Hey everyone just thought i would post i'm Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^ as in Australia there is a deal with coca-cola to get points and i had enough points to get em so basically Free haha just want to know would the Fiio E5 be a good amp or could you's suggest a better one thanks heaps.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 6/29/15 at 4:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH m50 headphones lost isolation Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50's 150Hz-1kHz Peak? Last post on 6/27/13 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Limited Edition Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you are currently using any iDevice, the E5 won't make much differences. In addition, the ATH-M50 does not at all requires an amp to shine
Hope it helps!
it cost about 2250 ^_^
well i will be using my acer laptop and psp
Its cokerewards ^_^
Neither will benefit with the FiiO E5 in my opinion. Pairing it with the PSP will result in double amping -> distortions. As for Acer laptop, I suggest you to look into something with DAC and Amp to make the upgrade more noticeable
Thanks for the advice ^_^ its really helpful.
Had a look on their site and the M50 isn't listed as a reward. How much does 2250 equivilate to in terms of coke? And yeah, you won't need amping, perfectly fine to run them off most any device.
I think over like a year its 50 to 100 and thanks for the help.
also sorry there no longer on there hopefully they restock.
I have the ath-m50's. They sound great connected direct to Lenovo laptops, desktops, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch current generation, Nexus 7 first generation, iPad mini. I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 (next year) before getting a DAC/amp. Seems it takes about $600.00 to get a decent one that the Apple devices can use the external DAC. I'll wait till next version for those dollars, hoping they get better and cheaper.
If you are fine with the iPad Mini as your sources it is always cheaper to bypass the internal DAC of iPad than iPhone/iPod. Get a camera kit with the USB jack, with some DAC it will work!
Thanks heaps i can't wait to get my M50's ^_^ and soon i will buy one of those DAC just so i can have the best quality.
- Getting my First ATH-M50RD Headphones soon ^_^
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 36 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 1 minute ago
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3