Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 71

post #1051 of 3253
First hand experience? Do they care where you made your purchase? I ask because there's someone in classifieds selling a new unit for $280 shipped and paypaled.

Sorry for the derailment. Bobfoc, you can pm me if you like
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfoc View Post

Figured that.... but also figured that they have Apple-esque customer service so not worried.
post #1052 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

First hand experience? Do they care where you made your purchase? I ask because there's someone in classifieds selling a new unit for $280 shipped and paypaled.

Sorry for the derailment. Bobfoc, you can pm me if you like

Yeah.... Had some triple fi I bought from them a while ago and they replaced them for UE900 which I sold for a profit.... Didn't need them at the time as I had Shure 530 and was in the process of getting my JHs. Only got them again as my Shures have since died and using my JHs as my daily commuting buds worries me somewhat with the amount of travel that I do.

Not sure about purchases elsewhere. As I've only bought direct or via an authorised dealer. Maybe someone on here can advise.

Also..... I think the £169 price is UK only as some have said they couldn't get that price when going via their local UE site.

On a related note.... Sennheiser have awesome service in that I've bought headphones from classifieds only for something to go wrong. Simply registering them and then rma-ing them...... They replaced them no questions asked or receipt required.
post #1053 of 3253

Thanks for that. How does the H1 compare to the xb90 ex? Went to the Sony HQ and was told the H1 was not as good. Also,the H3 is 75% of the EQ of the ex 1000, the e 474 walkman is the current best middle of the range Sony mp3 player, the new models are downgrades, and the F886 lacks a certain Ooomph compared to the Z series, but will be better by some margin than the e 474. Further, the ZX1 reference mp4 will only be sold in Japan and will cost £500. The H3 lambasts 128 kbps also.

post #1054 of 3253
Worth shelling out extra for ex1000?
Have yet to see a detailed review of the h3, given that a number of people own it.
post #1055 of 3253
I got the EX-1000 because this thread caused my interest and I feel that it is the best csn I ever got the pleasure of listening to. If you can go grab it an enjoy
post #1056 of 3253

Thanks for the info Jackson 6. While I am still waiting for my H3 to be delivered, a quick question on the NW ZX1.

 

Do you know why they are releasing it only in Japan? Is it because, although running Android 4.1, the music player menu is in Japanese language?

 

I was thinking to ask a friend to help me purchase the NW ZX1 when he will be in Japan during December. But I am worried about any functional limitation/s, such as, language, Google play, and other. Please advise.

 

Cheers

post #1057 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

Agree! By judging at the impression, my mind is more drawn towards the XBA-H1 xD the more polite sound

LoL ....... H3 has got to be the go
Don't want polite , want aggressive and to be blasted with some Awsome sound ....

If it sounds better then xba 4 I have no doubt I'll be happy , hopefully the soundstage is a lot larger then the xba 4 , and detail & clarity is up there .... & bass of course
But still want the sound to be out of control
As the xba 4 can be on a lot of songs
post #1058 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon T View Post
 

Thanks for the info Jackson 6. While I am still waiting for my H3 to be delivered, a quick question on the NW ZX1.

 

Do you know why they are releasing it only in Japan? Is it because, although running Android 4.1, the music player menu is in Japanese language?

 

I was thinking to ask a friend to help me purchase the NW ZX1 when he will be in Japan during December. But I am worried about any functional limitation/s, such as, language, Google play, and other. Please advise.

 

Cheers

 

Its just their way of doing things. I could have brought both the H1 and H3 today in my home town, but I could never have brought the XB 41 ex or the 90 ex, as they chose not to release them in the UK. Quixotic lot eh?. Its supposed to be up there with the A&K, and you know the rest, 128gb; there is a discussion in one of the forums, I think it's the f886 one. We are going to have to get used to mutually deciphering Japanese text now and in the future methinks with Sony top enders...mind you its such a tiny company, it's probably trying to make a name for itself in it's home country before trying to sell abroad. I'm amazed you've heard of it!

post #1059 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson 6 View Post
 

 

Its just their way of doing things. I could have brought both the H1 and H3 today in my home town, but I could never have brought the XB 41 ex or the 90 ex, as they chose not to release them in the UK. Quixotic lot eh?. Its supposed to be up there with the A&K, and you know the rest, 128gb; there is a discussion in one of the forums, I think it's the f886 one. We are going to have to get used to mutually deciphering Japanese text now and in the future methinks with Sony top enders...mind you its such a tiny company, it's probably trying to make a name for itself in it's home country before trying to sell abroad. I'm amazed you've heard of it!

Appreciate your input. Well I am looking to replace/alternate my current portable AK100 + EX1000 combo, and it seems that the NW ZX1 is a worthy successor (especially considering that the UI in the AK line is not that user friendly); and, I have the feeling that the H3 might sound better with it.

 

As for deciphering Japanese text, I need to thank Bing/Microsoft for their translation in: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony.jp%2Fwalkman%2Flineup%2Fzx1%2F

 

Apologies for derailing the thread topic a bit.

 

Cheers

post #1060 of 3253

Should be a very good sidestep; I'm keen to move up in the ba line, as my xba-1's have shown new promise with youtube concerts, if little else, so I can see myself looking at the H3 at some point. Hold fire awhile with the ZX1, it might be a bit of hot air saying it's as good as the A&K from Sony at this time. In another month views will be generalized, both the experts and public; wish the former would get a blinkin' move on.

post #1061 of 3253

I own the XBA-40 and H3  and those have very different presentation. I enjoy both a lot. The XBA-40 is refined, smooth but very detailed with a smallish headstage but great 3D imaging. The H3 sounds big, lush and bold with a very wide headstage but are slighlty less detailed and the imaging is very 2D -there is little depth.

Strangely, the H3 is very comfortable but I can't say the same of the 40.


Edited by zenpunk - 11/6/13 at 4:34am
post #1062 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

I own the XBA-40 and H3  and those have very different presentation. I enjoy both a lot. The XBA-40 is refined, smooth but very detailed with a smallish headstage but great 3D imaging. The H3 sounds big, wide and bold but are slighlty less detailed and there is little depth to the soundstage. Strangely, the H3 is very comfortable but I can't say the same of the 40.

 

Whats the difference in terms of Bass? which is deeper ?

post #1063 of 3253

I feel the bass reaches a bit deeper and is more controlled on the 40, but overall quantity is very similar.

post #1064 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

I feel the bass reaches a bit deeper and is more controlled on the 40, but overall quantity is very similar.

Hmm that's interesting, I expected the H3's to go lower..

post #1065 of 3253
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

I own the XBA-40 and H3  and those have very different presentation. I enjoy both a lot. The XBA-40 is refined, smooth but very detailed with a smallish headstage but great 3D imaging. The H3 sounds big, lush and bold with a very wide headstage but are slighlty less detailed and the imaging is very 2D -there is little depth.
Strangely, the H3 is very comfortable but I can't say the same of the 40.

H3 Sounds good..... I guess ....hhhmm
Lush with a big head stage ... Nice

Big & bold??... Does that mean that it more striking and hits harder then the xba 40 ??

?? Dose the H3 have a brighter sound then the xba 40
I've got xba 4 but they say xba 40 sounds darker then the 4

Lol I need a pair ..... Like ... Now!!
I want to hear them

smily_headphones1.gifsmily_headphones1.gif
Edited by howihearit - 11/6/13 at 7:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM