or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 142

post #2116 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

These h3 are huge. I look like Frankenstein wearing them, but fortunately the sound is so amazing I feel like a transdimentional space goat hovering through a alternate audiophile universe.

They're not as bulky with an aftermarket cable smily_headphones1.gif
post #2117 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

They're not as bulky with an aftermarket cable smily_headphones1.gif
And where can I find such a cable? Amazon and eBay have nothing. Thanks in advance.
post #2118 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

These h3 are huge. I look like Frankenstein wearing them, but fortunately the sound is so amazing I feel like a transdimentional space goat hovering through a alternate audiophile universe.

Did you just toss down a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? Say hello to my old buddy Zaphod Beeblebrox.

post #2119 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Did you just toss down a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? Say hello to my old buddy Zaphod Beeblebrox.
I'm listening to my h3, visualizing my goat self prancing through a field of grass and music notes, eating them as I prance to the beat.
post #2120 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

And where can I find such a cable? Amazon and eBay have nothing. Thanks in advance.

I use a cheap Logitech UE900 replacement cable. You can buy one from their spare parts department.

I posted a picture a little while back with that cable. It should be one of the latest pictures in this thread.
post #2121 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


I'm listening to my h3, visualizing my goat self prancing through a field of grass and music notes, eating them as I prance to the beat.

When you get hungry, you can always roast the goat while listening to your H3's.

post #2122 of 3252
post #2123 of 3252

Ok, I just bit the bullet and ordered a pair, how do the H3's pair with the Fiio X3?

post #2124 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrophonic View Post

Ok, I just bit the bullet and ordered a pair, how do the H3's pair with the Fiio X3?
The x3 is a warm sounding amp if I remember correctly, and the h3 is a warm iem. Still it should sound excellent. If it's not as bright as you would like it responds well to eq adjustments.

Imagine a great balanced and non sibilant pair of dual balanced armature IEMs, now add a 16 mm dynamic driver as a dedicated sub woofer to compliment them. It's the closest thing to a 3 way tower speaker and dedicated sub woofer as I have ever heard.

Expect a very detailed and articulate slight v signature with powerful and phenomenal bass. Separation and depth are superior to gr07 BE and dn-1000, and less sibilant. Their sound is truly addicting. After a long listening session with these, going back to anything else I own makes them seen thin, flat, and sibilant.

These are gems if you are looking for a powerhouse of an iem, and enjoy a signature similar to the ath-m50.

Enjoy!
post #2125 of 3252
OK, I thought I was done with the Sony XBA train, but not quite. I was getting ready to possibly buy the NAD Viso HP50 from a store and parked in the Sony parking lot. Then decided to quickly check out the Sony store. While in store the only thing that interested me was the H3. It turns out Sony will take bake returns and the salesman sweetened the deal by offering $25 off so I said let's do it! Then got to the till and lo and behold they were on sale for $250 so suddenly they were $75 cheaper than expected and the salesman still gave me the $25 off deal. Bringing the price down to only $225!!! I ended up buying a 2yr accidental replacement warranty (accidentally washed 2 IEM's this year so thought the warranty might be worth it! Plus I can give the warranty away if I sell these) all for only $280 and that included taxes.

I actually opened them right in the store.

First listen I was wondering if I would be just asking for a refund. The bass was a bit overwhelming and the treble seemed to subdued. But pulled out my handy bag of tips and found some wide mouth long neck tips and BAM the sound opened up.

So far I have only listed to Patricia Barber's Smash and Rush's Spirit of the Radio and they sound very good.

I have owned the EX1000 and the MDR-7550 and the H3 straddle both of those IEM's for treble response which is just about perfect as the EX1000 was to strident and the 7550 just a bit to relaxed. The bass on these is starting to settle down and mids are starting to open up so I am confident they will just improve over text couple of days.

These easily trump the H1 in every way. I think these may be my end game IEM! I will be reviewing some Rockjaw gear sometime in the next couple of weeks, so depending on which gear they send me and how it stacks up my opinion may change but for now I am very impressed with these.
post #2126 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post


These easily trump the H1 in every way. I think these may be my end game IEM! I will be reviewing some Rockjaw gear sometime in the next couple of weeks, so depending on which gear they send me and how it stacks up my opinion may change but for now I am very impressed with these.

Would be nice if you could compare RockJaw IEM to the Sony H3 popcorn.gif The pair that they sent me was actually very impressive xD they going around my local audiophile friends for more fun xD
post #2127 of 3252
Very nice dweaver! I've had these for quite a while and have been VERY content on not purchasing anything else. They're actually the reason I returned the MOE, as I always found myself reaching for these ALL the time.

Get yourself a replacement UE900 cable from Logitech to reduce the bulkiness. Only $22 including shipping and has a warranty.

P.S. I have yet to try any wide bore tips. Looking at getting some ortofons
post #2128 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

OK, I thought I was done with the Sony XBA train, but not quite. I was getting ready to possibly buy the NAD Viso HP50 from a store and parked in the Sony parking lot. Then decided to quickly check out the Sony store. While in store the only thing that interested me was the H3. It turns out Sony will take bake returns and the salesman sweetened the deal by offering $25 off so I said let's do it! Then got to the till and lo and behold they were on sale for $250 so suddenly they were $75 cheaper than expected and the salesman still gave me the $25 off deal. Bringing the price down to only $225!!! I ended up buying a 2yr accidental replacement warranty (accidentally washed 2 IEM's this year so thought the warranty might be worth it! Plus I can give the warranty away if I sell these) all for only $280 and that included taxes.

I actually opened them right in the store.

First listen I was wondering if I would be just asking for a refund. The bass was a bit overwhelming and the treble seemed to subdued. But pulled out my handy bag of tips and found some wide mouth long neck tips and BAM the sound opened up.

So far I have only listed to Patricia Barber's Smash and Rush's Spirit of the Radio and they sound very good.

I have owned the EX1000 and the MDR-7550 and the H3 straddle both of those IEM's for treble response which is just about perfect as the EX1000 was to strident and the 7550 just a bit to relaxed. The bass on these is starting to settle down and mids are starting to open up so I am confident they will just improve over text couple of days.

These easily trump the H1 in every way. I think these may be my end game IEM! I will be reviewing some Rockjaw gear sometime in the next couple of weeks, so depending on which gear they send me and how it stacks up my opinion may change but for now I am very impressed with these.
it's amazing just how much bass these things pump out and still have articulate and detailed mids and highs (that are non sibilant), and with a Soundstage width and depth that you don't normally get out of an iem.

Honestly it makes listening to most single driver dynamic iems sound thin, muddy, and sibilant. Definitely and end game for me, at least for a good while.
post #2129 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


it's amazing just how much bass these things pump out and still have articulate and detailed mids and highs (that are non sibilant), and with a Soundstage width and depth that you don't normally get out of an iem.

Honestly it makes listening to most single driver dynamic iems sound thin, muddy, and sibilant. Definitely and end game for me, at least for a good while.

 

The lowly H1's made me realize that I could never go single-driver again. I sit with me SE535s now, but I know full well that in another life, were things not as they are, I might have snagged the H3 instead. 

post #2130 of 3252
The Rock jaw's will definitely be compared especially if I get the Kontrol model. I kinda am pulling for Rock jaw, I like their attitude and I always like small companies. But I will also be careful to balance their price to performance ratio as the Kontrol is cheaper in price. But I also am not sure what I will be reviewing so can not say for sure.

I am loving the big bass while not losing the mids and treble detail.

This is my third hangar style IEM from Sony and I have to say I quite like the design. They may look like frankenbolts but they sire don't feel like them! I think these are more like the 7550 than the EX1000 which is good as I found the longer nose of the EX1000 to long and coincidentally slightly less stable in ear.

One thing I have not been able to ascertain is whether they suffer the same wind noise issue, hopefully the BA construction helps reduce this issue. Overall though I am very impressed so far.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM