or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 38

post #556 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Why all of these bits and pieces of impressions? Can you give us a paragraph or two of your first or initial impressions of the sound? Geesh! I'm just asking. It may not be your intention, but it seems like you're stringing us along.

 

I'll unify my early impressions by Monday, maybe Tuesday. People tell me that my intelligence is above average, but I more than compensate for it in disorganization... The H1 is the most premium Head-Fi gear that I have. I also snapped 20 or so unboxing pics, but at ~0.3MP they're awful. Check the one of the Sunrise case for an example. I shall return.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteboy View Post
 

I've just had to return a set of XBA-30s, which I loved except for the slight lack of both low and high end. I'm seriously tempted by the H3s as I tend to ramp up the outsides of the EQ on almost all music systems I have to get more from those regions. Seems like the H3 might be the way forward but I really don't want to drop that sort of cash on them if the H1s perform as I'd like. Can anyone shed any light?

The H1 treble doesn't extend all the way up... hard for the BA to cover it all?. Output seems to fall after ~16k.

In my estimate the bass rolls of faster below 40Hz, but is detectable as far as 20. I could be way off, but full output seems to be at 70 to 100. With HIGH volume, I can hear sweeps down to 17. If the room is dead silent and the software is at max, they're either audible or tactile to about 13-14.

post #557 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfentanil View Post
 

^n0str3ss: If it's me you're asking....

There are plenty of tracks (the majority) where the warmth is powerful, lively, and not a decibel too strong...in other words, ideal. (If I want extension without impact, the very polite ZX701 is right here, lol)

Definitely think it's a flavor thing. In 12+hours, about 7-8 hours of listening, most non-critical (put music folder on random) - this is a FUN one for sure. Time for a long break (loan circuit? - just kidding). Some music has a less pleasing presentation (less forgiving due to detail/clarity or more energetic (some modern music being treble-hot - I'm getting it with Safetysuit "Someone Like You")) Detail on the H1 doesn't walk up and smack you, but more detail and more energy is what I'm hearing,vs $50-$100 IEMs.

 

There's brain burn-in to consider - might take a week or so to gel?


So far, have been using my Laptop. Haven't got my PMP(yet) - considering iPhone 3Gs 32GB over Cowon X9 32GB (storage a concern, iPod a no-go.) This weekend, I'll borrow my brother's iPod classic or iPhone for a quick XBA source head-to-head - maybe 5 or 6 tracks. Source might be an issue - impedance variation?

...and those soundtracks aren't really melodic music - TDKR disc is warm, dark, and rumbly almost start-to-finish. I was experimenting -  'this is deep/low material / wonder how it sounds...'
The movie itself sounds excellent considering it's coming through an IEM.

Other owners opinions?

Nice to know.

post #558 of 3252

Anyone know what the H1s sound signature is like in comparison to the Zero Audio Carbo Basso? My Carbo Bassos died and I am looking for something with a similar sound signature.

post #559 of 3252
Pre ordered the h3. Can't be too bad and there's only one way to tell!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
post #560 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post

Anyone know what the H1s sound signature is like in comparison to the Zero Audio Carbo Basso? My Carbo Bassos died and I am looking for something with a similar sound signature.

I think you're going to like the DUNU DN-1000.
post #561 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


I think you're going to like the DUNU DN-1000.

What makes you say that?

post #562 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteboy View Post

Pre ordered the h3. Can't be too bad and there's only one way to tell!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The form facot and size scares mw way to muuch to even considering buying them... It is hard enought to get good fits on normal iems, with the h3 for my ears it would be just ridiculous...:(

post #563 of 3252
I was determined to not get these as I have been very happy with the comfort and isolation of my QC20. But the thought of a Sony that marries the isolation of the XBA series with the sound and comfort of MDR/EX series was to compelling. I just placed an order for the H1 model. Hopefully I am really happy with them, otherwise one of you Head-fier's will be the lucky recipient of my latest discounted IEM in the FS forum LOL.
post #564 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I was determined to not get these as I have been very happy with the comfort and isolation of my QC20. But the thought of a Sony that marries the isolation of the XBA series with the sound and comfort of MDR/EX series was to compelling. I just placed an order for the H1 model. Hopefully I am really happy with them, otherwise one of you Head-fier's will be the lucky recipient of my latest discounted IEM in the FS forum LOL.

You got my attention. I guess I am gonna stalk you for some weeks .hehehehe

post #565 of 3252

Give us any review without warming, out of box immediately heard it's top or not top quality of sound.

post #566 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

What makes you say that?

 

I was one of the first few who got into the Carbo Basso; really loved the sound but had to sell them to finance a few upgrades.

Now that I got the DN-1000, it's like dejavu! Like Carbo Basso but a lot more refined in all aspects.

 

I'm also planning to get the H1 for xmas; so if you can wait, I'll be doing a tri-comparison of hybrids (H-200, DN-1000, and XBA-H1) at the end of the year.

post #567 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

I was one of the first few who got into the Carbo Basso; really loved the sound but had to sell them to finance a few upgrades.

Now that I got the DN-1000, it's like dejavu! Like Carbo Basso but a lot more refined in all aspects.

 

I'm also planning to get the H1 for xmas; so if you can wait, I'll be doing a tri-comparison of hybrids (H-200, DN-1000, and XBA-H1) at the end of the year.

Ooh, sounds interesting. The Sony XBA-H1s look interesting just because I'd imagine they have better build quality than the Carbo Bassos and I can buy them in the UK, but I'm not sure if the sound signature will suit me coming from the Carbo Basso.

post #568 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

Ooh, sounds interesting. The Sony XBA-H1s look interesting just because I'd imagine they have better build quality than the Carbo Bassos and I can buy them in the UK, but I'm not sure if the sound signature will suit me coming from the Carbo Basso.

 

BTW, what about the XB90EX?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-brainwavz-delta-r3-dual-dynamic-pg948-onkyo-phones-pg-904-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/2715

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-brainwavz-delta-r3-dual-dynamic-pg948-onkyo-phones-pg-904-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/3945


Edited by d marc0 - 10/17/13 at 4:46pm
post #569 of 3252

Do the xb90ex share the same signature as the bassos and the cks1000?

post #570 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

Do the xb90ex share the same signature as the bassos and the cks1000?

Dsnuts is the best guy for that question. PM him...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM