- 73 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 3/3/15 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually according to Adorama they will receive the phones from manufacturer during the 4th week of this month.
If you look at the Amazon UK page for the H1, even though it said available 10th Oct, it is now saying dispatch will take 1-3 months! So basically I am more inclined to believe the amazon Japan release date of 25th Oct. Argh more waiting...
Pics and impressions when it arrives. I'm hoping it will replace the atrio mg7 as my budget/street/travel IEMs.
nice, really looking forward to the comparison with the atrio!
Personally I don't like the black/red color thingy for the cables. The color combo looks low-fi. The H3 better sounds better than the EX1000, which I have some doubt giving how Sony is pricing these phones. I hope I am wrong.
I'm not super keen on the black / red either, but then again I wasn't keen on it on the MDR-1R and I think it turned out okay 'in the flesh' so to speak.
I´m reading here since 2 weeks and as in germany no one cares about the hybrid series I created an account, just because of these iems :)
I had a lot of in ears, but mostly cheap ones. The best, i ever had was the XBA 2. Its hard to describe, but actually i liked the pause better then the music. So with dynamical headphones and cheap BAs every sound is like a hill and ba sounds more like ! --- i dont know, its hard to explain.
So thats why i am looking really forward to a better one. I allready liked the bass of the XBA2 and i thought about buying the XBA 4, as it is even better and a lot of people wrote the bass is deeper, faster and overall better then Denon AHD 5000 (for 800$). But as the XBA H3 should be even better then XBA4 and is in the same price range, im really excited.
BUT I have some doubts:
I really like the fast punches of BAs, especially in the Bass I like music like sesto sento, eskimo, infected mushrooms... so music with a fast, punching bass. I am affraid, that a dynamic driver will more sound like a wobbel bass of dnb or hip-hop. So the worst would be a deep bass which is putting a drone soudn over it all.
PS: Could someone explain me what "poridge" means as highlight of a headphone? I just know it as a food and then it would exactly mean what would be the worst for me: a mixed, blurred overall sound
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 seconds ago
- › B&W p3 vs bose soundtrue (on ear) isolation and sound? 22 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 51 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 56 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 56 seconds ago
- › Israel-Lets meet! 2 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 2 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2