- 10 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productAudio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations on next headphone? Last post on 8/17/13 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- New member looking for advice Last post on 9/5/12 at 11:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin to buy new headphones and need help! Last post on 7/12/12 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Making the Final Purchase Decision - Need Help Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?post #1 of 59/3/13 at 10:51amThread StarterI have owned a few pair of over the ear head phone over the year, but I don't really see the difference between over and on the ear. Over the ear seam to be slightly larger than on the ear, but they are still not completly over. I have a pair of ear protection and they are really over the ear which have an excellent seal. So my question is really this, why are over the ear head phones usualy so small?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/3/13 at 10:56amSome of them do actually go over your ears. The point is that in 'over the ear' headphones the pads should be pushing up against your head rather than your ears. Of course, everyone's ears are different so some models may not sit as you'd expect. What pairs of headphones have you tried?post #3 of 59/3/13 at 11:06amThread StarterI currently have Sony mdr 7506, they push on the edge of my ear pretty much all around. before that I used an old pair of Koss over the ear but it was the same thing, if they had half an inch more in diameter they would not touch my ear. I do not have small ear, but they are not super big.post #4 of 59/3/13 at 2:43pm
Depends a lot on the size of your ears. :-)
Some, like the Beyer DT880, DT770, Sony MDR MD900, Audio Technica ATH AD900X, AKG 550, and 7xx series
should fit over pretty much anyone's ears.
Others which are called 'over ear' headphones are dicier in this regard.
My ears are pretty much 'regular' size, and the MDR 7506 fit on my ears, not over them.
- Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 24 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 50 seconds ago
- › brand new he6 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › **FS Schiit LYR plus Orange Globes** MINTY 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe