or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016 - Page 923

post #13831 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post


it does

Sweet. Shall give it a shot now. Have been busy, but not anymore!

post #13832 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Sweet. Shall give it a shot now. Have been busy, but not anymore!

ill try to flash the newer version of the mega sound explosion that has the dac feature..as per doc he changed the kernel for the dac to work..hopefully no changes on the SQ..
post #13833 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post


ill try to flash the newer version of the mega sound explosion that has the dac feature..as per doc he changed the kernel for the dac to work..hopefully no changes on the SQ..

I just installed the 1.50 version of the Mega Sound Explosion firmware, but in the system info, it still reads 1.2.9?

post #13834 of 18446
its a DX90 FW ported for DX50..im not sure if thats the latest FW of DX90..how does it sounds?
post #13835 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub0ne View Post

its a DX90 FW ported for DX50..im not sure if thats the latest FW of DX90..how does it sounds?

Yeah, so I've noticed too. I believe it was, since I took it from this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyrhythm View Post
 

 

The following are the best of the crop (3 in total):

 

Go for the factory 1.5.first IMO it really sounds great. I went from Mega Sound Explosion to this and I am sticking with it.

 

If you use Headphones/IEMS that are maybe warm/slightly slower in signature/ have any low frequency hump then I would definitely suggest:

 

Doc2008 mega sound explosion (based on SX-90FW): (links below)

 

DOWNLOAD MEGA

DOWNLOAD WITH YANDEX

DOWNLOAD THE VERSION WITH THE CWM

 

 

also, this has just come in by Doc 2008 (but only try it if either of the above do not suit your needs)

 

DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION SECOND EDITION by DOC2008

-port based DX90 standard v2.0.5
-supports USB DAC
-Fixed: Russians tags
-removed sound library and configure the Android
-supports all audio formats
-best sound detail of all my firmware
-the tone is rather pale compared to the first version of the MEGA (may not be suitable for bright headphones)
Bass is excellent in terms of quantity and quality-a clear and articulated
-IMHO: one of my best firmware


DOWNLOAD
 

Sourcing my firmware from the "DOWNLOAD" link at the bottom of the post.

I'll give it a go now, and come back with some small impressions. :) 

Honestly, I don't know if I can directly compare it to 1.2.8, since the waiting time between each firmware installation takes ages, but I'll do what I can. 

 

EDIT: First thing I notice was the awesome new splash screen that pops up for a few seconds. :)


Edited by SkyBleu - 6/27/14 at 6:14am
post #13836 of 18446

Alrighty, so after quickly switching from Mega Sound Explosion v1.1 (? The one before 1.5.0), to Mega Sound Explosion second edition (1.5.0?), I noticed that it was brighter sounding on the v1.1, although this may be placebo, or the fact that I may have not remembered correctly what v1.1 sounded like moments ago. The second edition sounds fuller, but it feels a slight bit warmer also.. 

 

I should have put more time into v1.1 first of all, but right now, I think I prefer what I initially heard on v1.1 than I am on the second edition Mega Sound Explosion. Both mega explosive versions seem to have a more expansive soundstage than the stock 1.2.8. I should also mention, I'm currently sick, so that may play a part in how I interpret what I'm hearing. 

 

ADD: I'll leave second edition on for now, since there are so many firmwares flying around everywhere, and I don't want to be switching back and fourth all day long, but will finalize my decision when we get more opinions on the differences in here. I'll let it settle for the time being, since none of them are "bad" or unbearable. 

 

Also, I am really liking the new smooth scrolling, as well as the new file format icons. Nice addition/tweak. 

 

ADD2: I may be tripping balls from my tiredness, but the layering of instruments and vocals, etc, is more distinguishable? Or is this the result of the widened soundstage?

 

Nonetheless, I am enjoying second edition Mega Sound Explosion. :) Will give v1.1 a go again when I'm free to do a proper comparison. 


Edited by SkyBleu - 6/27/14 at 6:44am
post #13837 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

EDIT: First thing I notice was the awesome new splash screen that pops up for a few seconds. smily_headphones1.gif

pretty cool ey..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Alrighty, so after quickly switching from Mega Sound Explosion v1.1 (? The one before 1.5.0), to Mega Sound Explosion second edition (1.5.0?), I noticed that it was brighter sounding on the v1.1, although this may be placebo, or the fact that I may have not remembered correctly what v1.1 sounded like moments ago. The second edition sounds fuller, but it feels a slight bit warmer also.. 

I should have put more time into v1.1 first of all, but right now, I think I prefer what I initially heard on v1.1 than I am on the second edition Mega Sound Explosion. Both mega explosive versions seem to have a more expansive soundstage than the stock 1.2.8. I should also mention, I'm currently sick, so that may play a part in how I interpret what I'm hearing. 

ADD: I'll leave second edition on for now, since there are so many firmwares flying around everywhere, and I don't want to be switching back and fourth all day long, but will finalize my decision when we get more opinions on the differences in here. I'll let it settle for the time being, since none of them are "bad" or unbearable. 

Also, I am really liking the new smooth scrolling, as well as the new file format icons. Nice addition/tweak. 

ADD2: I may be tripping balls from my tiredness, but the layering of instruments and vocals, etc, is more distinguishable? Or is this the result of the widened soundstage?

Nonetheless, I am enjoying second edition Mega Sound Explosion. smily_headphones1.gif Will give v1.1 a go again when I'm free to do a proper comparison. 

cool..will flash the same FW after office lol
Edited by cub0ne - 6/27/14 at 6:48am
post #13838 of 18446

Ok I must be DAP stupid or something,  I cannot for the life of my figure out how to make updates, let alone how to even make a playlist on rockbox or change the wall paper.  I have followed each instruction exactly both from forum advice as well as reading all of the manuals line by line.  I attempted to install the new firmware update 1.5 however it does not seem to take.  I read the info doc that came with it but it does not install.  Anybody else experience this?

 

Also with the wall paper, I made the file "wallpaper.png" from the list of suggested wallpapers on the forum.  Does not work either.  

 

ALSO the playlist options on rockbox are a complete mess. 

 

ANY input will be welcomed because this has become hours and hours of messing around with this thing and it almost seems pointless to me.  Please help....

 

(yes I know this is the frustrated meltdown post but it happens.)

post #13839 of 18446

You can't install a new firmware because you have the RockBox recovery on your device.  If all you want is a new firmware, you have to remove RB by installing the stock_recovery zip from the folder that you got all your RockBox stuff in. 

  • "uninstall
  • 1) use cwm to return to stock recovery (stock_recovery.zip from package you downloaded before)
  • 2) use stock recovery to flash any update.img"
  •  

If you want to keep RB, read back in this thread a few pages and find the RED info from DOC2008, it looks like you have a choice of RB as it is or a new firmware.  RockBox has a separate thread here  http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-25   where you should ask your questions about its functions and uses.

post #13840 of 18446

how do i use the stock recovery?  

post #13841 of 18446

can anybody tell me?  I'm completely lost..!!!!  how do I restore from using rb because it's just not working, these roots and zip files confuse the hell out of me.  

post #13842 of 18446

Sigh.  Put the zip on an empty SD card.  Insert it in your device.  Reboot.  Choose install zip from external SD card (you have to scroll/select/scroll a ways to do this).  Choose it.  It will reboot.  After it finishes, plug in the device to your computer and insert the update 1.5 into your device (make sure it is empty).  follow the update instructions (included with the update) completely.  After it completes, you should be on 1.5 without RB.  

 

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50_UserGuide.pdf

post #13843 of 18446
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzero View Post
 

can anybody tell me?  I'm completely lost..!!!!  how do I restore from using rb because it's just not working, these roots and zip files confuse the hell out of me.  

 

 

uninstall

  • 1) use cwm to return to stock recovery (stock_recovery.zip from package you downloaded before)
  • 2) use stock recovery to flash any update.img

 

From link on the first page of the DX50 rockbox thread. In step 2 I think "stock recovery" was a typo since they are actually just referring to the "update system" option in the Advanced Settings menu.

 

EDIT: In step 1 I place stock_recovery.zip in the internal storage of the DX50; different from what olddude does.

  •  

Edited by bluesyfluesy - 6/27/14 at 8:36am
post #13844 of 18446
Hi folks, just a quick question:

I'm thinking about buying the dx50 but need to know if it's able to add sub folders to a Playlist recursively, or if there's any other option to play a specific folder with all its sub folders shuffled.
I know from using a Sansa clip that it's possible with rockbox, but from reading the manual and searching this thread, it seems like this isn't possible with the stock os (only shuffle all files from database or files within one folder without the sub folders) right?


Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
post #13845 of 18446

Ok, thats a start.  It seems that file was already in the dx50 however, how do I "use" it?  Like a step by step process of what button, when and how etc....  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016