- 5,524 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? Last post on 1/26/15 at 5:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones got wet.. Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Sony XBA-H3 Last post on 2/2/15 at 1:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- XBA-H3 vs. XBA-Z5...thoughts? Last post on 8/2/15 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audiologist in Paris for custom molds on XBA-H3 Last post on 12/21/14 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This set-up seems to exactly fix what you mention, the highs and midhighs. Yup, same designer as EX1000, he is the guy who established the design of the off-axis Sony dynamics. K3003 seems more like a statement product by AKG, basically saying "look we can engineer a great sounding product using a difficult design, we deserve more prestige in the IEM realm". The price just speaks to that, definitely overpriced but it's really one of the best IEMs there is, but if there is one company that can surpass it or be on par using the same hybrid-design, it's Sony. All these smaller companies doing hybrid designs just don't have the means and expertise like Sony or AKG,which is why most hybrids are actually very poor IME.
Can you pleeeese show me where you read it's the same designer as the EX1000? Would be much appreciated.
Thanks to both of you for the mechanical crossover explanation btw.
I actually prefer shallow insertion... or is it just me and my tiny ear canals
But definitely a "no-no" to poor isolation and harsh highs!
Well as it appears it comes down to preference, some like it etyomtic deep and some like it earpud shallow, I think at the end if we all get an eargasm I dont think we mind whether it was shallow or deep :D
inappropriate joke but had to say it :D
It just made my day. good thing you said it :)
We don't need sensible people like you around these parts.
Now man up, preorder a set, and then sell it to me at a significant loss after your inevitable disappointment.
Talking about insertion dept, I actually prefer it to not be too deep as well but too shallow at the same time... Too shallow makes me feel insecure as the isolations are weak and might fall out of my ears with bigger IEM like the XBA-4. Too deep makes me feel like my ears is in high pressure mode making myself FEEL like hard to breathe.. Just feel like haha
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 35 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 49 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2