- 1,067 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SONY NW-F887 Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable Source to drive the JH13's Last post on 2/26/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Source Gear
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 2/18/14 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it worth it to reshell JH Audio Freqphase? Last post on 2/6/14 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 - Page 7post #91 of 22111/10/13 at 1:24pmDoes anyone have the 13's? I was wondering how it paired with them and if there was any hiss. Also is there any benefit in going balanced with the 13 or 16 fp's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 22111/10/13 at 2:02pm
It has everything to do with how sensitive you are and your gear is to hiss. Some people aren't bothered by it. That said, the JH13Pro are less sensitive than a lot of earphones. I hear hiss from them with a number of sources but they are very good at suppressing the worst of it from every amp.post #93 of 22111/11/13 at 5:59pmpost #94 of 22111/11/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
Small/Acceptable hiss with 16's using single end.post #95 of 22111/11/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
looking forward to your impressions =)post #96 of 22111/12/13 at 12:01amQuote:
It's the same DAC as the db and R, it's different from the original solopost #97 of 22111/12/13 at 3:14ampost #98 of 22111/12/13 at 3:59am
They are both top notch in their fields. Theorem relies on another output source, so the two (as independent units) can perform differently. I've found the Theorem's output to outperform most amps out there, so it is truly mated to a great output. You'd have to spend a lot more on an analogue output system for the dB to reach the same level.post #99 of 22111/12/13 at 5:23ampost #100 of 22111/12/13 at 5:50ampost #101 of 22111/12/13 at 9:19pmpost #102 of 22111/12/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
It's not a for your or for her thing: every source hisses. It is outed by sensitive output devices. Some people are not bothered by it. Amazingly, some people get on with the likes of the AMP3Pro. The Theorem is of course a lot less hissy but as you said, it makes noise. Fortunately it is neutral noise and totally liveable.post #103 of 22111/13/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
It's not a for your or for her thing: every source hisses. It is outed by sensitive output devices. Some people are not bothered by it. Amazingly, some people get on with the likes of the AMP3Pro. The Theorem is of course a lot less hissy but as you said, it makes noise. Fortunately it is neutral noise and totally liveable.
What do you mean by neutral noise? Thanks.post #104 of 22111/13/13 at 7:45pm
The hiss was not from the source but from the Theorem 720 as I verified by trying the exact same setup on another amp without any hiss. I was bothered by the hiss.The hiss was neither neutral nor livable for me. Which is why I sent the 720 back.post #105 of 22111/13/13 at 9:05pm
I'm sorry, I was vague. I meant that the noise has no peaks or troughs; as long as your batteries are charged, it is a constant volume that doesn't change on cable wiggles or the volume of the music played from the source. It is exactly the sort of noise that you want- if you have to have it. My Walkmans and AMP3Pro not to mention one or two other amps, have noise that modulates even when you are not touching the chassis or twiddling the volume pot. Those non-neutral noise signatures are annoying.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Music Game IX 4 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 53 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Poll: Can you hear sound over 20kHz? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Need some help on 1/4 jacks, connectors and stuff 3 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude