- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones for Under $700? Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone Last post on 10/14/13 at 11:32pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the ultrasone edition 8 the right headphone for me? Last post on 4/16/13 at 3:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones. - Page 2post #16 of 289/12/13 at 12:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 289/12/13 at 12:41pmpost #18 of 289/16/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Youre not serious, are you?Originally Posted by Beagle
Isn't that the same as doing your child's homework for them so they will get good grades?
OP, I'm not sure what is smoother than the HD650 in closed that is also spacious sounding. Smoother than 650 would head into dullsville.post #19 of 289/17/13 at 1:25amThread Starter
Dear Headphone Lovers,
I suppose I did find the ones that suit me. These are Beyerdynamic DT150, sound is so sweet and full. Absolutely not harsh, not sibilant. I have only 10h of burn in. And thay are still fresh but even that, sound is so natural, so relaxing. Have never here before so natural sound. And believe me I have been testing a lot even closer to 1000$. I try not be too enthousiastic, but this smoothnes in sound is so nice.
The only two small worries are: comfort which is rather at Grado side of comfort, and a little bit resonating bass, but I suppose it is due to their out of box stiffnes.post #20 of 289/18/13 at 11:39pmpost #21 of 2811/4/13 at 6:32pmpost #22 of 2811/5/14 at 2:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your input, after long period I decided to sell T70, but I stay with belowed DT150. Now I'd like to buy second pair and final thoughts are:
Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs
Which are best priced for their quality and offer not fatiguing long period listening?post #23 of 2811/5/14 at 5:17ampost #24 of 2811/5/14 at 8:14ampost #25 of 2811/5/14 at 10:00amQuote:
+1 on the Shure SRH1540! At the time of my last post, I had not yet tried it.
Also recently I got to try the Fostex TH-900. Pleather/leather aside, this headphone REALLY wowed me.post #26 of 2811/5/14 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #27 of 2811/5/14 at 2:38pm
Dt1350's have nicer mids than the HD 650's although they are closed on ear headphones and they suffer from the expected because of that.
They are superbly small, portable and accurate and I prefer them to my HD 650's and 598s.
They are built well and I even carried them on my back for 3 months while living outside.
Still like new.
GG?post #28 of 2811/5/14 at 6:50pmQuote:
Yes they are smooth. Not v-shaped at all. They have very substantial bass and very creamy mids. The treble extension is great, but it is never glaring or forward, if anything, slightly recessed.
I have heard the HD650's a couple times and I always finding myself comparing the SRH1540 to it.
- Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 second ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 30 seconds ago
- › Vivo X5Max : Audiophile powerhouse? [Sabre ES9018K2M DAC, Yamaha... 32 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 38 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Best cheap bedroom studio monitors? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)