- 1,422 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Freiburg, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 3/3/15 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 73
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My dear Mizwa, I cannot test the H1 or H3 without buying them. I'm not prepared to do this if they do not match up to their Sony rivals. A person using at or below middle of the range iem's might think the H1 to be brilliant. I use the xb-90-ex, debatevly one of the finest in ears in the world for depth, clarity and emotion at it's level. Ergo, I need as many co owners as are out there to give their opinion. The H1 is £15-£20 more, so I'm not going to do a side step or below step. Further up the food chain, someone with a prestige CIEM like the JH 13/16 will want to know if the H3 can be an acceptable daily beater. Further, the H1 uses the same BA as the highly limited XBA-1, and the H3 use two of the BA's from either or both the XBA 3/30 and 4/40, hence the lines of comparative questions
Are things clearer now?.
Mizwa, you are being rude. If you want "... professional opinions and tests" wait until someone experienced reviews them and don't read the thread. If you continue to post as you have been you'll start getting locked out of threads. I'd rather not have to start doing that.
Being a Sonyfanboy for so many years has taught me a few things.Unlike any other large or small hifi concern, what is new is not better, always, than what has gone before. Sony has mystical intrigue in this matter. Also, it, Sony, teaches you to be a research genius, because the diamonds in the mire are very shiny indeed. We are at the start of a wave of supposed top endish product from Sony, both in headphones/iem's and DAP's, and Home Hi Fi.
Are they telling porkies, or truth's? The angles are large. Just for myself, I'm interested in plunging into this wave on two fronts, IEM and DAP. And because what has gone before the H's is sprinkled at times with fairy dust, I'm interested in several previous IEM's as well, such as the XBA 30/40 and ex1000. It's also Sony's first dig at hybrid's, and this commands intrigue as well. Has the guy who also designed the ex1000 cheated us or sold himself short with the H3, has he used half measures, or been told to, or not?
So Mirza, if your not a Sony fanboy, well, there are many other single IEM topics with many more than 73 pages, some run into several hundred,, to peruse. A giant is having a sea change in it's product range; I'm surprised there aren't 7000 pages
2nd LOL of the day!
If you can't hear the difference between a decent dac/amp vs straight to a cell phone with the XBA-H1 or even more so on H3, then there's something wrong with your precious ear organ. Unless I misunderstood the somewhat broken English.
I think that the original poster was referring to music played to loud from earphones
Well, 2 of those members are banned I believe....
It's just that sometimes Sony throw the dog a bone, and we thought/think the H might be just one such. I may have been into iem's for more years than is healthy, but I'm useless at sonic erudition. I've just about got soundstage, decay, sibilance, grain, liquidity, sub bass, but don't expect me to write paragraph's about 'em. I'm sure there are many experts on this site who can and do, I'm just getting the hang of who they are at this stage.
I must say, that I'm enjoying my H3 more than XBA-3. Most pros from my XBA-3 are here in H3, and most cons from XBA-3 are repaired (quite weak bass response and less annoying cymbals). And what's more important - they are less picky about the source (but it's still really important). 40 Ohms impedance doing it's job well.
Edited by Aelavin - 11/9/13 at 4:10am
I must say, that I'm enjoying my H3 more than XBA-3. Most pros from my XBA-3 are here in H3, and most cons from XBA-3 are repaired (quite weak bass response and less annoying cymbals). And what's more important - they are less picky about the source. 40 Ohms impedance doing it's job well.
That is good news!
Hi everyone, finally received my H3 from Japan 3 days ago, and been spending the weekend listening to it while comparing it with my beloved EX1000 (Japanese version). I listened to some of my reference tracks played though the AK100.
Disclaimer before I give you my impressions, please take my impressions with a dose of skepticism. I am an audio enthusiast with little experience in reviews and without professional music background.
Design and Fit – The EX1000 design feels more prestigious (cable connectors and leather case), on the other hand the H3 design is more stylish (personally I like the metallic case and the black/red cables). As for fit. EX1000 is the winner, the H3 housing is thicker (almost twice due to the balance armatures), and thus, you have less room in adjusting the ear-canals fit, for optimal listening. +1 for EX1000
2) Portability – H3 gets the point, even though the EX1000 case is more prestigious, sometimes is a little impractical and time consuming to store the EX1000. Thus, the H3 zipper pouch and the cable with mic (if you listen music from a mobile phone) are more practical. +1 for H3
3) Sound Isolation & Leakage - Sound isolation is better in the H3, probably because the air vents are smaller and placed at the inner part of the earphone housing, totally the opposite of EX1000 air vents size and placement. As for, sound leakage (my partner helped me out with this test); she said that both of them had the same amount of leakage. +0.5 for H3
4) Lows – In my opinion, the H3 bass reproduction is slightly boomier, less punchy and has more bass extension compared to the EX1000. I personally prefer listening to trance and techno with the H3, but, still prefer the EX1000 for drums in rock music i.e. Dream Theater “The Enemy Inside” track. This is a tie for me, since I listen to both genres.
5) Mids – The EX1000 clear mids reproduction, in my opinion are difficult to beat. The H3 has smooth and balanced mids reproduction but l still love the EX1000. When I listen to male/female vocals, I want to feel/listen to the singer’s emotions through the songs’ lyrics; the EX1000 comes much closer to those feelings. +1.5 for EX1000
6) Highs – The hissing treble from the cymbals towards the end of “Hotel California” I experienced with the EX1000, is noticeable reduced in the H3. Might be because of the tweeter balance armature or the smaller air vents in the H3, kudos to Sony engineers. +1 for H3
Conclusion: H3 2.5 points vs. EX1000 2.5 points
Is the H3 an upgrade from the EX1000? For me it isn’t. Nevertheless, The H3 deserves a place in my collection and from tomorrow they will be my primary pair of portable outdoor earphones.
Really hope this has been helpful.
P.S. I am waiting for the new Sony Hi-Res Audio campaign products (the Sony NW ZX1 and the Sony PHA-2), hoping that, the true capabilities of the H3 will be heard.
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Samsung S6 vs Sony Z3.....xiaomi?? 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2