just paid for a set of EX1000 after hearing them in the Sony Store in Tokyo. This, however, has piqued my interest. Any word on a US release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for recommendation for budget 350usd Last post on 7/6/14 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Newbie Review] Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sony won't do different driver types in a monitor phones cause that could lead to incoherence between the types. I believe all the monitors they have done are one driver. Improvements could be made to the sound of the 7750 just as improvements can be made to the ETY ER4 but the mindset behind them and the design purpose will keep these phones the way they are. I might be on the same side as you as I like normally what a monitor sounds like but usually want a bigger stage and more extension than they are usually given.
On the "everyone is jumping on the bandwagon" thing. Sony has always been there. The EX700 was quite a pricey phone when released, as was the EX100 when it came later on. They had the Qualia MDR-EXQ1 for $279 back almost ten years ago now. If the implication was that Sony is jumping on now I don't think that is quite the case.
I feel the insertion/isolation is going to be better on these than XBA-3 & XBA-4.
These newer ones have a distance from the base of the tip to the circular housing of the drivers.
XBA 3 & 4 dont have that distance resulting in an impinging pain near the ears outer canal.(for me that was a problem)
It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.
A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.
I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can anyone recommend a good pair of head phones for less then $500... 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)