Originally Posted by Dizzle77
I'm currently looking for a DAP to replace my current portable rig - iPhone 4 + Fiio E17.
I've now got my mind set on the DX50, but had a few questions
1. Might be a stupid question, but will I see a noticable difference with my current setup? (I plan to use Future Sonics MX5 earphones)
2. Would it be recommended to carry on using the E17 with DX50 or could I just get away with using the DX50 on it's own?
3. Can the DX50 drive my HE400 headphones?
Hi, regarding your questions,
1. Yes, I believe that you will be able to hear a difference. The DX50 would be a considerable step up from your current set up. E.g. Better separation, imaging and detail IMO.
2. The DX50's own internal amp would suffice. I believe it's on par, if not better, than the E17's. By pairing it with the E17, you might be sacrificing a huge part of portability for a minimal improvement in sound quality.
3. I don't own the HE-400's so I can't answer this. Sorry.
Hope this helps you