Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Theorem 720
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Theorem 720 - Page 11

post #151 of 314
I recently purchased 720cdemo from an authorized dealer and the package came with missing cables. I emailed both the dealer and cypher labs. David at cypher labs emailed me back right away asking for my shipping address. Free of charge and already shipping to me. That is superb service! I am very impress. And I cannot hear the noise with any of my full sized or portable headphones. Sounds great and lived up to the hype. Now let's hope it works with my Note 2.
post #152 of 314
I recently used the output of the theorem and plug it thur auxiliary in my car stereo. I used an old iphone with Spotify. The sound was surprisingly good.
post #153 of 314

 

post #154 of 314
Which headphone is that? How do you like it?
post #155 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post

Which headphone is that? How do you like it?

 

HiFiMAN HE-500. And, it sounds absolutely pristine thus far.

post #156 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

 

It looks beautiful. Congratz!

post #157 of 314
First impressions (my full review will come later). The Theorem 720 absolutely rips apart any poor recordings I have. All of my music is ALAC on my iPhone, but I'm starting to notice what's good and what's not good. The level of detail extraction and speed is something I've never heard that's this capable in a portable DAC/amp combo.
post #158 of 314

Putting up with the hiss I heard coming from the 720 while listening with the JH audio 13 pros was not worth it to me. So I returned the 720 and now use an amp with the 13 pros that has no noticeable hiss.

post #159 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

First impressions (my full review will come later). The Theorem 720 absolutely rips apart any poor recordings I have. All of my music is ALAC on my iPhone, but I'm starting to notice what's good and what's not good. The level of detail extraction and speed is something I've never heard that's this capable in a portable DAC/amp combo.
Agreed, I would not want to use this amp with a really fast headphone, it's best when mated with a forgiving headphone or something maybe a little laid back or warm sounding. It sounds great with my Momentum, P7, HD600 and even HE-500, but is just too much with my Grado and HD800. I'd love to hear this with some LCD cans...
post #160 of 314

I really enjoyed it with my T70P actually. Very fast, clean and precise.

post #161 of 314

Where do you get your balanced XLR to RSA cable?  Most headphones come with the standard XLR.  I really don't want to spend 100 dollars on the cable.  Any decent place to get a cable for a good price?  

post #162 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
 

Where do you get your balanced XLR to RSA cable?  Most headphones come with the standard XLR.  I really don't want to spend 100 dollars on the cable.  Any decent place to get a cable for a good price?  

 

Why not just use one of the Neutrik connectors?

 

http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/circular-adapters/

 

Maybe I misunderstood.

post #163 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

 

Why not just use one of the Neutrik connectors?

 

http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/circular-adapters/

 

Maybe I misunderstood.

I need something like this.  http://d1p66qganyivs8.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/s/i/silver_dragon_iem_adapter_rsa_1.jpg

 

I didn't find any RSA adapter from your link.  

 

Thanks.

post #164 of 314

Oh ok, I read RCA :rolleyes:

post #165 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

Oh ok, I read RCA :rolleyes:

Right.  I figured that was the case.  Thanks anyways.

I am looking for 4-pin XLR balanced to RSA balanced.  Want to pick up an alpha dog and deciding if I should bother w/ the balanced but I can't even find the conversion cable.  

 

Moon audio has a mini XLR to RSA but I haven't seen a regular 4pin XLR to RSA.  

 

One positive thing about the Centrance H8 is it has all the options but I really like the battery life of the Theorem.  I don't mind the hiss so much but I am pretty annoyed by the imbalance of the volume control at high gain.  It is very obvious.


Edited by sean76 - 12/8/13 at 4:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Cypher Labs Theorem 720