or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 27

post #391 of 1468
Pricejapan is safe yeah. They just shipped my 886 two days after ordering smily_headphones1.gif
post #392 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Pricejapan is safe yeah. They just shipped my 886 two days after ordering smily_headphones1.gif

Ordered my Sony ZX1 from them.

 

Please keep us posted.

post #393 of 1468

Vector, could you please shed some light on how the display module on this device measures up against the Z1000's in sunlight legibility, viewing angles and colour vibrance?

post #394 of 1468

I don't have a Z1000 with me but I do have a XT890 with oled pentile screen and a psvita that has a normal RGB OLED screen.

...

...

...

It's austounding, the image can be seen from every angle and the blacks are extremely close to those in the vita albeit difference can still be barely noticeable. Pentile oled is just not great. I'm sorry that I cannot test the device in direct sunlight since... well, you know, this is the UK and right now I just don't have enough sun. But yes, the screen is gorgeous.

post #395 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 

The sony shops usually have stock for very little time. Mine was to be received today but I had to change the delivery until Thursday. But yeah, I pre-ordered it with a price of 224 pounds... now is almost double.

I didn't realise you were in the U.K. Vect. Do you mind me asking where you bought your F886 from ?

post #396 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob49 View Post
 

I didn't realise you were in the U.K. Vect. Do you mind me asking where you bought your F886 from ?


I bought it from the sony store shop or rather, preordered it since almost the end of september... by the way, I think they come from japan, unless there is a Yusen Logistics stablished on the UK...

post #397 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 


I bought it from the sony store shop or rather, preordered it since almost the end of september... by the way, I think they come from japan, unless there is a Yusen Logistics stablished on the UK...

Probably, seeing that availability from Sony online is non existent !)

 

Out of interest, the Amazon price ( sellers ) keeps coming down, gone from £440 to £360...now £300.


Edited by Rob49 - 11/16/13 at 7:13am
post #398 of 1468

a quick review of the F887... get your wallets out :tongue_smile:


Edited by Noble-Geezer - 11/16/13 at 10:46am
post #399 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble-Geezer View Post
 

a quick review of the F887... get your wallets out :tongue_smile:

Can you elaborate, Noble G ! ? ( Just a little more please ! )

post #400 of 1468

Ok another question about UI, because I've realised it's actually quite important for me. On my Xperia, I can't view all the songs on a folder, it automatically creates new folders acording to artists and then their albums and I hate it. I wanna use it like I use my good old walkman (each band has its own folder, or sometimes I have mixed folders, but that's it, no other folders for albums or something) but this android device looks like it's gonna disappoint me if it's like my Xperia?

 

I use something simple like this because I jump on different songs all the time:

A band folder

- song 1

- song 2

B band folder

- song 1

- song 2

Mixed Folder

- song 1

- song 2

...

 

This is what my Xperia does even when I fix it from my computer:

A band

 > A album

        - song 1

        - song 2

 > B album

      - song 1

B band

 > A album

        - song 1

Mixed folder

 > A band

    >> A album

        - song 1

 > B band

    >> A album

        - song 1

    >> B album

        - song 1

post #401 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirwyn View Post
 

Ok another question about UI, because I've realised it's actually quite important for me. On my Xperia, I can't view all the songs on a folder, it automatically creates new folders acording to artists and then their albums and I hate it. I wanna use it like I use my good old walkman (each band has its own folder, or sometimes I have mixed folders, but that's it, no other folders for albums or something) but this android device looks like it's gonna disappoint me if it's like my Xperia?

 

I use something simple like this because I jump on different songs all the time:

A band folder

- song 1

- song 2

B band folder

- song 1

- song 2

Mixed Folder

- song 1

- song 2

...

 

This is what my Xperia does even when I fix it from my computer:

A band

 > A album

        - song 1

        - song 2

 > B album

      - song 1

B band

 > A album

        - song 1

Mixed folder

 > A band

    >> A album

        - song 1

 > B band

    >> A album

        - song 1

    >> B album

        - song 1


You can use folders as you expect to. That was the method I used for my NWZS545 and it holds for the F886

post #402 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 


You can use folders as you expect to. That was the method I used for my NWZS545 and it holds for the F886


That's great to know! My stupid Xperia scared me, I thought it would be the same :biggrin:

post #403 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob49 View Post
 

Can you elaborate, Noble G ! ? ( Just a little more please ! )

 

It doesn't have the lush warmth & detail of the Z1070, it has more tightness in the detail with what appears a deeper bass than the Z1070 (to my ears), it's almost information overload.

 

If the ZX1 is a step up from this, Sony will have a field day.

 

I'll do more tomorrow when I've had more time with it, it really is a superb piece of kit. I also want to add a bit about Royal Mail's exceptional service, they were awesome today (more on that later).


Edited by Noble-Geezer - 11/16/13 at 11:35am
post #404 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble-Geezer View Post
 

 

It doesn't have the lush warmth & detail of the Z1070, it has more tightness in the detail with what appears a deeper bass than the Z1070 (to my ears), it's almost information overload.

 

If the ZX1 is a step up from this, Sony will have a field day.

 

I'll do more tomorrow when I've had more time with it, it really is a superb piece of kit. I also want to add a bit about Royal Mail's exceptional service, they were awesome today (more on that later).

Thanks for that....I look forward to hearing more thoughts from you...


Edited by Rob49 - 11/16/13 at 12:09pm
post #405 of 1468

I've been listening to the F887 for a few hours now with KEF M500's & Wizard 5.0's, music ripped in 'Atrac Advanced Lossless'.

 

Needless to say I'm pretty pleased with my investment and the sound is what I was hoping for (& more, more later on that), Sony have moved up ladder with the S-Master HX-Pro amp, it's not massive compared to the WM-Z but it's enough to make you think 'yeah this is better'. Things are better defined, the bass is slightly deeper with a bit more punch. the mids are addictive and the highs are well detailed.

 

The size is a little smaller than I'd like (big hands) though the tactile buttons are a boon on the side, I like the way you have to push the buttons so don't expect any slight mishaps of changing tracks accidently when it's in your pocket. Operation is silky smooth, when you turn it on 'two taps' and it's in English. The Sony case is a massive disappointment for the price, some leather-look material with no padding, it has a side flap opening and the band you wrap around it to keep it closed looks/feels cheap, unforgivable is the back of the case where there are two slits where the chord is anchored, the slits look like someone's made a opening by stabbing a knife into the material, not very Sony at all. The WM-Z's case was pure class, buy a third-party one if there's any around.

 

This is the 'more' bit... you will find four music tracks & two sampler intro tracks (absolute waste, each last 30-45secs), two of the tracks are demo mp3's showing lyrics (crap bands). There are two HD tracks to be found and my does the F887 sing with hi-res. I've never owned HD music but I am now a convert, the detail the F887 pushes out is nothing short excellent, I hate to hype sayings but I was 'gob smacked', this is in another league to the WM-Z with hi-res music. Using lossless files the difference isn't that great between the two players but feed the F887 hi-res and you have something very special indeed.

 

Might not be around for a day or two so a quick bit on the pairing of the KEF M500, nice pairing lots of detail and good bass depth not at all cluttered, the 5.0 IEM's were in their element, absolute joy to listen to, the bass is simply breathtaking at times. Anyhow, enough of my gush fest so excuse me whilst I wipe away the drool.


Edited by Noble-Geezer - 11/16/13 at 4:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]