Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 26

post #376 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by egosumlux View Post
 

II wonder about the signature of the H3 , sony Uk page states that it has a 16mm dynamic HD super tweeter and it sounds actually like a strange choice for BA's usually cannot produce full bass response so I think this bad boy may sound a little anemic to some ears.

 

Wow really? Dynamic driver isn't for bass? It could be a full range dynamic, but I doubt they would just use BA for bass.

post #377 of 2904
It's a typo
post #378 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post
 

Does anyone think the H1 and H3 will be like the XBA1 and XBA3 in the sense that the 3 is WAY better than the 1?

 

I am tempted to get the H1 as its pretty cheap considering but I wonder what the sound will be like. Like would it be on par with my current XBA3 or more on par with the XBA1.

 

The H1 might do some things better than the XBA3, such as bass and mids, but the XBA3 might have an advantage in sound stage and treble (only guesses based on their driver setups) Either way H1 should be on par or better than the XBA3. The H1 will definitely be better than the XBA2 in every way.

 

I have a mighty good feeling bout the H3, From the impressions we have seen so far it is sounding like a killer earphone, It looks to have excellent bass quality and extension, but maybe just a bit more in quantity than the EX1000, which I welcome :) The mids may be very slightly recessed, but I have no doubt the quality will be insanely lush thanks to the dynamic and BA overlap. The treble is sounding to be on the right path with nice extension and no recession, I just hope they have completely revised the Treble BA from the Previous XBA series because it wasn't very good at all in terms of timbre though. And the sound stage is sounding like it will be all encompassing and massive.

 

H3 is the one to get for pure musical nirvana, but it is massive earphone and I can see some people having fit and comfort issues. The H1 is really a great buy as well because it looks to be much more comfortable and small, better for portability, if in doubt get both and use the H1 as your ultra portable and the H3 as semi-portable :P I might do that hehe.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 10/8/13 at 6:58pm
post #379 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

The H1 might do some things better than the XBA3, such as bass and mids, but the XBA3 might have an advantage in sound stage and treble (only guesses based on their driver setups) Either way H1 should be on par or better than the XBA3. The H1 will definitely be better than the XBA2 in every way.

 

I have a mighty good feeling bout the H3, From the impressions we have seen so far it is sounding like a killer earphone, It looks to have excellent bass quality and extension, but maybe just a bit more in quantity than the EX1000, which I welcome :) The mids may be very slightly recessed, but I have no doubt the quality will be insanely lush thanks to the dynamic and BA overlap. The treble is sounding to be on the right path with nice extension and no recession, I just hope they have completely revised the Treble BA from the Previous XBA series because it wasn't very good at all in terms of timbre though. And the sound stage is sounding like it will be all encompassing and massive.

 

H3 is the one to get for pure musical nirvana, but it is massive earphone and I can see some people having fit and comfort issues. The H1 is really a great buy as well because it looks to be much more comfortable and small, better for portability, if in doubt get both and use the H1 as your ultra portable and the H3 as semi-portable :P I might do that hehe.

 

Well I think the H3 looks great but its too much for me, the H1 however I can afford, thing is I am looking to upgrade my XBA-3 and it makes no sense to get the H1 if it does not outperform the 3, with that being said I really like the look of the H1 as well as the fact that it is a normal fit iem, no over the ear stuff.

 

Right now im debating the 7550, perhaps I'll wait to the H1 comes out, see what people say then go for either the H1 or 7550.

post #380 of 2904

sub'd

post #381 of 2904

H-1 physically can not be better then xba3.

post #382 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

H-1 physically can not be better then xba3.

 

Why do you say that?

post #383 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

H-1 physically can not be better then xba3.

Makes no sense, the H100 uses the same config and it's on par. One dynamic driver usually even has more bandwidth than 2 BAs. 

post #384 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

Makes no sense, the H100 uses the same config and it's on par. One dynamic driver usually even has more bandwidth than 2 BAs. 

I listened to H-100 it's lax iem has a sound level like re-400, I did not understand for what's to pay 150$ the sound is not worth the money. I hope that sony xba h-1 will be better.


Edited by stimer - 10/9/13 at 12:55pm
post #385 of 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post

I listened to H-100 it's lax iem has a sound level like re-400, I did not understand for what's to pay 150$ the sound is not worth the money. I hope that sony xba h-1 will be better.
To be fair I think the re400 is a great iem (amazing detail), it just needs a tad more clarity.

If it is like the re400 but with bass I would not say thats a bad things..
post #386 of 2904

H100 should be around 100$ but same goes for XBA3, I personally prefer the H100 when modded, no way is it not physically possible for a single BA/dynamic to outperform the XBA3. 

post #387 of 2904

Ok so how about the H1 compared to the re400? how do you think it will differ?

 

I bought the XBA1 at $100 and was hugely disappointed, the XBA3 blows it out the water.

 

The re400 was good in all aspects except it sounded kinda muffled compared to the XBA3, the detail was better though.

 

Overall I stayed with the xba3 for the sound and build quality but the re400 is very capable and It could be my main iem for sure if I had no choice,

 

If the XBA-H1 is on par or better than these 2 I think I might get them, the H3 will probably sound badass but its a bit too much $$$ for me right now, I also like how the H1 is a regular fit iem, I dont like over the ear iem.

post #388 of 2904
Best thing to do is to wait
post #389 of 2904
Yea they come out this month so I will just wait for inpressions.
post #390 of 2904

the sound xba H-1 in details will be between re-400 and xba-3

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM