just paid for a set of EX1000 after hearing them in the Sony Store in Tokyo. This, however, has piqued my interest. Any word on a US release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sony won't do different driver types in a monitor phones cause that could lead to incoherence between the types. I believe all the monitors they have done are one driver. Improvements could be made to the sound of the 7750 just as improvements can be made to the ETY ER4 but the mindset behind them and the design purpose will keep these phones the way they are. I might be on the same side as you as I like normally what a monitor sounds like but usually want a bigger stage and more extension than they are usually given.
On the "everyone is jumping on the bandwagon" thing. Sony has always been there. The EX700 was quite a pricey phone when released, as was the EX100 when it came later on. They had the Qualia MDR-EXQ1 for $279 back almost ten years ago now. If the implication was that Sony is jumping on now I don't think that is quite the case.
I feel the insertion/isolation is going to be better on these than XBA-3 & XBA-4.
These newer ones have a distance from the base of the tip to the circular housing of the drivers.
XBA 3 & 4 dont have that distance resulting in an impinging pain near the ears outer canal.(for me that was a problem)
It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.
A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.
I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Back-Electret/STAX 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2) 39 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3