Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 13

post #181 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post












Come to daddy son! Come!!!! XD
post #182 of 2434

Considering the driver complement they're not unreasonably bulky.  Form follows function here.

post #183 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post


It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.

A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.

I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.

The cost of 2 BAs is more than just a metal housing i think, cheap iems have metal housing as well. In term of tuning, metal shell means squat at times, yes it's less resonating but the effecs are far overstating and used mostly for marketing. The 20$ all plastic EX210 has no more resonance than the EX1000....matter of fact it may have a bit less....
post #184 of 2434

It looks beautiful...but the price is.. T_T

post #185 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

The cost of 2 BAs is more than just a metal housing i think, cheap iems have metal housing as well. In term of tuning, metal shell means squat at times, yes it's less resonating but the effecs are far overstating and used mostly for marketing. The 20$ all plastic EX210 has no more resonance than the EX1000....matter of fact it may have a bit less....

 

Definitely agree that metal housings are not expensive. My personal feeling is that ALL expensive earphones should be using a metal housing, and above a certain price they should all be one piece designs. The benefits in terms of durability alone are worth it. 

post #186 of 2434

these look like XB90EX - partially plastic, partially metal. XB90EX feels like a tank and this will be the same. no need to worry about build quality imo. oh and if it were made completely out of plastic, weight would go up considerably and that's not very good imo, especially for the non over ear designs....

post #187 of 2434

wait, did anyone actually try these yet? kind of skimmed through comments and didn't see any info about it. very curious, as EX1000 was highly capable.

post #188 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
 

wait, did anyone actually try these yet? kind of skimmed through comments and didn't see any info about it. very curious, as EX1000 was highly capable.

Not unless someone got a special pair to review. They don't come out until December iirc.

post #189 of 2434

The H1 is popping up in various places. Should be about a month here in the U.S.

http://www.abt.com/product/72581/Sony-XBAH1.html  has nice pics and the manual and specs downloads available.

 

You can pre-order the H3 here already if you so choose.

http://www.adorama.com/SOXBAH3.html

 

This explains the housing better for those who aren't sure about plastic or Magnesium use...

 

"Vibration Suppression Housing

A special sandwich consisting of a magnesium inner housing and ABS exterior provides the necessary rigidity for smooth frequency response and vibration suppression for clear mid-high range sound reproduction."


Edited by jant71 - 9/11/13 at 3:32pm
post #190 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

Not unless someone got a special pair to review. They don't come out until December iirc.

 

oh I was thinking based on the pictures that were posted. maybe someone in Japan at some show or whatnot?

post #191 of 2434
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

Not unless someone got a special pair to review. They don't come out until December iirc.

 

I believe that the first impressions from Japanese sources indicate that the XBA-H series are available for public demo at Sony store Nagoya.

 

Also I can confirm that a close friend of mine said they are also available to demo at the Ginza Sony Store. Here's a pic  that was sent to me of the display at Ginza:

 


Edited by xjaynine - 9/12/13 at 1:49am
post #192 of 2434
Thread Starter 
Double Post. Sorry :-(

Edited by xjaynine - 9/12/13 at 1:50am
post #193 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post


It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.

A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.

I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.

The cost of 2 BAs is more than just a metal housing i think, cheap iems have metal housing as well. In term of tuning, metal shell means squat at times, yes it's less resonating but the effecs are far overstating and used mostly for marketing. The 20$ all plastic EX210 has no more resonance than the EX1000....matter of fact it may have a bit less....

 

The nice thing about Sony is that we can contact the engineers directly and ask them specifics about the design and the reasons for their choices. I wouldn't be surprised if people simply expect metal in the design though.

post #194 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

 

The nice thing about Sony is that we can contact the engineers directly and ask them specifics about the design and the reasons for their choices. 

 

Really? How do you do that?

post #195 of 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Really? How do you do that?

Interested too! popcorn.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM