I saw a really nice clear hard case for the F880s, does anyone here know where to get one?
Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 93
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good that I'm not the only person who finds it sounding lean. I did some back and forth with my iphone 4s and I must say after listening to it without an amp which I havent done for a long time it sounds very good. Very warm sounding with an emphasis on every frequency. The f886 pairs well with my xba4 due to the leaner sound really give the quad BAs a much faster attack and decay especially on bass notes. The sound does not sound as congested as the iPhone. These tests were all done to the best of my volume matching capabilities haha until I get a Sescom a/b switcher with a zoom recorder that can measure the exact decibels please regard my initial impressions as moot.
I use a Nexus 5 (with PowerAmp). But instead of thinking if I want an F886, I think I would rather get a Z3 Compact.
That's what I think of at the moment, but it may change. LOL
The Z3 Compact is not going to come with the same hardware as the Walkman. All comes down to what you need. A new phone, or a dedicated player.
You won't have the DSEE HX functionality with the poweramp (it is software). The F886 will still use the S-Master HX DAC/AMP no matter what application you use (it is the hardware).
The hardware remains constant the whole time or else you get no sound.
- 3,832 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Select All Posts By This User
New owner of the F887 and wondering if you guys can answer a few questions for a Sony Walkman newb. Thanks in advance!
- Is there such thing as a socket saver for the data port on the bottom?
- Is there a way to transfer files into the player without the use of cables? BT, NFC-type sharing, etc.
- Is it possible to do digital coax out to another DAC? I noticed that behind the headphone jack is the label "digital".
- If I install Neutron player on the player would I be able to play OGG Vorbis? I loaded all my media in OGG Vorbis only to find out it doesn't support the file.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 4/23/15 at 10:00pm