Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 24

post #346 of 1318

How are the physical controls and UI mix. On the X1050 the lock for the controls is daft. 

post #347 of 1318

I got it from this listing on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251368211074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

post #348 of 1318
I'm in the same boat. Currently, I'm using NWZ-S545 and dig its sound signature. Last year, I decided to upgrade to NWZ-F806. I liked everything about it except its soundstage. In comparison to NWZ-S545, NWZ-F806's soundstrage was a lot narrower. For that reason, I returned it. Is the soundstage width on F886 as wide as it is on S545?
post #349 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky191 View Post
 

How are the physical controls and UI mix. On the X1050 the lock for the controls is daft. 


The controls feel perfect... I mean, myself coming from the S545... well, now I can press buttons with confidence, pressure needed in them is notorious but nothing detrimental. I don't understand your question about the UI mix...

post #350 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post

I got it from this listing on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251368211074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$72? Think I'll pass lol
post #351 of 1318

The soundstage on the F886, in my opinion, it's vastly improved... but note that I have the XBA-30 earphones, which at the same time were not great on the S545 since all the bass used to go away.

post #352 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


$72? Think I'll pass lol


I got them cheaper O_O... I guess the price got changed. Still, customs took a good 15 from me and I really didn't liked that.

post #353 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post


I got them cheaper O_O... I guess the price got changed. Still, customs took a good 15 from me and I really didn't liked that.

Yea, price is INSANE for a plastic case. I'd expect to pay $30 max and an additional maybe $10 for shipping, but even that's pushing it (the thing costs like 50 cents to make :l ) I'm just gonna wait for the F to drop stateside and hope that Sony will provide protective cases or a Chinese company will manufacture knockoffs
post #354 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 


The controls feel perfect... I mean, myself coming from the S545... well, now I can press buttons with confidence, pressure needed in them is notorious but nothing detrimental. I don't understand your question about the UI mix...

 

On the X1050, the lock can be for everything so it won't turn on in your bag, pocket. But then you can't use the buttons. Or just the touch screen so only the buttons can be pressed. Which is what you normally use. Except that in this mode it can turn on in your bag, pocket and drain the battery.

 

The option to switch between them is very deep in the menu's. So very inconvenient to switch between modes. Just very annoying, to the point I'd sell it. 

post #355 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky191 View Post
 

 

On the X1050, the lock can be for everything so it won't turn on in your bag, pocket. But then you can't use the buttons. Or just the touch screen so only the buttons can be pressed. Which is what you normally use. Except that in this mode it can turn on in your bag, pocket and drain the battery.

 

The option to switch between them is very deep in the menu's. So very inconvenient to switch between modes. Just very annoying, to the point I'd sell it. 


In this case the buttons can be used with the lock set, they allow you to change songs and won't wake up your walkman (except for the power button that is...)

post #356 of 1318

£260 in the UK, not too bad

how does it compare to the DX50 and Studio Third?

post #357 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post
 

£260 in the UK, not too bad

how does it compare to the DX50 and Studio Third?


Might be worth waiting a couple of weeks as amazon did have it for £209.00  Whether it will drop back to that once more stock comes in, only time will tell.

post #358 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 


The controls feel perfect... I mean, myself coming from the S545... well, now I can press buttons with confidence, pressure needed in them is notorious but nothing detrimental. I don't understand your question about the UI mix...

Are you familiar with ADB?

post #359 of 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
 

Are you familiar with ADB?


I'm very familiar with it, however I have my xt890 phone in which I do all my android experiments since I have full access to the bootloader, right now I prefer to avoid rooting or anything related since I'm only using it as a player rather than a full blown android device...

post #360 of 1318

Just an update on audio quality of the F886... vocals are simply impressive.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]