- 61 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement cable for Sony XBA-H3 earphones? Last post on 4/10/14 at 2:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narmoo! What is that? NEW iem from New company the RIM. Last post on 3/31/14 at 6:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Impressions of Sony XBA H3 IEM Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone own both the Sennheiser IE 80 and Sony XBA-H1? Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for replacing my UE tf 10 Pro Last post on 3/19/14 at 3:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually according to Adorama they will receive the phones from manufacturer during the 4th week of this month.
If you look at the Amazon UK page for the H1, even though it said available 10th Oct, it is now saying dispatch will take 1-3 months! So basically I am more inclined to believe the amazon Japan release date of 25th Oct. Argh more waiting...
Pics and impressions when it arrives. I'm hoping it will replace the atrio mg7 as my budget/street/travel IEMs.
nice, really looking forward to the comparison with the atrio!
Personally I don't like the black/red color thingy for the cables. The color combo looks low-fi. The H3 better sounds better than the EX1000, which I have some doubt giving how Sony is pricing these phones. I hope I am wrong.
I'm not super keen on the black / red either, but then again I wasn't keen on it on the MDR-1R and I think it turned out okay 'in the flesh' so to speak.
I´m reading here since 2 weeks and as in germany no one cares about the hybrid series I created an account, just because of these iems :)
I had a lot of in ears, but mostly cheap ones. The best, i ever had was the XBA 2. Its hard to describe, but actually i liked the pause better then the music. So with dynamical headphones and cheap BAs every sound is like a hill and ba sounds more like ! --- i dont know, its hard to explain.
So thats why i am looking really forward to a better one. I allready liked the bass of the XBA2 and i thought about buying the XBA 4, as it is even better and a lot of people wrote the bass is deeper, faster and overall better then Denon AHD 5000 (for 800$). But as the XBA H3 should be even better then XBA4 and is in the same price range, im really excited.
BUT I have some doubts:
I really like the fast punches of BAs, especially in the Bass I like music like sesto sento, eskimo, infected mushrooms... so music with a fast, punching bass. I am affraid, that a dynamic driver will more sound like a wobbel bass of dnb or hip-hop. So the worst would be a deep bass which is putting a drone soudn over it all.
PS: Could someone explain me what "poridge" means as highlight of a headphone? I just know it as a food and then it would exactly mean what would be the worst for me: a mixed, blurred overall sound
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 14 seconds ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 32 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 33 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › Speaker wire for AC power cord 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TE-05 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophilleo 2, IFI IUSB, Audiobyte Hydra-X impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 14 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob