or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 95

post #1411 of 1425

I just checked up to see if I can buy an F886/7 in the UK. Nothing on Amazon or Ebay. I saw someone mention they are not available in the UK. Sucks. :( 


Edited by GreenBow - 7/26/15 at 10:40am
post #1412 of 1425
You can import from accessory jack or price japan

No eu volume cap either
post #1413 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBow View Post

I just checked up to see if I can buy an F886/7 in the UK. Nothing on Amazon or Ebay. I saw someone mention they are not available in the UK. Sucks. frown.gif  
Sony Germany still shows them, but without price. You better wait for new players later this year. The F88X is probably discontinued and just sold off. If you can grab a used ZX1 like me. It is so much better. Sold the F886 a week later. Got mine for 350€ 6 month old like new.
post #1414 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post


Sony Germany still shows them, but without price. You better wait for new players later this year. The F88X is probably discontinued and just sold off. If you can grab a used ZX1 like me. It is so much better. Sold the F886 a week later. Got mine for 350€ 6 month old like new.

 

Agreed.

post #1415 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post


Sony Germany still shows them, but without price. You better wait for new players later this year. The F88X is probably discontinued and just sold off. If you can grab a used ZX1 like me. It is so much better. Sold the F886 a week later. Got mine for 350€ 6 month old like new.


Yeh you got me looking at ebay last night. Someone PM'd me about one. It is s good way to get one at am more normal price. I find it a bit scary buying expensive items on ebay though, and never really do. If it goes wrong you're sucking a big loss.

 

I understand many people are genuine, and use it for a suitable way to sell on stuff. It scares me all the same though.


Edited by GreenBow - 7/30/15 at 12:53pm
post #1416 of 1425

Where is the risk, if you use PayPal?

post #1417 of 1425

I would wait until September to see what the new walkman models are like.  It is only a month away and the f880 series kinda has bad battery life any ways.  You can also check on this forum too since people are always selling these things as well.    

post #1418 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfannewb View Post
 

I would wait until September to see what the new walkman models are like.  It is only a month away and the f880 series kinda has bad battery life any ways.  You can also check on this forum too since people are always selling these things as well.    


Funny enough, the ZX1 battery life is much better, even though the battery size is the same as is the OS running on the devices. Seems that Sony updated the ZX1 firmware better. The idle consumption is far less compared to the F886.

post #1419 of 1425

Thank you for the info on the F886 and ZX1. I think I will wait a bit longer and see if any new models come out. Hopefully it will make the ZX1 cheaper because it's expensive for what it is. I was hoping the Astel and Kern Jr was going to give Sony a nudge on the ZX1 price, but nothing changed yet.

post #1420 of 1425

F887 version plays much better than the ZX1, I had both the Japanese version, and hardly sold ZX1 eventually traded it for a fee to Cowon J3 32Gb

post #1421 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post

F887 version plays much better than the ZX1, I had both the Japanese version, and hardly sold ZX1 eventually traded it for a fee to Cowon J3 32Gb
Kvud, as much as you say that the ZX1 ans ZX2 are crap, I would like to know to what kind of music you prefer to listen to. As to me the ZX1 is clearly superior over both, the A15 and F886.
Edited by pietcux - 8/1/15 at 2:20am
post #1422 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post


Kvud, as mich as you say that the ZX1 ans ZX2 are crap, I would like to know to what kind of music you prefer to listen to. As to me the ZX1 is clearly superior over both, the A15 and F886.

Rock,metal,, trans/

post #1423 of 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post
 

Rock,metal,, trans/


Ah, understand, so your main focus is on pure power, not so much on how details are layered in instrumental music and voices. In that regards you may be right, the ZX1 is less in your face, much more on the playful side. But I can also enjoy Deep Purple Made in Japan or Eminem's SHADYXV. To each his own.

 

Cheers

 

:beerchug:

post #1424 of 1425

See £400 for a used mint condition ZX1 on ebay.

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Walkman-NWZ-ZX1-Silver-128-GB-High-Resolution-Digital-Media-Player-/291524240324?nma=true&si=DGqyW66iJMzdBK7Ieqha7UFSBb8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

 

Amazon sell them for £460 sometimes. If there are any new models coming soon, maybe Amazon will be a little cheaper.

post #1425 of 1425

There's a few cheaper than that on ebay through a cursory glance.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]