Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 58

post #856 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i want something of calibre of me a161

 

Why don't you try RE-400 or if you can stretch your budget so VSonic VC1000.

post #857 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i am sure ex 1000 will be excellent but they cost above 450$!!

 

i am for something good in 100-150 dollars and i stil think considering the performance of 90$ brainwavz m3 ,,,,,bvz r3 will be excellent and they just cost 130 dollars

 

even i have been listeming to sony players for last 8 years........they are good but they have fixed memory and don't support flac except f series and z series(android one) so its not an option anymore as a result i have a rockboxed clip+ which is just better in all department except the sony ones have a characteristic warmth

 

on earphones the major aversion i have to sony is due to their useless 90 day replacement warranty and their huge bass emphasis.

 

i want something of calibre of me a161


I have not heard the MEE A161 but for the $100-$150 range, my favorite is the Vsonic GR07BE. Nice, controlled bass and enough treble energy to satisfy. Lendmeurears clearing away at $130 since they are discontinued.

 

When the Phonak Audeo PFE 132 was being sold for $99 a few months ago( another discontinued), I thought that was the steal of the year.

 

On the deals thread, Amazon is selling Monster Gratitudes for $60 that are getting rave reviews. Others are calling that the new steal of the year (but I'll pass on it).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/518656/the-iem-portable-headphones-deal-alerts-thread-read-the-first-post/9135#post_9925841

post #858 of 2795
Fortunately in the UK your returns are handled by the retailer and all items have a basic 12 month coverage so if it goes wrong you just send them back. Tbh on a 300 quid set of iems I'd like longer but that's life.

I have tried a fair few lower priced offerings from other companies but found them lacking in both quality and response. I always return to Sony for reliable sq. It will be interesting to try these to see how they hold up.
post #859 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post
 


I have not heard the MEE A161 but for the $100-$150 range, my favorite is the Vsonic GR07BE. Nice, controlled bass and enough treble energy to satisfy. Lendmeurears clearing away at $130 since they are discontinued.

 

When the Phonak Audeo PFE 132 was being sold for $99 a few months ago( another discontinued), I thought that was the steal of the year.

 

On the deals thread, Amazon is selling Monster Gratitudes for $60 that are getting rave reviews. Others are calling that the new steal of the year (but I'll pass on it).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/518656/the-iem-portable-headphones-deal-alerts-thread-read-the-first-post/9135#post_9925841


yes these are awesome iems but i have already invested in h1 which was a bad decision it seems

post #860 of 2795

sardar17, instead of worrying about having made a mistake in choice, start saving your money and flip these in the FS section and buy something else.

 

I don't think anyone here has made erroneous comments, they just don't align with your perceptions of this IEM. I have heard many of the IEM's you think are better and the bottom line is they have a vastly different signature to the Hx series. This doesn't make them better or the Hx series worse really, just DIFFERENT. In your case the DIFFERENCE makes your experience worse. So just move on as there is no sense in listening to something you don't like.

post #861 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
 

sardar17, instead of worrying about having made a mistake in choice, start saving your money and flip these in the FS section and buy something else.

 

I don't think anyone here has made erroneous comments, they just don't align with your perceptions of this IEM. I have heard many of the IEM's you think are better and the bottom line is they have a vastly different signature to the Hx series. This doesn't make them better or the Hx series worse really, just DIFFERENT. In your case the DIFFERENCE makes your experience worse. So just move on as there is no sense in listening to something you don't like.


while i agree tastes are diff but the point of any such high value iem is clarity,,,,without it there is really no point in having a hybrid iem with a dedicated ba driver,,,i should have just bought something from mdr series instead.

 

in some time when more reviews on h1 come u will agree with my point that they are way too pricey for what they offer and my only mission is to tell more potential buyers to be careful and try these before buying them and not be tricked by the balanced armature part of this iem as they have very less clarity

post #862 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i am sure ex 1000 will be excellent but they cost above 450$!!

 

i am for something good in 100-150 dollars and i stil think considering the performance of 90$ brainwavz m3 ,,,,,bvz r3 will be excellent and they just cost 130 dollars

 

even i have been listeming to sony players for last 8 years........they are good but they have fixed memory and don't support flac except f series and z series(android one) so its not an option anymore as a result i have a rockboxed clip+ which is just better in all department except the sony ones have a characteristic warmth

 

on earphones the major aversion i have to sony is due to their useless 90 day replacement warranty and their huge bass emphasis.

 

i want something of calibre of me a161

The 90 isn't just a bass monster, this can be toned right down and even if not has superb detail,soundstage and clarity, as does the 41. All my Sony IEM's still work, some are over 5 years old, and my old Mp3 lasted four years before I slept on the connected charger and couldn't charge it, it might still work now. My e 474 chugs out a tremendous sound on Jazz and rock, real quality, Flac or not, unbelievable for £60. I got a four year guarantee for £15 but I doubt I'll need it. I was also delighted with my neutral MDR ZX 700 studio monitor over ears; 50 mm driver, 5-40,000HZ frequency response, once again only £60.

Don't know the brainwavz m3 sorry, can't comment.

post #863 of 2795
I have given up on finding the perfect iem but if there is one thing I absolutly need, its clarity. Having an iem that is pricey and sounds muffled is just NOT cool.
post #864 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson 6 View Post
 

The 90 isn't just a bass monster, this can be toned right down and even if not has superb detail,soundstage and clarity, as does the 41. All my Sony IEM's still work, some are over 5 years old, and my old Mp3 lasted four years before I slept on the connected charger and couldn't charge it, it might still work now. My e 474 chugs out a tremendous sound on Jazz and rock, real quality, Flac or not, unbelievable for £60. I got a four year guarantee for £15 but I doubt I'll need it. I was also delighted with my neutral MDR ZX 700 studio monitor over ears; 50 mm driver, 5-40,000HZ frequency response, once again only £60.

Don't know the brainwavz m3 sorry, can't comment.


i had 16 gb s series walkman,,,,excellent player especially the bass was excellent.The equalizer was just 5 band but prety effective.

 

but i will be frank here,,,i never had an experience with any mdr models except for the bundled with player,,,maybe was mdr x90 or something.

but i was mainly after this as it was supposed to be balanced due to hybrid nature but on the contrary its not,,,and in my opinion sony will slash the prices pretty soon or bring out the models like h10,h20,h30 like it did with original xba series.

post #865 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

I have given up on finding the perfect iem but if there is one thing I absolutly need, its clarity. Having an iem that is pricey and sounds muffled is just NOT cool.


i am totally with u but i reiterate pls try brainwavz r3 dual driver set.................read the reviews

post #866 of 2795
Based on what you've posted, I think you'd like the Ex-600 Sardar. Might be worth trying to track one down. They don't go for too much these days ($100-120-ish),but they'll give you the clarity, balance and space you desire.
post #867 of 2795
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post

 

in some time when more reviews on h1 come u will agree with my point that they are way too pricey for what they offer and my only mission is to tell more potential buyers to be careful and try these before buying them and not be tricked by the balanced armature part of this iem as they have very less clarity


The balanced armature driver utilised in the XBA-H1 is a full-range BA driver, and not a tweeter. This might explain why the H1s have a warm and laid back signature. This full-range BA driver should be the same driver featured in the XBA-1/10 and the XBA-C10 which aren't detail focused IEMs. 

y_XBA-H1_001.jpg

According to the specs on Sony Japan the compostition of the XBA-H series is as follows:
 

 

XBA-H1: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA
XBA-H2: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA
XBA-H3: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA, "HD" Super Tweeter


Edited by xjaynine - 10/27/13 at 10:51am
post #868 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjaynine View Post
 


The balanced armature driver utilised in the XBA-H1 is a full-range BA driver, and not a tweeter. This might explain why the H1s have a warm and laid back signature. This full-range BA driver should be the same driver featured in the XBA-1/10 and the XBA-C10 which aren't detail focused IEMs. 

y_XBA-H1_001.jpg

According to the specs on Sony Japan the compostition of the XBA-H series is as follows:
 

 

XBA-H1: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA
XBA-H2: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA
XBA-H3: 16mm LCP Dynamic Woofer, Full Range BA, "HD" Super Tweeter


yup looks like so but they got it horribly wrong,,,,,,any ideas on creative aruvana 3??

post #869 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Based on what you've posted, I think you'd like the Ex-600 Sardar. Might be worth trying to track one down. They don't go for too much these days ($100-120-ish),but they'll give you the clarity, balance and space you desire.


thanks for input buddy

post #870 of 2795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


thanks for input buddy
No prob. It'll grant you a good chunk of the ex-1000's sig for considerably less if you can't afford the Ex-7550/800. Even after going thru a good number of TOTL phones, I still think the Ex-600 have got some real strengths that hold up

It's interesting that the H3 takes on a whole new level of performance with the vents patched up, almost feels like they've put square tires on a sports car :l
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM