- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T 70 Over Ear Headphone, Black/Greytagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best Headphones for Under $700? Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching high-quality Audiophile "non leaking" Headphone Last post on 10/14/13 at 11:32pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones. - Page 2post #16 of 289/12/13 at 12:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 289/12/13 at 12:41pmpost #18 of 289/16/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Youre not serious, are you?Originally Posted by Beagle
Isn't that the same as doing your child's homework for them so they will get good grades?
OP, I'm not sure what is smoother than the HD650 in closed that is also spacious sounding. Smoother than 650 would head into dullsville.post #19 of 289/17/13 at 1:25amThread Starter
Dear Headphone Lovers,
I suppose I did find the ones that suit me. These are Beyerdynamic DT150, sound is so sweet and full. Absolutely not harsh, not sibilant. I have only 10h of burn in. And thay are still fresh but even that, sound is so natural, so relaxing. Have never here before so natural sound. And believe me I have been testing a lot even closer to 1000$. I try not be too enthousiastic, but this smoothnes in sound is so nice.
The only two small worries are: comfort which is rather at Grado side of comfort, and a little bit resonating bass, but I suppose it is due to their out of box stiffnes.post #20 of 289/18/13 at 11:39pmpost #21 of 2811/4/13 at 6:32pmpost #22 of 2811/5/14 at 2:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your input, after long period I decided to sell T70, but I stay with belowed DT150. Now I'd like to buy second pair and final thoughts are:
Mad Dogs/Alpha Dogs
Which are best priced for their quality and offer not fatiguing long period listening?post #23 of 2811/5/14 at 5:17ampost #24 of 2811/5/14 at 8:14ampost #25 of 2811/5/14 at 10:00amQuote:
+1 on the Shure SRH1540! At the time of my last post, I had not yet tried it.
Also recently I got to try the Fostex TH-900. Pleather/leather aside, this headphone REALLY wowed me.post #26 of 2811/5/14 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #27 of 2811/5/14 at 2:38pm
Dt1350's have nicer mids than the HD 650's although they are closed on ear headphones and they suffer from the expected because of that.
They are superbly small, portable and accurate and I prefer them to my HD 650's and 598s.
They are built well and I even carried them on my back for 3 months while living outside.
Still like new.
GG?post #28 of 2811/5/14 at 6:50pmQuote:
Yes they are smooth. Not v-shaped at all. They have very substantial bass and very creamy mids. The treble extension is great, but it is never glaring or forward, if anything, slightly recessed.
I have heard the HD650's a couple times and I always finding myself comparing the SRH1540 to it.
- Smoothest sounding but spacious closed headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 21 seconds ago
- › Looking for High End IEM 23 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Balanced and unbalanced cable, mono and stereo audio file format 8 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2