I just bought the E-17. The reason I bought it was to improve the SQ of both my sources (HP probook - cheap laptop and Samsung GS3), My laptop was sounding better (better clarity, SQ) than my GS3. I also recently got the T-Peos H-100. These IEM has so little mids but with very good treble extension. Probably the treble overwhelms the other ranges. I thought the E-17 could help a bit but the difference is very marginal, The questions I have about the E-17 are:
- Should I be getting much better SQ with the E-17?
- Does the E-17 have some auto-equalizing feature? The mids seems better on some songs automatically
- If i use my GS3 or laptop will the E17 with the audio line out or USB, will the E-17 take over both the DAC and AMP functionality of both my source?
- I haven't got the USB OTG cable to test out my GS3 but as long as the android version is 4.11 and above, it should work, right?
- Would it have been a better option to just get some DAP for better SQ like Fiio X3, Sansa clip, Ibasso etc than taking the E-17 route?
- Do the E-17 need burn-in?
- If I leave the screen on the E-17 permanently on, is it ok, otherwise every time you want to operate it, you will have to switch the 'hold' button
- Could the problem be with the H-100?
Edited by zamorin - 9/3/13 at 4:17am