just paid for a set of EX1000 after hearing them in the Sony Store in Tokyo. This, however, has piqued my interest. Any word on a US release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 8/2/15 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sony won't do different driver types in a monitor phones cause that could lead to incoherence between the types. I believe all the monitors they have done are one driver. Improvements could be made to the sound of the 7750 just as improvements can be made to the ETY ER4 but the mindset behind them and the design purpose will keep these phones the way they are. I might be on the same side as you as I like normally what a monitor sounds like but usually want a bigger stage and more extension than they are usually given.
On the "everyone is jumping on the bandwagon" thing. Sony has always been there. The EX700 was quite a pricey phone when released, as was the EX100 when it came later on. They had the Qualia MDR-EXQ1 for $279 back almost ten years ago now. If the implication was that Sony is jumping on now I don't think that is quite the case.
I feel the insertion/isolation is going to be better on these than XBA-3 & XBA-4.
These newer ones have a distance from the base of the tip to the circular housing of the drivers.
XBA 3 & 4 dont have that distance resulting in an impinging pain near the ears outer canal.(for me that was a problem)
It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.
A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.
I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Social friction is normal 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 5 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3