Hey everyone just thought i would post i'm Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^ as in Australia there is a deal with coca-cola to get points and i had enough points to get em so basically Free haha just want to know would the Fiio E5 be a good amp or could you's suggest a better one thanks heaps.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 3/25/14 at 2:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH m50 headphones lost isolation Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50's 150Hz-1kHz Peak? Last post on 6/27/13 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Limited Edition Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you are currently using any iDevice, the E5 won't make much differences. In addition, the ATH-M50 does not at all requires an amp to shine
Hope it helps!
it cost about 2250 ^_^
well i will be using my acer laptop and psp
Its cokerewards ^_^
Neither will benefit with the FiiO E5 in my opinion. Pairing it with the PSP will result in double amping -> distortions. As for Acer laptop, I suggest you to look into something with DAC and Amp to make the upgrade more noticeable
Thanks for the advice ^_^ its really helpful.
Had a look on their site and the M50 isn't listed as a reward. How much does 2250 equivilate to in terms of coke? And yeah, you won't need amping, perfectly fine to run them off most any device.
I think over like a year its 50 to 100 and thanks for the help.
also sorry there no longer on there hopefully they restock.
I have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.
If you are fine with the iPad Mini as your sources it is always cheaper to bypass the internal DAC of iPad than iPhone/iPod. Get a camera kit with the USB jack, with some DAC it will work!
Thanks heaps i can't wait to get my M50's ^_^ and soon i will buy one of those DAC just so i can have the best quality.
- Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 28 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 40 seconds ago
- › Can you guys help me find pictures of the RHA MA750 being worn? 50 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › TDK BA 200 5 minutes ago
- › pico slim + mini to mini cable 6 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 9 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)