Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 100

post #1486 of 2439

I'm listening to H3 right now.  Yes it is worth owning.  EX1000 has more space/air and more transparent, but the H3 is much easier to like and not as gear picky.

 

I may have to get the H2 as well just to see how it sounds since it seems to be the red headed step child.

Reply
post #1487 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

I'm listening to H3 right now.  Yes it is worth owning.  EX1000 has more space/air and more transparent, but the H3 is much easier to like and not as gear picky.

 

I may have to get the H2 as well just to see how it sounds since it seems to be the red headed step child.


Hey HiFiDood you mentioned that the XBA 3/30s made your ears sore cuz of the shape of the housing, does these H3s give you the same problem???

 

Just wondering cuz i have had similar fit/ soreness issues and since the housing of the new H3s are so similar in shape as the old XBA3s so.....

 

Thanks in advance!!!

post #1488 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKilleT View Post
 

I still didnt receive the headphones yet even though the expected delivery by USPS was 1/7/2014. I will just make sure to right a bad review about Adorama Camera, the seller on Amazon, for giving me the slowest shipping speed in the world.

 

I am so annoyed now.......sorry guys :(

 

I was sorry to read that this was your experience but am unable to identify your order without additional information; if you could please email me directly: Helen@adorama.com, I will be able to give this my immediate attention.

 

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

 

Best wishes

Helen Oster       

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Helen@adorama.com

post #1489 of 2439
Thanks for your concern but I received it 1/10/2014 as I mentioned earlier before in this thread and I am using it already. Apparently, there was a problem with USPS due to the weather and the holidays. So I guess it wasn't your fault. Also, the item I received was as described and it was the US version with US warranty which is something I didn't expect but it's good. I am sorry too because of my impatience.

Thanks.
post #1490 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Hey HiFiDood you mentioned that the XBA 3/30s made your ears sore cuz of the shape of the housing, does these H3s give you the same problem???

 

Just wondering cuz i have had similar fit/ soreness issues and since the housing of the new H3s are so similar in shape as the old XBA3s so.....

 

Thanks in advance!!!

 



No comfort issues with the H series. I would like better isolation with all the MDR/XBA in-ears.
Reply
post #1491 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Hey HiFiDood you mentioned that the XBA 3/30s made your ears sore cuz of the shape of the housing, does these H3s give you the same problem???

 

Just wondering cuz i have had similar fit/ soreness issues and since the housing of the new H3s are so similar in shape as the old XBA3s so.....

 

Thanks in advance!!!

 



No comfort issues with the H series. I would like better isolation with all the MDR/XBA in-ears.


Oh sweet that's good to know. Makes these more tempting now............ :popcorn:

post #1492 of 2439

To me they are not quite as comfortable as the mdr-7550 or ex1000 since the huge housing makes contact with my ear (the EX90 bothered me a bit too).

 

That said, they are really growing on me.  (I wish I could use an ex1000 cable with it though...)

 

Drew

post #1493 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews View Post
 

To me they are not quite as comfortable as the mdr-7550 or ex1000 since the huge housing makes contact with my ear (the EX90 bothered me a bit too).

 

That said, they are really growing on me.  (I wish I could use an ex1000 cable with it though...)

 

Drew

 

So to your ears the H3 doesn't sound muddy or boomy in comparison to the EX1000?

 

As to comfort, I actually find the EX1000 very comfy due to its almost weightless light weight and shallow insertion. Not intrusive to my ears at all. I am so used to it I can't bear wearing my 4.Ai.

post #1494 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post
 

 

So to your ears the H3 doesn't sound muddy or boomy in comparison to the EX1000?

 

As to comfort, I actually find the EX1000 very comfy due to its almost weightless light weight and shallow insertion. Not intrusive to my ears at all. I am so used to it I can't bear wearing my 4.Ai.

 

I'm saying that the H3 is less comfortable than the EX1000 (which is also lighter despite being made of magnesium).  And yes the H3 is boomy compared to the EX1000 but you get used to it and due to the extra BA drivers you get a nice warm presentation that still manages to maintain a lot of detail (it is not muddy at all to my ears).

 

Drew


Edited by drews - 1/15/14 at 12:19pm
post #1495 of 2439

I thought the EX1000 was heavy compared to the H3.

post #1496 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews View Post
 

 

I'm saying that the H3 is less comfortable than the EX1000 (which is also lighter despite being made of magnesium).  And yes the H3 is boomy compared to the EX1000 but you get used to it and due to the extra BA drivers you get a nice warm presentation that still manages to maintain a lot of detail (it is not muddy at all to my ears).

 

Drew

 

Thanks Drew. Good to know it doesn't sound muddy to you. Normally when it sounds boomy I would expect that boomy sound will cloud some details.

post #1497 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

I thought the EX1000 was heavy compared to the H3.

 

EX1000 is 8 grams, H3 is 10 grams...  I have an LCD-2 so for me these are both essentially weightless...

 

Drew

post #1498 of 2439

That's my problem. I can't take cans or intrusive iem's. I am very sensitive to comfort. Part of the reason is I listen to music all day in my office for long hrs, everyday.

post #1499 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews View Post
 

 

EX1000 is 8 grams, H3 is 10 grams...  I have an LCD-2 so for me these are both essentially weightless...

 

Drew

 

 

Again, the H3 feels lighter and sits in my ears easier.

post #1500 of 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Again, the H3 feels lighter and sits in my ears easier.

 

The placebo even applies to weight. :wink_face:

 

Seriously, 8g or 10g shouldn't make much difference. The H3 housing is a little bit longer so there is a shift of CG from the insertion point. That CG shifted away from the ear insertion point, to some people such as Drew, may contribute to less comfort than wearing the EX1000.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM