I don't have it but I would reckon that unless the ASG-2 has less than 100dB sensitivity and is over 80Ω, that it will.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SONY NW-F887 Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable Source to drive the JH13's Last post on 2/26/14 at 4:19pm in Portable Source Gear
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 2/18/14 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it worth it to reshell JH Audio Freqphase? Last post on 2/6/14 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Cypher Labs Theorem 720 - Page 6post #76 of 22111/5/13 at 11:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 22111/6/13 at 12:07am
seems like it... seems like the only real solution is using impedance adapters... i just wonder what kind of effects and to what degree they'll have on the sound... the theorem 720 just seems perfect in so many ways... sighpost #78 of 22111/6/13 at 2:16am
Well you have to remember that every single output device will have noise, some more than others, and some horrendous. I have a Walkman A828 that has more hiss than the 720 or MKIII, and a lot of people swear by it even with sensitive earphones. Same with the MKIII and 720. Just as I said in my review, it exists but most people will just get on with their music.
I used to be an absolute anti-hiss person, but then realised that every source has it. Even sources that don't hiss at all according to some people only need the right earphones and the right ears. Or… wrong I suppose. If you are worried, see if you can meet someone with the 720 or the MKIII, both of which have similar levels of hiss.
Again, I don't think it will really bother a most audiophiles.post #79 of 22111/6/13 at 7:56amQuote:
I will be able to tell you about that pairing either this Sunday or Dec 8th as a buddy of mine has the asg-2 and hope to meet him at a couple of events.post #80 of 22111/6/13 at 9:06amQuote:
Glad to hear it! I look forward to your impressionspost #81 of 22111/6/13 at 6:44pmpost #82 of 22111/6/13 at 7:02pmpost #83 of 22111/9/13 at 5:02ampost #84 of 22111/9/13 at 5:38ampost #85 of 22111/9/13 at 12:36pmpost #86 of 22111/9/13 at 1:11pmMy two best portable set up with Abyss 1266
Source : IPhone 4 S mod
Dac / Amp : Hi Fi M8 RSA version
Cyberlabs Theorem 720 dac
Cable : Lod to USB diy
Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1
SQ : these two are two beet dac amp for I device to drive my Abyss
Note : Abyss is herd to drive headphone planar , it is harder than my LCD 3 , the best set up if I use my desktop set up , desktop set up can make Abyss to the max their SQ
IMOpost #87 of 22111/10/13 at 8:46ampost #88 of 22111/10/13 at 8:53amQuote:
They are doing a world wide comp via FB on a copper one as we speak.post #89 of 22111/10/13 at 1:01pm
I've said this before and I'll say it again...it does NOT hiss with my JH-16's when listening to ALAC files ant that's with the gain in the medium setting. Now of course on analogue recordings I hear tape hiss but that's supposed to be there but in between songs it is black.
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › My HE-5LE just died again! just now
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 42 seconds ago
- › Advice needed: like comfort of Meelecs M9P, but sound of VSonic... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Good upgrade from the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude