I am a huge fan of the EX500 and EX1000, the former I use nearly everyday when outside. Can't wait for these.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for recommendation for budget 350usd Last post on 7/6/14 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple-Fi 10- Still worth buying? Last post on 7/9/14 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks so much for the translation!
One thing that has puzzled me is why Sony has decided to go for a hybrid design in the first place. The EX1000 is a pretty stellar driver and probably only needed a few tweaks to get it perfect for a lot of people (something in between the EX1000 and 7550 / EX800ST).
Nonetheless if they went the route of pumping up the bass response with the driver coupled with some good high frequency extension, I'm all good for it. As long as it doesn't end up incoherent.
I really hope they did not employ a crossover in this case.
If this thing could sound like the XBA-3 with better treble extension.. I'm ONE BAJILLION percent in on one.. Please make my wishes come true!!!!
Gonna sell my Xba-3 right now!!
Same but I am only 99 percent for it... And targeting XBA-H1 hehe
I'm holding off until the whole line comes on sale. Kjk's translation has proven, they have a lot of potential, but as with any Hybrid, plenty could go wrong(in this case, the H2) Might have to wait until more reviews are out.
Really interested in the H3, though.
This is really interesting. Looking forward to seeing it soon. I now have way too many choices to choose from for my next upgrade...*sigh*
And a quick search on Wikipedia says that Hurts is a synthpop duo in Manchester, who started in 2009.
To me, they don't seem that "acclaimed."
EDIT: After listening to a couple of their songs on Baidu, I could say they sound pretty good.
Edited by thatBeatsguy - 9/5/13 at 10:28pm
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Should I buy a portable amp? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Is it worth it to become an Audiophile (I fear its too late to turn... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)