or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 35

post #511 of 3252

I just preordered the XBA-H3 as a replacement for my old SuperFi 5 EB but am not sure about the 40 ohm impedance as far i remember the SuperFi 5 EB was around 11-13ohms. Since the portable gear is a custom made rig working with a mixture of mobile and PMP insides not sure how it would handle 40ohm impedance was just wondering what i should expect??

 

The audio board is a heavily modified one which originally belonged to a Sony X10i phone so similar limitations would exist in terms of impedance.

post #512 of 3252

I ordered the H3, too. For 224€ so 302$ or 189 GBP. Have a look in the education store of Sony. It should arrive on 29th of october and as I ordered directly at sony I guess you won´t get it anywhere else faster... Im totally excited, I never spent so much money on a earphone :-O

post #513 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
 

I ordered the H3, too. For 224€ so 302$ or 189 GBP. Have a look in the education store of Sony. It should arrive on 29th of october and as I ordered directly at sony I guess you won´t get it anywhere else faster... Im totally excited, I never spent so much money on a earphone :-O

Wow £189 is a very good price. Showing as £239.21 (uk education store) for me..


Edited by zaim - 10/15/13 at 1:22pm
post #514 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post

I just preordered the XBA-H3 as a replacement for my old SuperFi 5 EB but am not sure about the 40 ohm impedance as far i remember the SuperFi 5 EB was around 11-13ohms. Since the portable gear is a custom made rig working with a mixture of mobile and PMP insides not sure how it would handle 40ohm impedance was just wondering what i should expect??

The audio board is a heavily modified one which originally belonged to a Sony X10i phone so similar limitations would exist in terms of impedance.

shouldn't be a problem. 40 ohm isn't something to be scared of... also, if you spend so much money on an earphone, you might as well get something like a fiio x3 or x5 or iBasso Dx50...
post #515 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


shouldn't be a problem. 40 ohm isn't something to be scared of... also, if you spend so much money on an earphone, you might as well get something like a fiio x3 or x5 or iBasso Dx50...

 

I like low profile not to mention it does have a very good hardware build up resulting in a great note that a amp might spoil. I am not very sure what 40ohm will result in maybe lower sound or no difference at all only time will tell.

post #516 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
 

 

I like low profile not to mention it does have a very good hardware build up resulting in a great note that a amp might spoil. I am not very sure what 40ohm will result in maybe lower sound or no difference at all only time will tell.

AMP shouldn't spoil it. if anything, it should improve sound. more energy = more control. even if the volume levels stay the same, it will sound different (most probably better)

 

here's a funny thing: DX50 for example, sends most milliwats at 40ohm resistance. lower resistance phones will get  less power...

post #517 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
 

I ordered the H3, too. For 224€ so 302$ or 189 GBP. Have a look in the education store of Sony. It should arrive on 29th of october and as I ordered directly at sony I guess you won´t get it anywhere else faster... Im totally excited, I never spent so much money on a earphone :-O

 

Which country sony store is this? Are you sure you got that price, seems real cheap, help us get on it if it for real! post a link please.

post #518 of 3252
So about this hybrid stuff, what will be the difference in sound? For instance with my xba3 its a BA, with the addition of a DD what will actually sound different or better?
post #519 of 3252
I have the xba-h1's now and I'm listening to them while I have my lunch. So straight out of the box, no burn in so here goes my thoughts.

Out of the box these are the best cans I've used. I've had Muse, The Louis Lester Band, Andrea Bocelli, some dance, classical tunes and whatever I can throw at them. And this is first 30 mins only.

I love the tone. Mid and treble is excellent. Bass is how I like. Punchy. Personally I wouldn't buy the more expensive version after hearing these. Using them straight out of my iPhone 5S. I also wouldn't bother amping these with the iPhone 5S.

I would describe these as musical too. Quite taken aback to be honest. More later.

Want to know about a particular tune just ask as well.
post #520 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl View Post

I have the xba-h1's now and I'm listening to them while I have my lunch. So straight out of the box, no burn in so here goes my thoughts.

Out of the box these are the best cans I've used. I've had Muse, The Louis Lester Band, Andrea Bocelli, some dance, classical tunes and whatever I can throw at them. And this is first 30 mins only.

I love the tone. Mid and treble is excellent. Bass is how I like. Punchy. Personally I wouldn't buy the more expensive version after hearing these. Using them straight out of my iPhone 5S. I also wouldn't bother amping these with the iPhone 5S.

I would describe these as musical too. Quite taken aback to be honest. More later.

Want to know about a particular tune just ask as well.

If you can leave some comparison impressions with other iems in the same price range, that you own ofc, would be awesome.


Edited by n0str3ss - 10/16/13 at 5:46am
post #521 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl View Post

I have the xba-h1's now and I'm listening to them while I have my lunch. So straight out of the box, no burn in so here goes my thoughts.

Out of the box these are the best cans I've used. I've had Muse, The Louis Lester Band, Andrea Bocelli, some dance, classical tunes and whatever I can throw at them. And this is first 30 mins only.

I love the tone. Mid and treble is excellent. Bass is how I like. Punchy. Personally I wouldn't buy the more expensive version after hearing these. Using them straight out of my iPhone 5S. I also wouldn't bother amping these with the iPhone 5S.

I would describe these as musical too. Quite taken aback to be honest. More later.

Want to know about a particular tune just ask as well.

They are so suspiciously good, it's hard to think what Sony have done in the H2 and H3, because changing anything would make the overall balance worse. I assume the larger dynamic drivers (13.5mm for the H2 and 16.5mm for the H3) will push the bass emphasis lower down, and the extra BA in the H3 is simply to compensate and correct the changes in the rest of the spectrum.

I've been rocking them exclusively for the last four days and they still surprise me. This is what I always imagined technological progress in IEMs would sound like, not the ever increasing number of BAs that, to be honest, sound mostly the same. Hybrids are definitely the future.

Unparallelled price too.


EK
Edited by evilking - 10/16/13 at 5:34am
post #522 of 3252
Missing some Sony in my life and this is looking promising. Looking forward to more impressions that will inevitably hurt my wallet.
post #523 of 3252
Definitely getting the H1. Looks like I'll be having a merry Xmas this December!
post #524 of 3252

only if the h1 was over ear and had detachable cables...

post #525 of 3252
Fit is everything. Tried the medium foam filled tips and the bass vanished. Tried the large foam tips. Better. But the non foam tips give me huge bass. So these stay. Will try comply tips later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM