- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones for Under $700? Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone Last post on 10/14/13 at 11:32pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the ultrasone edition 8 the right headphone for me? Last post on 4/16/13 at 3:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones. - Page 2post #16 of 289/12/13 at 12:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 289/12/13 at 12:41pmpost #18 of 289/16/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Youre not serious, are you?Originally Posted by Beagle
Isn't that the same as doing your child's homework for them so they will get good grades?
OP, I'm not sure what is smoother than the HD650 in closed that is also spacious sounding. Smoother than 650 would head into dullsville.post #19 of 289/17/13 at 1:25amThread Starter
Dear Headphone Lovers,
I suppose I did find the ones that suit me. These are Beyerdynamic DT150, sound is so sweet and full. Absolutely not harsh, not sibilant. I have only 10h of burn in. And thay are still fresh but even that, sound is so natural, so relaxing. Have never here before so natural sound. And believe me I have been testing a lot even closer to 1000$. I try not be too enthousiastic, but this smoothnes in sound is so nice.
The only two small worries are: comfort which is rather at Grado side of comfort, and a little bit resonating bass, but I suppose it is due to their out of box stiffnes.post #20 of 289/18/13 at 11:39pmpost #21 of 2811/4/13 at 6:32pmpost #22 of 2811/5/14 at 2:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your input, after long period I decided to sell T70, but I stay with belowed DT150. Now I'd like to buy second pair and final thoughts are:
Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs
Which are best priced for their quality and offer not fatiguing long period listening?post #23 of 2811/5/14 at 5:17ampost #24 of 2811/5/14 at 8:14ampost #25 of 2811/5/14 at 10:00amQuote:
+1 on the Shure SRH1540! At the time of my last post, I had not yet tried it.
Also recently I got to try the Fostex TH-900. Pleather/leather aside, this headphone REALLY wowed me.post #26 of 2811/5/14 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #27 of 2811/5/14 at 2:38pm
Dt1350's have nicer mids than the HD 650's although they are closed on ear headphones and they suffer from the expected because of that.
They are superbly small, portable and accurate and I prefer them to my HD 650's and 598s.
They are built well and I even carried them on my back for 3 months while living outside.
Still like new.
GG?post #28 of 2811/5/14 at 6:50pmQuote:
Yes they are smooth. Not v-shaped at all. They have very substantial bass and very creamy mids. The treble extension is great, but it is never glaring or forward, if anything, slightly recessed.
I have heard the HD650's a couple times and I always finding myself comparing the SRH1540 to it.
- Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 35 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 54 seconds ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › QC25 without NC engaged + Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Qobuz lowers streaming prices 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)