I am a huge fan of the EX500 and EX1000, the former I use nearly everyday when outside. Can't wait for these.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 8/2/15 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks so much for the translation!
One thing that has puzzled me is why Sony has decided to go for a hybrid design in the first place. The EX1000 is a pretty stellar driver and probably only needed a few tweaks to get it perfect for a lot of people (something in between the EX1000 and 7550 / EX800ST).
Nonetheless if they went the route of pumping up the bass response with the driver coupled with some good high frequency extension, I'm all good for it. As long as it doesn't end up incoherent.
I really hope they did not employ a crossover in this case.
If this thing could sound like the XBA-3 with better treble extension.. I'm ONE BAJILLION percent in on one.. Please make my wishes come true!!!!
Gonna sell my Xba-3 right now!!
Same but I am only 99 percent for it... And targeting XBA-H1 hehe
I'm holding off until the whole line comes on sale. Kjk's translation has proven, they have a lot of potential, but as with any Hybrid, plenty could go wrong(in this case, the H2) Might have to wait until more reviews are out.
Really interested in the H3, though.
This is really interesting. Looking forward to seeing it soon. I now have way too many choices to choose from for my next upgrade...*sigh*
And a quick search on Wikipedia says that Hurts is a synthpop duo in Manchester, who started in 2009.
To me, they don't seem that "acclaimed."
EDIT: After listening to a couple of their songs on Baidu, I could say they sound pretty good.
Edited by thatBeatsguy - 9/5/13 at 10:28pm
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 12 seconds ago
- › Need headphones for under 15$ 48 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Retina iPad Mini (First Gen Retina) 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2