or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread - Page 13

post #181 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

any tips for taking care of the wood while it's still attached to the headphone...

I might be getting DairyProduce [ironically I work those two departments at wal mart]  Code X or I'll be getting wood cups installed onto my HE 4, either way I'll have 3 wood housed headphones here soon :3

but my W1000x and Cocobolo D2k need some love and care... they are polished and well taken care of but I wonder how I should best countinue to care for them
Thats a question i also had..maybe luis can give some advices also, as he knows what wood and what finishes he used on the code-x'es
And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever more..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/19/14 at 2:28am
post #182 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Thats a question i also had..maybe luis can give some advices also, as he knows what wood and what finishes he used on the code-x'es
And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever mkre..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.

I'm not selling it willingly that's for sure :o

post #183 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

I'm not selling it willingly that's for sure redface.gif
I know my friend. frown.gif i can imagine how hard it must be..good luck with it.
post #184 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

Feed-N-Wax - you can get it at home depot. Probably the best wax I've found. It is the same stuff Audeze includes with their kits.

:beerchug:

post #185 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
 

 

Feed-N-Wax - you can get it at home depot. Probably the best wax I've found. It is the same stuff Audeze includes with their kits.

cool beans, any tips for application 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Thats a question i also had..maybe luis can give some advices also, as he knows what wood and what finishes he used on the code-x'es
And another thing..i have a feeling u will like what u will hear when u do decide to buy the code-x...u wont get this chance ever more..the rest wont sell their code-x.. this is imho a chance u dont wanna miss.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post
 

:beerchug:

it should be noted Dairy is asking, or quoted me $1250... which is double what I paid for my soon to be very modded HE 4 q.q so I'll have to pass sadly. My car needs about $400 in work but I would LOVE to hear it >.>

post #186 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

cool beans, any tips for application 

 

 

 

it should be noted Dairy is asking, or quoted me $1250... which is double what I paid for my soon to be very modded HE 4 q.q so I'll have to pass sadly. My car needs about $400 in work but I would LOVE to hear it >.>

 

Yea - grab a rag (old sock, etc.), apply the wax to the sock and then rub it on. Wait an hour or so then wipe off the residue. Rinse and repeat. I typically apply 3 applications to give the wood a nice shine and to provide a film of wax for protection. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post
 

:beerchug:

:beerchug:

post #187 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

cool beans, any tips for application 



it should be noted Dairy is asking, or quoted me $1250... which is double what I paid for my soon to be very modded HE 4 q.q so I'll have to pass sadly. My car needs about $400 in work but I would LOVE to hear it >.>
I have to be honest, thats a good price for an original, almost not used, woody Code-X!

Somebody offered 1500usd on the spot after listening to mine! But okay its not cheap, if u wanna go more affordable get a he500, he4 etc... But u wont get the soundquality, musicality and emotion this phone pumps out...i can only imagine how bad dairy must be feeling and how bad his situation must be to be forced to sell it...for me to sell mine i had to be rockbottom bad!

As i said..u wont find another anytime soon..or maybe never..its a keeper..the 20 owners dont talk about it either..they dont need to... They just know what a unique headphone they have wink.gif

Dairy: i deeply hope u sell ur code-x.. So ur situation can be solved..good luck buddy!
post #188 of 260

I'm trying to see if I can somehow keep it :confused_face:

post #189 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

I'm trying to see if I can somehow keep it :confused_face:

I honestly hope that you can q.q

 

I have an HE 4, which is getting a new cable and some Wood Houseings.

 

but I yea I doubt it's going to match the sound of the Code X, but it's nice to know the Code X is in leagues with the LCD X/3 and maybe the HD 800

 

gawd how does the Code X compare to cans like the Aybss :O

post #190 of 260
Its sold guys..some lucky new owner has him..hope he says something on this thread about his first impressions about his new toy wink.gif
post #191 of 260
How does the code-x compare with the He-6?
post #192 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post

How does the code-x compare with the He-6?

I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there biggrin.gif

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up... wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 4/6/14 at 1:20pm
post #193 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there biggrin.gif

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up... wink.gif

Damn. . .

 

The only option now is to buy both.:D

post #194 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post

Damn. . .

The only option now is to buy both.biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
post #195 of 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I only once heard the he6 a while ago..so i cant give u a one on one difference...but if u go back to the first pages of this thread u will read that someone did compare it and found the code-x better..and a dear friend of mine who actually is the importer/dealer of hifiman here in the netherlands said same thing when he also heard it on his head in sweden on a meet... And based on those two people i ordered one...to pair with my new amp, which was designed and built purely to drive a he6 on its best..but i got a code-x instead and never looked back..but in a couple of months a benelux meet will take place and i will then be able to do a one on one compare..and after that there will be a 'on invite' meeting for around 6rigs max... Also with a he6 rig...and i will be there biggrin.gif

So in couple of months i will know how my code-x will scale up... wink.gif

 

Greed will be able to tell more about that ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread