- 4,068 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- [Newbie Review] Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noble 3C vs CE BA4 Last post on 8/7/14 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This set-up seems to exactly fix what you mention, the highs and midhighs. Yup, same designer as EX1000, he is the guy who established the design of the off-axis Sony dynamics. K3003 seems more like a statement product by AKG, basically saying "look we can engineer a great sounding product using a difficult design, we deserve more prestige in the IEM realm". The price just speaks to that, definitely overpriced but it's really one of the best IEMs there is, but if there is one company that can surpass it or be on par using the same hybrid-design, it's Sony. All these smaller companies doing hybrid designs just don't have the means and expertise like Sony or AKG,which is why most hybrids are actually very poor IME.
Can you pleeeese show me where you read it's the same designer as the EX1000? Would be much appreciated.
Thanks to both of you for the mechanical crossover explanation btw.
I actually prefer shallow insertion... or is it just me and my tiny ear canals
But definitely a "no-no" to poor isolation and harsh highs!
Well as it appears it comes down to preference, some like it etyomtic deep and some like it earpud shallow, I think at the end if we all get an eargasm I dont think we mind whether it was shallow or deep :D
inappropriate joke but had to say it :D
It just made my day. good thing you said it :)
We don't need sensible people like you around these parts.
Now man up, preorder a set, and then sell it to me at a significant loss after your inevitable disappointment.
Talking about insertion dept, I actually prefer it to not be too deep as well but too shallow at the same time... Too shallow makes me feel insecure as the isolations are weak and might fall out of my ears with bigger IEM like the XBA-4. Too deep makes me feel like my ears is in high pressure mode making myself FEEL like hard to breathe.. Just feel like haha
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Magnetic fields influence the brain 45 seconds ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A2000X 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)