim on FLAC playing times. 20 hours?????!!!!!:angry_face:

post #876 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama View Post
 

Maximum you can get with 320KBPS MP3 with no wifi and minimum screen usage is 16 hours!!!! Sony's 35 hour claim is on 128KBPS MP3. But what I can not understand is their claim on FLAC playing times. 20 hours?????!!!!!:angry_face:


majority of the ppl buying this will have flac only.

can anyone post battery life with flac??16 bit i mean

post #877 of 1469

my estimation of 15h was with a mix of mp3 and flac, but mostly flac. I think you can safely hope for 13 or 14h with 16bit flacs (all off, almost no screen usage).

post #878 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 

my estimation of 15h was with a mix of mp3 and flac, but mostly flac. I think you can safely hope for 13 or 14h with 16bit flacs (all off, almost no screen usage).


then again i suspect with a moderate screen usage which everyone does the life will not exceed 8-9 hours which is in the category of poor really.

post #879 of 1469

yup. like I said 8-10h looks realistic for relaxed usage with some little dsp a few library browsing and some cover-admiring moments.

I mentionned 15hours because I need to be able to pass 13h without a charge sometimes, so knowing I can do it with some little efforts is important. something I could never dream of doing with a dx100 or hm901.

but yeah that's not amazing.

post #880 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama View Post
 

Maximum you can get with 320KBPS MP3 with no wifi and minimum screen usage is 16 hours!!!! Sony's 35 hour claim is on 128KBPS MP3. But what I can not understand is their claim on FLAC playing times. 20 hours?????!!!!!:angry_face:

 

small point but I charge mine when I'm asleep... it really is not a problem.

post #881 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
 

Why don't you install the old media player app? You can google it. There's a dump of the old F somewhere on XDA.

 

I look for it on google playstore and i found it but it says that it isn't compatible with the f886.

Anyway thanks for your help

post #882 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by croqui View Post
 

 

I look for it on google playstore and i found it but it says that it isn't compatible with the f886.

Anyway thanks for your help

There was one for other devices, but has been taken down. Try searching XDA-developers.

post #883 of 1469

I finally got the F886 from PriceJapan. I paid for it on the 16th and received it exactly one week later on the 23rd. It actually took less than a week to ship - it was out of customs here in Chile on the 21st, and the local courier only delivered two days later. I used EMS for the shipping. I asked PriceJapan to write a lower price on the package, and they did so: the package said "MP3 player - 10200 yen". As a result, I didn't have to pay any customs tax at all, which is nice.

 

In total, including the player, PriceJapan's fee and shipping, I ended up paying about the same I would've paid for the latest 32 GB iPod touch at a local store, which is insane to me.

 

Overall a very pleasant experience with PriceJapan, very recommended. And needless to say, the F886 is a tremendous update from the F805 I had. Nice size, great screen, super responsive and fast, amazing sound. And if you were wondering, the physical prev/play/next keys work with pretty much every app I've tried: Poweramp, Google Play Music, Spotify, even Audible!

post #884 of 1469

is there a thread already for NWZ-F887?

 

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=5078&view=1&c=sony_walkman_nw-f887_64gb

 

this is an interesting device for me, but so damn expensive and redundant (as i already have a Nexus 5).

 

bookmarking this very informative thread.


Edited by jtdc - 1/25/14 at 6:52am
post #885 of 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
 

is there a thread already for NWZ-F887?

 

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=5078&view=1&c=sony_walkman_nw-f887_64gb

 

this is an interesting device for me, but so damn expensive and redundant (as i already have a Nexus 5).

 

bookmarking this very informative thread.


887 would largely be the same as the 86 just with size capacity. It's also available on Price japan.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]