Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 67

post #991 of 2543

Hey, could anyone help me in deciding whether to go for H1 or not..

will the H1 be a good upgrade over my xb90ex overall, considering i got my 90s for just $50 and getting the H1 for around $110? .. almost double. how would the soundstage be compared to xb90s?

post #992 of 2543

My H1s still for sale. Open to offers. 

post #993 of 2543

I would stick with the XB90EX since they have larger Dynamic Drivers, I think for you the XBA-H3 would be better. 

post #994 of 2543
Bright sounding and analytical dac/amp does wonders for the H1s. The Yulong D100 and a bass-shy hifimediy android sabre dac.



These are the tips I'm using that came packaged with the RE400 (not in the retail packaging but in the shipping box, which i take hifiman are now shipping with their orders). If someone can name what they are to help other people looking to try different tips, to me these take away some warmth bringing out the mids and treble while keeping the bass.


Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 10/31/13 at 11:20am
post #995 of 2543

One thing I'm curious about is how the H1 and H3 will sound like through Sony's HD Audio DAC/AMPs, as seen in the pics from CANJAm2013

 

 

Maybe this combo is the magic ticket.

Would any of the H3 owners get to chance a listen? @kms108 @james444 

post #996 of 2543
I have xb90ex n i like them a lot. i need more wider n bit bigger soundstage. I know this sounds crazy but should i get H1 or xb900full size headphone? Included this coz i'hv heard some top iems do perform as gud as headphones and they are almost similarly priced. Xb900s are even a bit cheaper @$90 and H1 at $110.
post #997 of 2543

Depends on which you consider more comfortable/ portable. I would purchase the earphones, because I don't like headphones. 

post #998 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

I have xb90ex n i like them a lot. i need more wider n bit bigger soundstage. I know this sounds crazy but should i get H1 or xb900full size headphone? Included this coz i'hv heard some top iems do perform as gud as headphones and they are almost similarly priced. Xb900s are even a bit cheaper @$90 and H1 at $110.

Does it have to be a Sony? Have you checked the DUNU DN-1000? Might just be the one you're looking for...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread
post #999 of 2543

Where does one buy the H1 for $110? The going rate here in the US seem to be $149

post #1000 of 2543

Received my H3's from Amazon today.  Luckily I managed to snag them at the £220 price they had a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, my current IEM's are Sony XB90EX and these are a massive step up in every way.  Better soundstage and better clarity.  Bass is very similar in terms of quantity but slightly less boomy, and yes I do like lots of bass. In fact going back to the 90's I'd say they sound positively harsh in comparison.  This is all without any burn in and just 20 minutes of listening. 

post #1001 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

Where does one buy the H1 for $110? The going rate here in the US seem to be $149

India :smile:. The launch price is 6990Rs = 112$

But its available on eBay.in with warranty for 104$ (local delivery only I believe)

post #1002 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf123 View Post
 

Received my H3's from Amazon today.  Luckily I managed to snag them at the £220 price they had a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, my current IEM's are Sony XB90EX and these are a massive step up in every way.  Better soundstage and better clarity.  Bass is very similar in terms of quantity but slightly less boomy, and yes I do like lots of bass. In fact going back to the 90's I'd say they sound positively harsh in comparison.  This is all without any burn in and just 20 minutes of listening. 

Thanks for that. It answered a burning question!

post #1003 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf123 View Post
 

Received my H3's from Amazon today.  Luckily I managed to snag them at the £220 price they had a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, my current IEM's are Sony XB90EX and these are a massive step up in every way.  Better soundstage and better clarity.  Bass is very similar in terms of quantity but slightly less boomy, and yes I do like lots of bass. In fact going back to the 90's I'd say they sound positively harsh in comparison.  This is all without any burn in and just 20 minutes of listening. 

that sounds great, the xb90 are not so refined but have unbeatable bass. how does the h1 fit in the scheme?

post #1004 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by getclikinagas View Post
 

India :smile:. The launch price is 6990Rs = 112$

But its available on eBay.in with warranty for 104$ (local delivery only I believe)



Different release prices I see. I guess it's not the first with currency rates

post #1005 of 2543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 



Different release prices I see. I guess it's not the first with currency rates

If anything its an indication of the price it will settle at after a while.

The XBA-3 was launched in India for 130$ (later available for 110$)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM