just paid for a set of EX1000 after hearing them in the Sony Store in Tokyo. This, however, has piqued my interest. Any word on a US release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question Regarding FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier & Sony XBA H1 earphone Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help in buying XBA-H1 IEM Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H1 Hybrid IEM BA + Dynamic Driver (Like New) Last post on 11/15/13 at 3:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- sony xba-h1.................final impressions after burn in Last post on 11/1/13 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H1 Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 12
Sony won't do different driver types in a monitor phones cause that could lead to incoherence between the types. I believe all the monitors they have done are one driver. Improvements could be made to the sound of the 7750 just as improvements can be made to the ETY ER4 but the mindset behind them and the design purpose will keep these phones the way they are. I might be on the same side as you as I like normally what a monitor sounds like but usually want a bigger stage and more extension than they are usually given.
On the "everyone is jumping on the bandwagon" thing. Sony has always been there. The EX700 was quite a pricey phone when released, as was the EX100 when it came later on. They had the Qualia MDR-EXQ1 for $279 back almost ten years ago now. If the implication was that Sony is jumping on now I don't think that is quite the case.
I feel the insertion/isolation is going to be better on these than XBA-3 & XBA-4.
These newer ones have a distance from the base of the tip to the circular housing of the drivers.
XBA 3 & 4 dont have that distance resulting in an impinging pain near the ears outer canal.(for me that was a problem)
It's not that good pricing considering that the EX1000 is milled out of a single piece of magnesium alloy and I am pretty sure that the H3 is just plastic given that they haven't made a single mention of any special materials.
A more appropriate comparison would be with the EX600 and EX800ST / 7550 which have similar constructions and are both made of plastic.
I'm not implying that any of the manufacturers prices actually reflect the material cost of their products (haha) but with the EX1000 you had super premium pricing partly because they were doing something that almost no one else was doing (besides JVC, Final Audio and some others) in terms of the use of non resonant materials.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › Help with Upgrading from Hifimediy Sabre DAC 30 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 32 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 2 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe