Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 58

post #856 of 1359
No micro USB port but we do have WM-PORT, and WMC-NWH10 is required for USB OTG

tmBjTMb.jpg

Firmware was already released and that's relatively safe enough to root F886

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-11128787-1-1.html

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/F880/NW-F880_V1_10_000.exe

Once we've got root access, we could install some apps for enabling external storage via USB OTG. Then a card reader with multiple SD card slots should be pretty nice

http://usb.brando.com/imono-2-x-sd-hc-micro-sd-hc-card-reader_p01916c031d015.html
post #857 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

No micro USB port but we do have WM-PORT, and WMC-NWH10 is required for USB OTG

tmBjTMb.jpg

Firmware was already released and that's relatively safe enough to root F886

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-11128787-1-1.html

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/F880/NW-F880_V1_10_000.exe

Once we've got root access, we could install some apps for enabling external storage via USB OTG. Then a card reader with multiple SD card slots should be pretty nice

http://usb.brando.com/imono-2-x-sd-hc-micro-sd-hc-card-reader_p01916c031d015.html


I'm seriously waiting for this mod to appear, that that I will immediately root my walkman and buy the NWH10 cable.

post #858 of 1359

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57606931-285/how-to-use-external-storage-to-expand-unexpandable-android-phones/

 

Since sicko and others already rooted this Walkman, let's wait until someone's confirmation whether the USB OTG of the kernel supports external storage or otherwise.

 

If the kernel were no good for external storage via USB OTG, then there's no need to root and we could simply go for the DLNA route instead

 

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005087en

 

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas-reviews/32017-seagate-wireless-plus-reviewed?start=1

 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2033638/wi-fi-hard-drive-showdown-corsair-voyager-vs-seagate-wireless-plus.html

 

Both F886 and Seagate Wireless Plus should be working via DLNA out of the box and 1TB costs $200 or less

 

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/4664770114985569276

 

http://www.sogi.com.tw/m/mobile/articles/6223382

 

http://cf-attach.i-sogi.com/tw/article/img/201312/2013121208341251430.jpg

 

We didn't really test the performance of streaming 192/24 lossless files yet so that's something we'll have to try.

post #859 of 1359

My new player F887 bought from PriceJapan has poor battery life. No where near the ones advertised!!! I installed the new update, resetted and installed only Neutron player, Poweramp and MXplayer. Battery logger shows system idle using bulk of power.

Can this player be rooted?

Installing any battery saver app would be helpful? I have purchased version DU battery meter.

Does anyone know the key combo for recovery mode?

post #860 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama View Post

My new player F887 bought from PriceJapan has poor battery life. No where near the ones advertised!!! I installed the new update, resetted and installed only Neutron player, Poweramp and MXplayer. Battery logger shows system idle using bulk of power.
Can this player be rooted?
Installing any battery saver app would be helpful? I have purchased version DU battery meter.
Does anyone know the key combo for recovery mode?

Hey, I want to buy the F886 from PriceJapan. What was your experience with them? Did you use DHL or EMS for shipping? How long did the shipping take? I know it's a lot of questions but I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!
post #861 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushama View Post
 

My new player F887 bought from PriceJapan has poor battery life. No where near the ones advertised!!! I installed the new update, resetted and installed only Neutron player, Poweramp and MXplayer. Battery logger shows system idle using bulk of power.

Can this player be rooted?

Installing any battery saver app would be helpful? I have purchased version DU battery meter.

Does anyone know the key combo for recovery mode?


we talked about this a little. I had maybe 15h with absolutely everything off (not even a google account registered) and almost never using the screen.

if you use some audio dsp (dsee, surround, EQ, etc) you lose from 30to 50% of that time. if you let the screen ON you can actually see the battery going down live. if you have gps, wifi, etc. same thing. and plane mode is not the same as turning everything off when it comes to cpu usage.

all in all you can use it strictly as a dap with no effect for 15h, with some effects between 8 and 10hours I would say, and if you use wifi or play with something on the screen you'll be happy with 2hours. it's not that bad if you forget android for times where you have an outlet.

 

I'm no android expert, but everything I've tried ended up reducing battery life, I imaging sony have its own management system running. but that's just me guessing, maybe there is some way to improve it.

post #862 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


we talked about this a little. I had maybe 15h with absolutely everything off (not even a google account registered) and almost never using the screen.

if you use some audio dsp (dsee, surround, EQ, etc) you lose from 30to 50% of that time. if you let the screen ON you can actually see the battery going down live. if you have gps, wifi, etc. same thing. and plane mode is not the same as turning everything off when it comes to cpu usage.

all in all you can use it strictly as a dap with no effect for 15h, with some effects between 8 and 10hours I would say, and if you use wifi or play with something on the screen you'll be happy with 2hours. it's not that bad if you forget android for times where you have an outlet.

 

I'm no android expert, but everything I've tried ended up reducing battery life, I imaging sony have its own management system running. but that's just me guessing, maybe there is some way to improve it.


then its fair to say that battery will last just 8-9 hours with normal listening.

thats actually very poor and i think going android was huge mistake,,,even wifi etc on this are a mistake.

 

there is no use of those features with this sort of battery life.maybe sticking with their non android interface and getting like 15-16 hours in regular use was a far better idea.

 

question-------has anybody compared sound with clip+ or colorfly c3??

post #863 of 1359

I did some mytho A/B with clip+ and other old stuff I have. the clip has one of the narrowest width you can find (the signature is great but really soundstage is not its forte). well I put this sony at the other end of all the daps I've owned for its width is simply impressive.

I don't know the C3, but I remember a very audible bass rolloff on the ck4. are they similar?

 

the signature of the F886 isn't real neutral, sony will be sony. but as close as it gets for the brand IMO (old sonys were warmer, more voluptuous). I must have written something more precise a while back, but really it is a great player in regard to sound quality with a lot of treble information, when I was used to washed out trebles on my old sonys. actually sony fans might find the treble to be a little too much, that's how much more resolving the sound is in those frequencies.

 

what could be trouble is the "amp" power, android, and my little "tac" noise every 2secs that almost nobody is hearing ^_^.

 

about the android choice, my guess is that doing it that way let them use all the R&D of sony phones and save money. but I do hate those "do it all" daps. even my phone is not smart, that's how old school I am.

post #864 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamuz View Post


Hey, I want to buy the F886 from PriceJapan. What was your experience with them? Did you use DHL or EMS for shipping? How long did the shipping take? I know it's a lot of questions but I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

I boguht mine form there, used EMS, awesome experience with the seller, they did everything I asked them for, to avoid customs tax. I recommend ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
the signature of the F886 isn't real neutral, sony will be sony. but as close as it gets for the brand IMO (old sonys were warmer, more voluptuous). I must have written something more precise a while back, but really it is a great player in regard to sound quality with a lot of treble information, when I was used to washed out trebles on my old sonys. actually sony fans might find the treble to be a little too much, that's how much more resolving the sound is in those frequencies.

That would be me :D 

post #865 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirwyn View Post

I boguht mine form there, used EMS, awesome experience with the seller, they did everything I asked them for, to avoid customs tax. I recommend wink.gif

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to avoid the customs tax? Isn't that a little risky? Thanks!
post #866 of 1359

They are really good. Used EMS and it was very fast to reach me. Seems to be very honest!

post #867 of 1359

Well as for custom stuff,  dealer is happy to honor your suggestions! You know what I tell!!! :D

post #868 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


we talked about this a little. I had maybe 15h with absolutely everything off (not even a google account registered) and almost never using the screen.

if you use some audio dsp (dsee, surround, EQ, etc) you lose from 30to 50% of that time. if you let the screen ON you can actually see the battery going down live. if you have gps, wifi, etc. same thing. and plane mode is not the same as turning everything off when it comes to cpu usage.

all in all you can use it strictly as a dap with no effect for 15h, with some effects between 8 and 10hours I would say, and if you use wifi or play with something on the screen you'll be happy with 2hours. it's not that bad if you forget android for times where you have an outlet.

 

I'm no android expert, but everything I've tried ended up reducing battery life, I imaging sony have its own management system running. but that's just me guessing, maybe there is some way to improve it.

This sucks! I was thinking to sell my J3 which has fantastic battery life. I don't use any of the effects, GPS, WIFI or other apps. But I can see system idle eats more power than usual. Sony should address this.Their claim of 20+ hours with 96/24 flac seems to be a joke! 

PS: Sony site says charging should take APP: 3 hours, but mine is charged within 1.5 hours!! Defective battery???? :mad:


Edited by kaushama - 1/15/14 at 5:43pm
post #869 of 1359

I just placed my order on F886 and the new XH3 :3 feeling exited... and i hope this wont be another fail like the K3003i.. ( bloody sub bass delay) . last hope when it comes to Hybrids :/

post #870 of 1359

i seriously suggest ppl should get a bigger battery by getting the back plate opened if possible

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]