- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best Headphones for Under $700? Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone Last post on 10/14/13 at 11:32pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Isn't that the same as doing your child's homework for them so they will get good grades?
OP, I'm not sure what is smoother than the HD650 in closed that is also spacious sounding. Smoother than 650 would head into dullsville.
Dear Headphone Lovers,
I suppose I did find the ones that suit me. These are Beyerdynamic DT150, sound is so sweet and full. Absolutely not harsh, not sibilant. I have only 10h of burn in. And thay are still fresh but even that, sound is so natural, so relaxing. Have never here before so natural sound. And believe me I have been testing a lot even closer to 1000$. I try not be too enthousiastic, but this smoothnes in sound is so nice.
The only two small worries are: comfort which is rather at Grado side of comfort, and a little bit resonating bass, but I suppose it is due to their out of box stiffnes.
Thank you for your input, after long period I decided to sell T70, but I stay with belowed DT150. Now I'd like to buy second pair and final thoughts are:
Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs
Which are best priced for their quality and offer not fatiguing long period listening?
+1 on the Shure SRH1540! At the time of my last post, I had not yet tried it.
Also recently I got to try the Fostex TH-900. Pleather/leather aside, this headphone REALLY wowed me.
Dt1350's have nicer mids than the HD 650's although they are closed on ear headphones and they suffer from the expected because of that.
They are superbly small, portable and accurate and I prefer them to my HD 650's and 598s.
They are built well and I even carried them on my back for 3 months while living outside.
Still like new.
Yes they are smooth. Not v-shaped at all. They have very substantial bass and very creamy mids. The treble extension is great, but it is never glaring or forward, if anything, slightly recessed.
I have heard the HD650's a couple times and I always finding myself comparing the SRH1540 to it.
- Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mr Speakers Ether 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Gonig electrostatic 2 minutes ago
- › Ortofon E-Q5 (Free Shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 6 minutes ago
- › Any good over ear headphones that are portable? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)