Glad the thread is back on track.
I ignored my own advise to wait and did the update last evening. Some findings after spending some time with 1.1.5:
1. Update went smoothly. I believe someone already pointed out we need to do that Factory Reset thing AFTER the update is completed (Step #4 in the readme.txt) which seems to be a crucial steps.
2. I didn't notice any SQ changes. I specifically listened to a couple very familiar track before and after (the update took maybe 2 mins max) but I cannot discern any difference.
3. the ' issue on filename is NOT fixed. Not sure about other characters. *
4. 24/192 files play at half speed and is not usable
5. Via coaxial, 24/96 is now working, 24/192 have sound but the same half speed playback, 24/88 still no output, 24/48 works as prior to update. Do not have 24/176 file to test but probably don't work.
6. Compilations album got split into multiple and results in a super long/clumsy Album view
7. Thumbnail of cover art is now showing on Album view**
8. Genre view is added and works**
9. DB scanning time on a full 64gb class 10 Sandisk micro SD improves from 12min with 1.0 to about 9min with 1.1.5
10. Can continue to Play all tracks in All Music view**
11. No channel reverse thus far *
12. No system freeze thus far
* items listed as bugs fixed with 1.1.5
** items listed as functions added with 1.1.5
Personally it doesn't fix much or break much things for my normal usage. I would be more pissed if I listen to exclusively 192 files. Emailed iBasso and they are urgently trying to push out another patch next Tuesday.
Overall I still AMAZED by this little DAP's sound after a week. It has excellent synergy with all my IEMs, and paired extremely well with the International, SR71B, Intruder, and MASS KOBO 385 I tried.
Edited by kkcc - 9/13/13 at 7:20pm