So I can confirm that the DX50 firmware is built on top of Android !
What I've found so far:
- If you turn it off and the press the power button and the volume up button for ten seconds it will go in recovery mode. (and the bootloader seems to be unlocked)
- then if you plug it to your pc it is recognized by ADB (Android Bridge Debugger from Android SDK) and you can run adb shell to access it.
- It's running a modified version of Android 4.1.1
- it's already rooted (busybox is present)
- The "player" seems to be called mango
I'll try to dump the complete Rom to see if something is feasible
I wonder if its possible to add personal-made wallpapers/themes..
Let us know what you find, and if you find anything that involves images of the wallpaper and menu templates, do let me know!