or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp - Page 12

post #166 of 186
Dunno but it works perfectly with my tab. biggrin.gif

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #167 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursawar0000 View Post

Dunno but it works perfectly with my tab. biggrin.gif

Awesome! I sent my PHA-2 back an hour ago and my 720 should come tomorrow.
post #168 of 186

Well this Theorem 720 sounds utterly amazing. it powers my DT990's great and it works with my Nexus 5!!! unlike that PHA-2 I sent back that also had a very weak headphone amp. 

post #169 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post
 

Well this Theorem 720 sounds utterly amazing. it powers my DT990's great and it works with my Nexus 5!!! unlike that PHA-2 I sent back that also had a very weak headphone amp. 

Glad you liked it!

post #170 of 186
It's been fantastic. My note 10.1 2014 got kitkat update yesterday and the 720 works out of the box on it now! I just wish the USB port was on the back that's my only gripe but otherwise its amazing.
post #171 of 186
Does anyone else get intermittent contact when the 720 is plugged in? I gotta fiddle with the red plug so it makes contact to charge.
post #172 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post

Does anyone else get intermittent contact when the 720 is plugged in? I gotta fiddle with the red plug so it makes contact to charge.
With the charger? No problem for me. It works great!
post #173 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrinj View Post

Does anyone else get intermittent contact when the 720 is plugged in? I gotta fiddle with the red plug so it makes contact to charge.

 

I really have to push it in hard and not touch it when charging or it will disconnect, yes. Unfortunately

post #174 of 186

My charger had problems, too. The distributor here hooked me up with a replacement and all's been good since.

post #175 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

 

I really have to push it in hard and not touch it when charging or it will disconnect, yes. Unfortunately

Yeah it's weird. 

post #176 of 186
http://www.cypherlabs.com/dsd-playback/
I didn't know this was possible. Anyone here have the experience?
post #177 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post

http://www.cypherlabs.com/dsd-playback/
I didn't know this was possible. Anyone here have the experience?

 

I have tried (iPad -> Onkyo -> Theorem/dB). In both DACs, although I got to play DSD, the Onkyo player defaulted back to PCM before sending the data over to the Cypherlabs devices. As opposed to the Herus where the Onkyo player was able to play DSD native. Yes I had the DoP option enabled in the Onkyo player.

 

I've not tried UAPP yet.

post #178 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I have tried (iPad -> Onkyo -> Theorem/dB). In both DACs, although I got to play DSD, the Onkyo player defaulted back to PCM before sending the data over to the Cypherlabs devices. As opposed to the Herus where the Onkyo player was able to play DSD native. Yes I had the DoP option enabled in the Onkyo player.

 

I've not tried UAPP yet.

Hi,

 

I'm contemplating getting a Sony ZX-1 and that plays DSD but converted to PCM on the fly. To get it to play DSD natively, Sony would of course prefer us to buy their DSD-capable DAC/amp, the PHA-2. If the Theorem can also do this, that would be another alternative.

post #179 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post
 

Hi,

 

I'm contemplating getting a Sony ZX-1 and that plays DSD but converted to PCM on the fly. To get it to play DSD natively, Sony would of course prefer us to buy their DSD-capable DAC/amp, the PHA-2. If the Theorem can also do this, that would be another alternative.

 

Do we know for sure if the ZX1->PHA-2 plays DSD native? I know the PHA-2 does play DSD native when hooked to a PC/A+ or whatever player is used but can the ZX1 (or more precisely the default app player) actually output DSD/DoP? Or is the player only converting DSD->PCM before outputting to the PHA-2?

post #180 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Do we know for sure if the ZX1->PHA-2 plays DSD native? I know the PHA-2 does play DSD native when hooked to a PC/A+ or whatever player is used but can the ZX1 (or more precisely the default app player) actually output DSD/DoP? Or is the player only converting DSD->PCM before outputting to the PHA-2?

I'm quite sure based on what I've read so far plus there are 3 digital inputs for the PHA2 itself - High rez Walkmans, iDevices and PC/Mac.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC: A New Portable 24/192 USB/iDevice/Android DAC & Amp