- 19 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables? - Page 2
post #16 of 32
9/2/13 at 3:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 32
9/2/13 at 11:26pm
post #18 of 32
9/3/13 at 12:27am
It's no that bad, but really I'd just go for the Shure 840.
post #19 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:52pm
I couldn't do the red but I I'd pay $180.00 for a M50 with a detachable cable. I prefer the sound of the M50 over the 840's. Not to sway you though, just my thought. The 840's keep coming up in conversations. Guess I should go listen to some again to see if my opinion has changed.
post #20 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:58pm
post #21 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:59pm
post #22 of 32
9/3/13 at 8:34pm
post #23 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:49am
post #24 of 32
9/4/13 at 11:42am
post #25 of 32
9/4/13 at 2:31pm
post #26 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:31pm
Agreed. I have a set of HD 380 Pros at work. They are my first decent pair of headphones and do a good job of isolating. Only problem I have is switching between other headphones. The veiled sound is really noticeable then.
post #27 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:38pm
First time I've heard anyone say the Pro500MKII are more balanced than M50's or ws99's. I'll check them out. I got my M50's for the same price.
post #28 of 32
9/6/13 at 12:27am
Thanks, I'll let you guys know what I think about the 380's when they arrive here, I just need to burn them in for like 100 hours, as they show their potential within that time.
post #29 of 32
9/6/13 at 12:30am
post #30 of 32
9/6/13 at 7:58pm
I don't use an amp nor DAC but would like to. Never got around to buying one yet. My HD 380 Pros sound great with out one, connecting to iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini, Lenovo W500, T530. They will sound better with a better DAC and or headphone amp. For your PC, it's the sound card that matters. You won't know till you plug them in and turn it up...
- Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2618 Active Users (387 Members and 2231 Guests)
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 44 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › The Chord Hugo TT is announced. 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Dapper Digital Audio Player sync utility for Mac released on the... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 7 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 9 minutes ago
- › Really Important Question/HELP ME ANYBODY! 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3