Hey everyone just thought i would post i'm Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^ as in Australia there is a deal with coca-cola to get points and i had enough points to get em so basically Free haha just want to know would the Fiio E5 be a good amp or could you's suggest a better one thanks heaps.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50 headphones lost isolation Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50's 150Hz-1kHz Peak? Last post on 6/27/13 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Limited Edition Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S/LE vs. Shure SRH940 Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-780 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 LE vs Ultrasone HFI-2400 Last post on 11/19/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^post #1 of 219/1/13 at 3:53amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 219/1/13 at 4:14ampost #3 of 219/1/13 at 4:22amHello!
If you are currently using any iDevice, the E5 won't make much differences. In addition, the ATH-M50 does not at all requires an amp to shine
Hope it helps!
Billsonpost #4 of 219/1/13 at 4:28ampost #5 of 219/1/13 at 4:42amThread StarterQuote:
it cost about 2250 ^_^Quote:
well i will be using my acer laptop and psp
Its cokerewards ^_^post #6 of 219/1/13 at 5:08amQuote:
Neither will benefit with the FiiO E5 in my opinion. Pairing it with the PSP will result in double amping -> distortions. As for Acer laptop, I suggest you to look into something with DAC and Amp to make the upgrade more noticeable
Billsonpost #7 of 219/1/13 at 5:14amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the advice ^_^ its really helpful.post #8 of 219/1/13 at 5:33ampost #9 of 219/1/13 at 8:03am
Had a look on their site and the M50 isn't listed as a reward. How much does 2250 equivilate to in terms of coke? And yeah, you won't need amping, perfectly fine to run them off most any device.post #10 of 219/2/13 at 1:48amThread StarterQuote:
I think over like a year its 50 to 100 and thanks for the help.
also sorry there no longer on there hopefully they restock.post #11 of 219/2/13 at 2:43amI have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.post #12 of 219/2/13 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by jimi
I have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.
If you are fine with the iPad Mini as your sources it is always cheaper to bypass the internal DAC of iPad than iPhone/iPod. Get a camera kit with the USB jack, with some DAC it will work!
Billsonpost #13 of 219/2/13 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #14 of 219/2/13 at 10:43pmpost #15 of 219/3/13 at 6:01amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks heaps i can't wait to get my M50's ^_^ and soon i will buy one of those DAC just so i can have the best quality.
- Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 20 seconds ago
- › Grado ramblings... 21 seconds ago
- › 4 pin XLR to 1/4 adapter...something special or grab on from fleabay? 1 minute ago
- › Cans/Amp/DAC combo, $500 Budget 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Sinegen download....something that actually works!!! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe