- 17 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: California
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- yo. just adopted a pair of ath m50s Last post on 12/7/13 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s Review Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones in iphone vs Laptop Last post on 11/24/13 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables? - Page 2post #16 of 329/2/13 at 3:10pmI do...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/2/13 at 11:26pmThread Starterpost #18 of 329/3/13 at 12:27amQuote:
It's no that bad, but really I'd just go for the Shure 840.post #19 of 329/3/13 at 7:52pmI couldn't do the red but I I'd pay $180.00 for a M50 with a detachable cable. I prefer the sound of the M50 over the 840's. Not to sway you though, just my thought. The 840's keep coming up in conversations. Guess I should go listen to some again to see if my opinion has changed.post #20 of 329/3/13 at 7:58pmpost #21 of 329/3/13 at 7:59pmpost #22 of 329/3/13 at 8:34pmpost #23 of 329/4/13 at 9:49ampost #24 of 329/4/13 at 11:42amThread Starterpost #25 of 329/4/13 at 2:31pmpost #26 of 329/4/13 at 9:31pmAgreed. I have a set of HD 380 Pros at work. They are my first decent pair of headphones and do a good job of isolating. Only problem I have is switching between other headphones. The veiled sound is really noticeable then.post #27 of 329/4/13 at 9:38pm
First time I've heard anyone say the Pro500MKII are more balanced than M50's or ws99's. I'll check them out. I got my M50's for the same price.post #28 of 329/6/13 at 12:27amThread Starter
Thanks, I'll let you guys know what I think about the 380's when they arrive here, I just need to burn them in for like 100 hours, as they show their potential within that time.post #29 of 329/6/13 at 12:30amThread Starterpost #30 of 329/6/13 at 7:58pmI don't use an amp nor DAC but would like to. Never got around to buying one yet. My HD 380 Pros sound great with out one, connecting to iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini, Lenovo W500, T530. They will sound better with a better DAC and or headphone amp. For your PC, it's the sound card that matters. You won't know till you plug them in and turn it up...
- Headphone that is the same as Audio Technica ATH-M50 but detachable cords/cables?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3034 Active Users (599 Members and 2435 Guests)
- › Westone ES50, A Make-over of Westone's Flagship Custom IEM just now
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 37 seconds ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 39 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 42 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 47 seconds ago
- › Replacement for Head-Direct Re0 56 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › $200-300 DAC/AMP for HE-400 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe