or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 141

post #2101 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Yeah at $25 there's NO way to complain, LOL.

 

I have to admit I can't see how these are too bassy for anyone. Not that they're bass light, but to my ears they're just, y'know... flattish with maybe a touch more sibilance than I'd prefer, at least out of the box.


actually before i got these i has brainwavz m3 which have almost nil bass so i was not used to better bass.............but anyways i returned these and got a walkman instead,,,,next month i got gr07 mk2 and i think i made a nice decision.

 

h1 were at 120$ at that time and i got my mk2 for like 140$,,,so i am glad i made that decision anyways.

but yeah if i listened to them now i think the bass was fine,,,it was just i was not prepared at that time

post #2102 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


actually before i got these i has brainwavz m3 which have almost nil bass so i was not used to better bass.............but anyways i returned these and got a walkman instead,,,,next month i got gr07 mk2 and i think i made a nice decision.

 

h1 were at 120$ at that time and i got my mk2 for like 140$,,,so i am glad i made that decision anyways.

but yeah if i listened to them now i think the bass was fine,,,it was just i was not prepared at that time

 

Excellent point. My over-ear cans are the Pandoras and the M100 and my last IEMs were the Atrios MG7, all of which are known for power in the bass. The H1 by comparison is very tame at the bottom. If I'd been coming from elsewhere, dang.

post #2103 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Excellent point. My over-ear cans are the Pandoras and the M100 and my last IEMs were the Atrios MG7, all of which are known for power in the bass. The H1 by comparison is very tame at the bottom. If I'd been coming from elsewhere, dang.


i have pro coppers and gr07 at the moment...............imagine the difference between the two,lol

 

monsters are like having a woofer in ur ear!!

post #2104 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

Yeah at $25 there's NO way to complain, LOL.

 

I have to admit I can't see how these are too bassy for anyone. Not that they're bass light, but to my ears they're just, y'know... flattish with maybe a touch more sibilance than I'd prefer, at least out of the box.

That's EXACTLY my feeling... and - because the isolation isn't the best, coupled with wind noise - the bass can often get swallowed. I've just ordered some foam ear plug to make custom tips to see if it helps the bass much.

post #2105 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketbaby View Post
 

That's EXACTLY my feeling... and - because the isolation isn't the best, coupled with wind noise - the bass can often get swallowed. I've just ordered some foam ear plug to make custom tips to see if it helps the bass much.

 

Let us know what happens. I've been using the gel-filled tips and thought they isolated decently well. 

post #2106 of 3252

Will do. I've found the normal silicone (small) tips to be the best for me. The hybrids were far too sibilant... These are the first headphones / earphones I've had in a long while (since Pro 900) that have actually got some top end - it's taking a while to get used to.

 

I think it's about time i upgraded my source from my iPhone. A decent built-in EQ might do wonders. Can anyone comment how these react to boosting the bottom-end from a decent DAP? 

 

I'm going to fire up Cubase 7 and get a warm parametric EQ on for a tester. I think I'll get different results outdoors, though.

post #2107 of 3252
Maybe try some Comply ISO plus tips to tame the highs a little?
post #2108 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketbaby View Post
 

Will do. I've found the normal silicone (small) tips to be the best for me. The hybrids were far too sibilant... These are the first headphones / earphones I've had in a long while (since Pro 900) that have actually got some top end - it's taking a while to get used to.

 

I think it's about time i upgraded my source from my iPhone. A decent built-in EQ might do wonders. Can anyone comment how these react to boosting the bottom-end from a decent DAP? 

 

I'm going to fire up Cubase 7 and get a warm parametric EQ on for a tester. I think I'll get different results outdoors, though.

Neutron MP which has a parametric EQ is now avaliable on IOS. Perhaps that can save your iPhone. Unlike the XBA-3 or XBA-4, the impedance of the H1 or H3 is friendly for all iPhones.

post #2109 of 3252

Interesting that you said the hybrids were sibilant. I actually hadn't tried the standard silicones since I figured the hybrids would offer the right isolation by virtue of that gel insert.

 

Plugged into a Macbook Pro they're... really nice. I find the kick drums and bass guitar gets a lot of work in, there's nothing lacking. I think I've gotten lucky in that my ears are almost exactly "medium standard ear tip sized". I've not gone through a WHOLE lot of IEMs, but the ones I have tried always seemed to seal just fine. 

 

If the Comply make these wake up any further I can say that I'd have no reason to upgrade again because my main devices are my big over-ear cans, these are for the few instances I can't use those. 

post #2110 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Neutron MP which has a parametric EQ is now avaliable on IOS. Perhaps that can save your iPhone. Unlike the XBA-3 or XBA-4, the impedance of the H1 or H3 is friendly for all iPhones.

For £2.99 I'll give it a go. Especially useful since I have 8 hours of travelling tomorrow! I still think I'll update my DAP at the end of the month. Something with expandable memory.

 

Due a phone upgrade then, too, but it costs a small fortune to get a higher memory on contract. I'd much rather wait for an iPhone 6 which is just 16gb and pay for SD cards on a DAP

post #2111 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

Interesting that you said the hybrids were sibilant. I actually hadn't tried the standard silicones since I figured the hybrids would offer the right isolation by virtue of that gel insert.

 

Plugged into a Macbook Pro they're... really nice. I find the kick drums and bass guitar gets a lot of work in, there's nothing lacking. I think I've gotten lucky in that my ears are almost exactly "medium standard ear tip sized". I've not gone through a WHOLE lot of IEMs, but the ones I have tried always seemed to seal just fine. 

 

If the Comply make these wake up any further I can say that I'd have no reason to upgrade again because my main devices are my big over-ear cans, these are for the few instances I can't use those. 

I must admit that I've got small ear canals. The best fit I've ever had was the small double-flange tips with the IE8(0). Amazing isolation, amazing sound... uncomfortable after a few hours, though. The XBA foam tips (even small) kept coming loose.

 

I was going to get some Complys, having never tried them before, but too many people complain they fall apart. Thought I'd take a punt on some cheap ear plugs from Amazon.


Edited by cricketbaby - 6/10/14 at 2:17pm
post #2112 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketbaby View Post
 

For £2.99 I'll give it a go. Especially useful since I have 8 hours of travelling tomorrow! I still think I'll update my DAP at the end of the month. Something with expandable memory.

 

Due a phone upgrade then, too, but it costs a small fortune to get a higher memory on contract. I'd much rather wait for an iPhone 6 which is just 16gb and pay for SD cards on a DAP

You'll have to get used to the user interface. The SQ is first rate and the parametric EQ works rather nicely.

post #2113 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

You'll have to get used to the user interface. The SQ is first rate and the parametric EQ works rather nicely.

 

Downloading now... I'll get to try it out over a long period on a train tomorrow with a fair bit of ambient noise. Should make a decent test :bigsmile_face:

post #2114 of 3252
So the Comply 500 fit these. I'll keep it short. Use them if you have them.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
post #2115 of 3252
These h3 are huge. I look like Frankenstein wearing them, but fortunately the sound is so amazing I feel like a transdimentional space goat hovering through a alternate audiophile universe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM