or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 - Page 11

post #151 of 481

Yep the Studio doesn't have a true LO. Personally I am not a fan of amping the unit. For some reason I feel it takes away from the magic of these players. Especially in the intimacy of the vocals. To be honest that is an endearing qualify of the player when you think of it. Having it as a standalone unit and not having to amp it is a plus in my book.

post #152 of 481
thanks H20 and lee.

BTW, referring to your discussions as to the BTN sound on/off I prefer BTN sound on - there are some small difference in the sound depending whether BTN sound is on or off.
post #153 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post

thanks H20 and lee.

BTW, referring to your discussions as to the BTN sound on/off I prefer BTN sound on - there are some small difference in the sound depending whether BTN sound is on or off.


This is true, though I leave it off because the beeping noise drives me nuts.

I really don't need to be anymore nuts...

post #154 of 481
yeah, this beap sound is annoying and at first glance I had an impression that with the BTN sound off the hiss is small (but maybe this was just impression:rolleyes:)
post #155 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

So keep in mind that line out there with 760 opens up a world of possibilities and adjusting the tonality / signature with amps.

This sounds absolutely great far better than both 760 and Studio V headphone out. Some of the cleanest, detailed, transparent sound I've heard.

H20Fidelity, this is the intriguing part. Would you say that 760 via LO with the good amp sounds better in terms on instrument separation, clarity, transparency and airness in comparison to Studio V? Would you say that is due to the fact that DAC implementation in 760 is better and therefore it sounds better than the DAC+Amp sections of Studio V?
Edited by shakur1996 - 2/19/14 at 3:10am
post #156 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post


H20Fidelity, this is the intriguing part. Would you say that 760 via LO with the good amp sounds better in terms on instrument separation, clarity, transparency and airness in comparison to Studio V? Would you say that is due to the fact that DAC implementation in 760 is better and therefore it sounds better than the DAC+Amp sections of Studio V?


Depending on the earphone/headphone (and amp used) 760+amp can sound better. For example: I'm using JDS C421 - OP2227 /  ER4S / pure silver interconnect, that to my ears does sound better then Studio V with ER4S, there's more detail, air, and a crisper more transparent sound, separation would be a little less still, it's actually brighter too due to the C421 signature. So it can depending on the combination. I have tried other amps with 760 like C&C BH which did not give the same amount of improvement over Studio units.

 

post #157 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I have tried other amps with 760 like C&C BH which did not give the same amount of improvement over Studio units.
 

Was, to your ears, 760 via LO plus C&C BH on pair with Studio V or worser?
post #158 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post


Was, to your ears, 760 via LO plus C&C BH on pair with Studio V or worser?


Better in soundstage and bass texture, also sub-bass, but not driving power or detail, C&C BH is a great little amp, it adds a nice dose of clarity the soundstage is great and also has it's very own timbre/essence it gives to your earphones, kind of a euphoric sound, though it was always behind a touch in that raw detail a Studio gives, it didn't matter what you plugged the amp into. By all means it was close and probably enough for most, but die hards who are looking to extract the most detail they can, you would hear the 760/BH pull below a Studio unit.

I have also tried 760 with Tralucent T1, but cannot respond with certainty as we're under the assumption that T1 amp is possibly faulty to some degree.

We're sending it away to another member and have them compare with their T1 amp. this week.
 

post #159 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

After spending some more time with IHIFI 760 turns out to have not one resume feature but three!

That's right, whoever designed this player made certain you're not going to miss any of your last tracks. there's a feature called 'Resume Recollection' which remembers your last three shut downs and keeps the track/track duration stored allowing you to choose where to start again on boot up. There's also basic 'Resume Play' which resumes the most recent shut down.

 (please excuse the shoddy pics and scratches, my cameras night sensor can be seen on the screen and I haven't removed the factory screen protector)


First you select this menu.
 




Which takes you to the pic below into resume central where IHIFI 760 has saved the last three shut downs keeping the duration and track.

From here you select which track you want and resume the session of your choice where you left off.

 

 

 

I think that's a pretty cool feature, especially considering players like Colorfly C3, Hisound Studio V, Rocco BA (from external) don't even have a resume (and DX50 when this was written) So we have all these players with no resume feature and this one supports three! there's also some basic EQ presets and some other nifty enhancements in a section called MSEQ, where you can find LEQ, BASS, 3D. But of course we know the 760 should (and does to me) sound best set flat.

 Also appears 760's adapted Colorfly C3 file sorting by time/date, which is a bummer, but nothing new to a C3 owner.

I still can't get past the Sony MDR-V6 pairing, also rather nice with ER4S but I keep going back to the full size headphone.

Hi H20Fidelity,

 

I just got my 760 today. However I can't find EQ and MSEQ settings on the menu. Where is it hidden? One thing that bothers me most is the volume knob. It is quite hard to turn the volume knob. When I turn knob to half way or so it stucks somewhere there and I can barely turn the volume. I think my unit is defective and I will send it back.

post #160 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

Hi H20Fidelity,

 

I just got my 760 today. However I can't find EQ and MSEQ settings on the menu. Where is it hidden? One thing that bothers me most is the volume knob. It is quite hard to turn the volume knob. When I turn knob to half way or so it stucks somewhere there and I can barely turn the volume. I think my unit is defective and I will send it back.


When on the now playing screen you press the play button to open up the menu options. Can you try  lifting/pulling the volume knob away from the casing about 1/2 millimeter? Just use something to pull it out from the casing a fraction (possibly even just two fingers) Sounds like it's scuffing the casing by a little.

post #161 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


When on the now playing screen you press the play button to open up the menu options. Can you try  lifting/pulling the volume knob away from the casing about 1/2 millimeter? Just use something to pull it out from the casing a fraction (possibly even just two fingers) Sounds like it's scuffing the casing by a little.

 

Thank you H20Fidelity. Finally I found the settings but the problem remains:(( Here is the picture of the knob. As you can see it is not centered. I've sent a message to bigbargainonline and waiting for reply. 

 


Edited by ozkan - 2/27/14 at 3:31am
post #162 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
 

 

Thank you H20Fidelity. Finally I found the settings but the problem remains:(( Here is the picture of the knob. As you can see it is not centered. I've sent a message to bigbargainonline and waiting for reply. 

 


Yes, I see your problem, that's no good, have you tried removing the battery cover and have a look inside? :ph34r:

I've never taken the back cover off but it has a user replaceable battery, you may be able to loosen some screws on the board and reseat it.

I'm just trying to prevent an exchange for you.
 

post #163 of 481

Well, here's what it looks like inside.

You can actually pull the volume dial away from the unit a touch as I've just done. (you would just need about 1mm) not as much as I have done.



Or see that screw next to it? My guess is that may of been tightened to much.
 

 

 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/27/14 at 4:22am
post #164 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Yes, I see your problem, that's no good, have you tried removing the battery cover and have a look inside? :ph34r:

I've never taken the back cover off but it has a user replaceable battery, you may be able to loosen some screws on the board and reseat it.

I'm just trying to prevent an exchange for you.
 

 

Thanks again for giving the idea of pulling away the knob H20Fidelity. :bigsmile_face: The problem is solved with your help. That is what I did: I removed the volume knob and bended it with my fingers. Now it works like a charm. 

Thanks man, you saved my day and money for sending it back.:beerchug: Now I think I have to burn-in my new toy for 50 hours, right?

post #165 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkan View Post

Thanks again for giving the idea of pulling away the knob H20Fidelity. bigsmile_face.gif  The problem is solved with your help. That is what I did: I removed the volume knob and bended it with my fingers. Now it works like a charm. 
Thanks man, you saved my day and money for sending it back.beerchug.gif  Now I think I have to burn-in my new toy for 50 hours, right?

Great!

Yes, let it play for a while with headphones connected at a decent volume. :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960