- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best Headphones for Under $700? Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone Last post on 10/14/13 at 11:32pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones. - Page 2post #16 of 289/12/13 at 12:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 289/12/13 at 12:41pmpost #18 of 289/16/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Youre not serious, are you?Originally Posted by Beagle
Isn't that the same as doing your child's homework for them so they will get good grades?
OP, I'm not sure what is smoother than the HD650 in closed that is also spacious sounding. Smoother than 650 would head into dullsville.post #19 of 289/17/13 at 1:25amThread Starter
Dear Headphone Lovers,
I suppose I did find the ones that suit me. These are Beyerdynamic DT150, sound is so sweet and full. Absolutely not harsh, not sibilant. I have only 10h of burn in. And thay are still fresh but even that, sound is so natural, so relaxing. Have never here before so natural sound. And believe me I have been testing a lot even closer to 1000$. I try not be too enthousiastic, but this smoothnes in sound is so nice.
The only two small worries are: comfort which is rather at Grado side of comfort, and a little bit resonating bass, but I suppose it is due to their out of box stiffnes.post #20 of 289/18/13 at 11:39pmpost #21 of 2811/4/13 at 6:32pmpost #22 of 2811/5/14 at 2:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your input, after long period I decided to sell T70, but I stay with belowed DT150. Now I'd like to buy second pair and final thoughts are:
Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs
Which are best priced for their quality and offer not fatiguing long period listening?post #23 of 2811/5/14 at 5:17ampost #24 of 2811/5/14 at 8:14ampost #25 of 2811/5/14 at 10:00amQuote:
+1 on the Shure SRH1540! At the time of my last post, I had not yet tried it.
Also recently I got to try the Fostex TH-900. Pleather/leather aside, this headphone REALLY wowed me.post #26 of 2811/5/14 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #27 of 2811/5/14 at 2:38pm
Dt1350's have nicer mids than the HD 650's although they are closed on ear headphones and they suffer from the expected because of that.
They are superbly small, portable and accurate and I prefer them to my HD 650's and 598s.
They are built well and I even carried them on my back for 3 months while living outside.
Still like new.
GG?post #28 of 2811/5/14 at 6:50pmQuote:
Yes they are smooth. Not v-shaped at all. They have very substantial bass and very creamy mids. The treble extension is great, but it is never glaring or forward, if anything, slightly recessed.
I have heard the HD650's a couple times and I always finding myself comparing the SRH1540 to it.
- Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 35 seconds ago
- › Over ear Headphones or IEM? 1 minute ago
- › Mixer Compression Problems! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB50: All of your basses...all of them. 4 minutes ago
- › The Baby Orpheus Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cirrus Logic Flagship DAC evaluation (CS4398) 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Second Generation (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions thread + Australian tour 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3