- 18 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables? - Page 2
post #16 of 32
9/2/13 at 3:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 32
9/2/13 at 11:26pm
post #18 of 32
9/3/13 at 12:27am
It's no that bad, but really I'd just go for the Shure 840.
post #19 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:52pm
I couldn't do the red but I I'd pay $180.00 for a M50 with a detachable cable. I prefer the sound of the M50 over the 840's. Not to sway you though, just my thought. The 840's keep coming up in conversations. Guess I should go listen to some again to see if my opinion has changed.
post #20 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:58pm
post #21 of 32
9/3/13 at 7:59pm
post #22 of 32
9/3/13 at 8:34pm
post #23 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:49am
post #24 of 32
9/4/13 at 11:42am
post #25 of 32
9/4/13 at 2:31pm
post #26 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:31pm
Agreed. I have a set of HD 380 Pros at work. They are my first decent pair of headphones and do a good job of isolating. Only problem I have is switching between other headphones. The veiled sound is really noticeable then.
post #27 of 32
9/4/13 at 9:38pm
First time I've heard anyone say the Pro500MKII are more balanced than M50's or ws99's. I'll check them out. I got my M50's for the same price.
post #28 of 32
9/6/13 at 12:27am
Thanks, I'll let you guys know what I think about the 380's when they arrive here, I just need to burn them in for like 100 hours, as they show their potential within that time.
post #29 of 32
9/6/13 at 12:30am
post #30 of 32
9/6/13 at 7:58pm
I don't use an amp nor DAC but would like to. Never got around to buying one yet. My HD 380 Pros sound great with out one, connecting to iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini, Lenovo W500, T530. They will sound better with a better DAC and or headphone amp. For your PC, it's the sound card that matters. You won't know till you plug them in and turn it up...
- Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3538 Active Users (668 Members and 2870 Guests)
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 seconds ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 7 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 Vs IE800...?? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Beyer T90 PRICE REDUCTION 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2