- 10 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productAudio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
- productSony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations on next headphone? Last post on 8/17/13 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- New member looking for advice Last post on 9/5/12 at 11:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lookin to buy new headphones and need help! Last post on 7/12/12 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Making the Final Purchase Decision - Need Help Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?post #1 of 59/3/13 at 10:51amThread StarterI have owned a few pair of over the ear head phone over the year, but I don't really see the difference between over and on the ear. Over the ear seam to be slightly larger than on the ear, but they are still not completly over. I have a pair of ear protection and they are really over the ear which have an excellent seal. So my question is really this, why are over the ear head phones usualy so small?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 59/3/13 at 10:56amSome of them do actually go over your ears. The point is that in 'over the ear' headphones the pads should be pushing up against your head rather than your ears. Of course, everyone's ears are different so some models may not sit as you'd expect. What pairs of headphones have you tried?post #3 of 59/3/13 at 11:06amThread StarterI currently have Sony mdr 7506, they push on the edge of my ear pretty much all around. before that I used an old pair of Koss over the ear but it was the same thing, if they had half an inch more in diameter they would not touch my ear. I do not have small ear, but they are not super big.post #4 of 59/3/13 at 2:43pm
Depends a lot on the size of your ears. :-)
Some, like the Beyer DT880, DT770, Sony MDR MD900, Audio Technica ATH AD900X, AKG 550, and 7xx series
should fit over pretty much anyone's ears.
Others which are called 'over ear' headphones are dicier in this regard.
My ears are pretty much 'regular' size, and the MDR 7506 fit on my ears, not over them.
- Are over-ear head phone suppose to actualy be over the ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 6 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mage (quad-driver custom IEM) 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob