- 64 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Newbie Review] Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noble 3C vs CE BA4 Last post on 8/7/14 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually according to Adorama they will receive the phones from manufacturer during the 4th week of this month.
If you look at the Amazon UK page for the H1, even though it said available 10th Oct, it is now saying dispatch will take 1-3 months! So basically I am more inclined to believe the amazon Japan release date of 25th Oct. Argh more waiting...
Pics and impressions when it arrives. I'm hoping it will replace the atrio mg7 as my budget/street/travel IEMs.
nice, really looking forward to the comparison with the atrio!
Personally I don't like the black/red color thingy for the cables. The color combo looks low-fi. The H3 better sounds better than the EX1000, which I have some doubt giving how Sony is pricing these phones. I hope I am wrong.
I'm not super keen on the black / red either, but then again I wasn't keen on it on the MDR-1R and I think it turned out okay 'in the flesh' so to speak.
I´m reading here since 2 weeks and as in germany no one cares about the hybrid series I created an account, just because of these iems :)
I had a lot of in ears, but mostly cheap ones. The best, i ever had was the XBA 2. Its hard to describe, but actually i liked the pause better then the music. So with dynamical headphones and cheap BAs every sound is like a hill and ba sounds more like ! --- i dont know, its hard to explain.
So thats why i am looking really forward to a better one. I allready liked the bass of the XBA2 and i thought about buying the XBA 4, as it is even better and a lot of people wrote the bass is deeper, faster and overall better then Denon AHD 5000 (for 800$). But as the XBA H3 should be even better then XBA4 and is in the same price range, im really excited.
BUT I have some doubts:
I really like the fast punches of BAs, especially in the Bass I like music like sesto sento, eskimo, infected mushrooms... so music with a fast, punching bass. I am affraid, that a dynamic driver will more sound like a wobbel bass of dnb or hip-hop. So the worst would be a deep bass which is putting a drone soudn over it all.
PS: Could someone explain me what "poridge" means as highlight of a headphone? I just know it as a food and then it would exactly mean what would be the worst for me: a mixed, blurred overall sound
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Schiit SYS 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › FS: JDSLabs Standalone ODAC 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)