just paid for a set of EX1000 after hearing them in the Sony Store in Tokyo. This, however, has piqued my interest. Any word on a US release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Newbie Review] Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 6/4/14 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noble 3C vs CE BA4 Last post on 8/7/14 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K701 vs MDR 7550 vs XBA H3? Last post on 5/19/14 at 10:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sony won't do different driver types in a monitor phones cause that could lead to incoherence between the types. I believe all the monitors they have done are one driver. Improvements could be made to the sound of the 7750 just as improvements can be made to the ETY ER4 but the mindset behind them and the design purpose will keep these phones the way they are. I might be on the same side as you as I like normally what a monitor sounds like but usually want a bigger stage and more extension than they are usually given.
On the "everyone is jumping on the bandwagon" thing. Sony has always been there. The EX700 was quite a pricey phone when released, as was the EX100 when it came later on. They had the Qualia MDR-EXQ1 for $279 back almost ten years ago now. If the implication was that Sony is jumping on now I don't think that is quite the case.
I feel the insertion/isolation is going to be better on these than XBA-3 & XBA-4.
These newer ones have a distance from the base of the tip to the circular housing of the drivers.
XBA 3 & 4 dont have that distance resulting in an impinging pain near the ears outer canal.(for me that was a problem)
It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.
A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.
I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Basically all the Bose bashing is baseless. 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 55 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-900 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)