- 10 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productAudio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations on next headphone? Last post on 8/17/13 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- New member looking for advice Last post on 9/5/12 at 11:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin to buy new headphones and need help! Last post on 7/12/12 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Making the Final Purchase Decision - Need Help Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?post #1 of 59/3/13 at 10:51amThread StarterI have owned a few pair of over the ear head phone over the year, but I don't really see the difference between over and on the ear. Over the ear seam to be slightly larger than on the ear, but they are still not completly over. I have a pair of ear protection and they are really over the ear which have an excellent seal. So my question is really this, why are over the ear head phones usualy so small?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/3/13 at 10:56amSome of them do actually go over your ears. The point is that in 'over the ear' headphones the pads should be pushing up against your head rather than your ears. Of course, everyone's ears are different so some models may not sit as you'd expect. What pairs of headphones have you tried?post #3 of 59/3/13 at 11:06amThread StarterI currently have Sony mdr 7506, they push on the edge of my ear pretty much all around. before that I used an old pair of Koss over the ear but it was the same thing, if they had half an inch more in diameter they would not touch my ear. I do not have small ear, but they are not super big.post #4 of 59/3/13 at 2:43pm
Depends a lot on the size of your ears. :-)
Some, like the Beyer DT880, DT770, Sony MDR MD900, Audio Technica ATH AD900X, AKG 550, and 7xx series
should fit over pretty much anyone's ears.
Others which are called 'over ear' headphones are dicier in this regard.
My ears are pretty much 'regular' size, and the MDR 7506 fit on my ears, not over them.
- Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 7 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 45 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-100 HYBRID DYNAMIC + BA 48 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 4 minutes ago
- › An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 7 minutes ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 8 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi