or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] - Page 80

post #1186 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCG View Post
 

Here is the way to increase the ZX1's output power

1. Make sure the xLoud & Clear Phase was checked in the sound setting

2. Lower down the volume

3. Go to Setting / Apps / ALL / Sound enhancements / then push "Disable" 

4. Enjoy!


After disable the Sound enhancements, EQ won't work anymore.

You have to restart the ZX1 to make it work again.

 

 

Also works on F880 series...

post #1187 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

 

Also works on F880 series...


Ok, but sound still feel muddier, lack of speed and impact.

post #1188 of 1468
How long do you own the F886 now? Give it a week to get used to. It for sure sounds a little differen than other sorces you have, but that doesn't mean worse.
post #1189 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

How long do you own the F886 now? Give it a week to get used to. It for sure sounds a little differen than other sorces you have, but that doesn't mean worse.


One night !

post #1190 of 1468

just take your time.....:atsmile:

post #1191 of 1468
Did what Change is Good pro proposed to increase the volume. Got the 2 second tac. One tac every two seconds. This happened after restart. Thought ****..... Did another restart. No change. Then disabled all enhancements in settings. Restart...... UFF... all is fine again, no more tacs. So the tacs syndrome is related to the sound enhancemen app.
Edited by pietcux - 5/25/14 at 7:45am
post #1192 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Did what Change is Good pro proposed to increase the volume. Got the 2 second tac. One tac every two seconds. This happened after restart. Thought ****..... Did another restart. No change. Then disabled all enhancements in settings. Restart...... UFF... all is fine again, no more tacs. So the tacs syndrome is related to the sound enhancemen app.


i'm not disturbed by noise... the  problem is the pure sound performance !

It lack of speed and impact...  needs big amp integrated or not.


Edited by Silverprout - 5/25/14 at 11:09am
post #1193 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 


i'm not disturbed by noise... the  problem is the pure sound performance !

It lack of speed and impact...  needs big amp integrated or not.


Did you ever mention which cans you want to use with this DAP?

post #1194 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post
 


Did you ever mention which cans you want to use with this DAP?


Earsonics EM3pro V2 (the forgivers)  :redface:

And the Sony is missing something :

 


Edited by Silverprout - 5/25/14 at 1:48pm
post #1195 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 


Earsonics EM3pro V2 (the forgivers)  :redface:

And the Sony is missing something :

 

The patate :

post #1196 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverprout View Post
 


One night !

Give it more time, at least a week or two!! I'm always really disappointed with daps when I first listen to them. This has been my experience with the X3 and the DX50, but my impressions changed when I got accustomed to their sound.

 

I've read that the f886 and the ZX1 don't do so well if the headphone/iem is not efficient. I'm wondering if an amp may be useful in your situation :confused:


Edited by johanchandy - 5/25/14 at 7:23pm
post #1197 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanchandy View Post
 

Give it more time, at least a week or two!! I'm always really disappointed with daps when I first listen to them. This has been my experience with the X3 and the DX50, but my impressions changed when I got accustomed to their sound.

 

I've read that the f886 and the ZX1 don't do so well if the headphone/iem is not efficient. I'm wondering if an amp may be useful in your situation :confused:


CIEMs are little but needs serious amp to sound correctly.

IMHO, the integrated amp of the sony DAP is made to drive little elecrodynamic transducers without any passive filter.

CIEMs have a lot of transducers and a complex passive crossover...


Edited by Silverprout - 5/26/14 at 2:15am
post #1198 of 1468

 

 

I got my f886+C5 amp+fiio l5 cable combo today and I'm a bit disappointed. I wouldn't call the f886 sound muddy though, but it does lack refinement at the moment. It's a step down from my modi/vali stack in this aspect.

 

Really hoping it gets better in time....

 

Edit: When connected to the C5, Clearaudio + doesn't sound good so I've set it up with a personal eq.


Edited by johanchandy - 5/26/14 at 10:12pm
post #1199 of 1468
ClearAudio+ is a preset that includes a virtual surround setting. You'd better use the manual settings like you do now.
post #1200 of 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanchandy View Post

 

 

I got my f886+C5 amp+fiio l5 cable combo today and I'm a bit disappointed. I wouldn't call the f886 sound muddy though, but it does lack refinement at the moment. It's a step down from my modi/vali stack in this aspect.

 

Really hoping it gets better in time....

 

Edit: When connected to the C5, Clearaudio + doesn't sound good so I've set it up with a personal eq.


Dude, you did your Q701 dusjustice by going for the C5. It has nowhere the amount of synergy that the Qs need to sound wonderful off your F886. You really should have went for the E12. Right now, that C5 is your weak link if you're going to be using the Q701 with the F886.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]