- 4,387 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony Hybrid Black In-Ear Headphones - XBA-H1tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSony XBA-H3 In-eartagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by getclikinagas, 12/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? Last post on 8/22/14 at 2:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for recommendation for budget 350usd Last post on 7/6/14 at 2:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple-Fi 10- Still worth buying? Last post on 7/9/14 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA H3 with Song audio galaxy plus or Dunu dn1000 Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony XBA-H3 In Ear Headphones MINT! Last post on 6/4/14 at 6:11am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Brainwavz AP001 surely has the cute factor, from its small size and unique contemporary design. But that's for the look. As for features, we might wonder, why Brainwavz designed a...
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This set-up seems to exactly fix what you mention, the highs and midhighs. Yup, same designer as EX1000, he is the guy who established the design of the off-axis Sony dynamics. K3003 seems more like a statement product by AKG, basically saying "look we can engineer a great sounding product using a difficult design, we deserve more prestige in the IEM realm". The price just speaks to that, definitely overpriced but it's really one of the best IEMs there is, but if there is one company that can surpass it or be on par using the same hybrid-design, it's Sony. All these smaller companies doing hybrid designs just don't have the means and expertise like Sony or AKG,which is why most hybrids are actually very poor IME.
Can you pleeeese show me where you read it's the same designer as the EX1000? Would be much appreciated.
Thanks to both of you for the mechanical crossover explanation btw.
I actually prefer shallow insertion... or is it just me and my tiny ear canals
But definitely a "no-no" to poor isolation and harsh highs!
Well as it appears it comes down to preference, some like it etyomtic deep and some like it earpud shallow, I think at the end if we all get an eargasm I dont think we mind whether it was shallow or deep :D
inappropriate joke but had to say it :D
It just made my day. good thing you said it :)
We don't need sensible people like you around these parts.
Now man up, preorder a set, and then sell it to me at a significant loss after your inevitable disappointment.
Talking about insertion dept, I actually prefer it to not be too deep as well but too shallow at the same time... Too shallow makes me feel insecure as the isolations are weak and might fall out of my ears with bigger IEM like the XBA-4. Too deep makes me feel like my ears is in high pressure mode making myself FEEL like hard to breathe.. Just feel like haha
- Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New portable source component category 4 seconds ago
- › Philips O'Neill THE SNUG SHO8802 or JVC flats for movies (long... 27 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 35 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Amp to boost the bass of Sony XBA-H3 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)